Sponsored

Tis a sad day that I wish was an April fools joke.

OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Video following collision (updated in original post as well)

Sponsored

OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Glad you are ok. ACC ? I guess Ford sorted out the ACC problems with the S550. šŸ™„
Thank you! And Sorry to clarify, ACC = accessory, not adaptive cruise control

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Assuming decision of Total: one thing that helped me, with insurance company settlement, when I was t-boned was going back to dealer where I bought the car and getting a letter stating what they would have given me as trade in value. Dealership will want your business so they will be inclined to put a higher number there even if in reality they wouldnā€™t give you that amount normally.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I wouldn't be too worried about it not driving right after a repair. Cars way way worse than yours get fixed every day. These cars can take a really good hit and get fixed up quite easily.

If frame measurements check out and a final alignment is able to get everything into spec you'll be good.

Use some of that diminished value $ for a gt500 bumper and make your car better in the process.

Also if it's getting repaired talk to the body shop and let then know you want OEM headlights / bumpers / parts. Nit sure about your state laws but up here they're allowed to substitute with aftermarket LKQ. Body shop can normally work with dealers and get the oem parts (lights/bumper covers) for the same price or close to aftermarket ones.

It'll all be ok whatever way it goes. Bolts, metal and plastic can easily be replaced. A fucked up body can't. Glad your ok and not hurt!

Sponsored

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
Reset use to be in the trunk on the same side you put gas into your vehicle. Used to be just a button to push to reset it. You could take a hammer and hit it to set it off. lol

2005- 2010ish? It was in the driver kick panel. I think

Sucks about your car, but material doesn't matter as much as life. Glad you are good!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I love old folks but some of them need their keys taken away. I had to take Momā€™s away. Hard to do but necessary.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Either way you're probably gonna have to sue that lady to get diminished value. Insurance won't cover it. That could easily be 10K.
Agreed - sue the old bat.

OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If it does get repaired, I assume car will be sitting for a few weeks while they're being completed. About a half tank of E85 is in the car - when do I need to start worrying about E85 degradation and too much moisture collecting?

Sponsored

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Iā€™m cruising down a city street and an elderly lady pulls out of a parking lot, darts across 4 lanes in order to try and get to the other side of the street. Unfortunately, there was no avoiding her and I end up T-boning her car.

Steering wheel, driver footwell, and pillar airbags deployed along with damaged seen here.

i was going ~25mph when I collided with her but fortunately we are both physically okay. She claimed fault at the scene and on the police report so hopefully I donā€™t have to deal with any BS insurance issues.

Posting this b/c wanted some opinions re: if itā€™s possibly totaled vs definitely totaled. Also, b/c my soul is crushed and need to vent

2020 GT base 301a package with digital cluster and 8ā€ infotainment screen. 15k miles. This happened in south Texas.

CFABFA41-C770-417C-AF28-8EC591FC81B1.jpeg

A517FA7B-621A-4A48-A07D-92474F9EEF0A.jpeg

22C3EA92-1737-4D1A-BB56-C5A7AE1FCC4D.jpeg

70FD44BF-A1C4-4B90-9A2D-5FDB37D9FA38.jpeg

Video after collision:

Hope you recover from this, I know it must be hard bro but trust me things will get betteršŸ™

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Yes, it sucks, big time. But be grateful that youā€™re OK and the other driver accepted fault. The car will either be fixed or replaced. If it is a total I do like the idea of a Mach 1. Or a GT500. :)
If it's anything like my area, that won't happen. A GT runs about $46K while the GT500 is stickered at $128K. Haven't seen the Mach 1 yet so not sure what it's stickered at.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
If it's anything like my area, that won't happen. A GT runs about $46K while the GT500 is stickered at $128K. Haven't seen the Mach 1 yet so not sure what it's stickered at.
Ummm, my 2020 GT500 stickered at $83k with Recaros and handling package. You would have to have a Double Golden Ticket GT500 to be stickered near $128, and I don't think they sticker that high minus ADM

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
A dealer near me has a 2021 GT500 stickered at $137k.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
First, sorry for the loss, glad you are OK. And the old lady too. That's someone's grandma.

Never take insurance advice from strangers on the Internet. Laws vary between states and you have no idea who these people are and out of which orifice they are speaking. I include myself in this warning. :frown:

Most insurance adjusters are pretty good and they will be able to give a fairly accurate estimate of costs. Added to that are the costs that the company will incur, including rental car for you and diminished value if you go that route. The latter may push you over the edge, if you want them to declare it a total loss.
Sponsored