Sponsored

Tires: Good performance in summer; still safe in the rain

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who had trouble with Nitto 555s. I'm a bit budget constrained so I replaced them with Falken Azenis FK510s and so far, no complaints. However, I don't have a lot of miles on them yet so we'll see as they wear.
Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm not sure what treadwear warranties other companies offer (if any) but if you have a square set up Michelin will warranty them for 30K miles. I went through a set in 22k miles and had them 85% discounted for the next set.
how do those mileage warranties work? how do they know you weren't doing burnouts or tracking the car lol

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
how do those mileage warranties work? how do they know you weren't doing burnouts or tracking the car lol
You basically have to show them your receipt and then send a picture of the tread. As long as they wear evenly then they will cover it. If you were doing burnouts the tread wouldn't wear evenly so they wouldn't cover it. But trust me I've had people do 12k miles of hard mountain roads and track days and they wore evenly because he had a good alignment and took care of his tire pressure. He got the next set completely free.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You basically have to show them your receipt and then send a picture of the tread. As long as they wear evenly then they will cover it. If you were doing burnouts the tread wouldn't wear evenly so they wouldn't cover it. But trust me I've had people do 12k miles of hard mountain roads and track days and they wore evenly because he had a good alignment and took care of his tire pressure. He got the next set completely free.
Wow lol, will register my set of continental extremecontact dws06 that I got with my wheels from fitmentindustries

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Nitto 555 is trash. Period.
If rain is heavy then ps4 or conti. They are both similar. I had them both on cmaro mustang and shelby. Conti gets my preference cause is cheaper and offer same results than ps4
But
If the rain is light and not standing. The fastest tire available for your purposes are
Yoko a052. Top 2.tire for grip .right behind GY 3R (but 3R CANNOT BE use in cold and rain)
A052 is faster in water than PS4 according tirerack tests.

Nankang CRS awesome tire. And not bad in light rain more size available.
If the strip or grip is what u looking for pick of of these

If heavy rain is priority then CONTI

PS.
Supercar3 are ok in light rain. In warm and dry they are in pace with cup2. (Still way Slower than a052 )
I wish Yokohama made the A052 in more sizes. Would love to run 305/30-19 square. Might go for the 295/35 but I'm wondering if that would be too small on the rear Mach 1 handling pack wheels. Maybe I'll have to go for the Nankang CRS.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I wish Yokohama made the A052 in more sizes. Would love to run 305/20-19 square. Might go for the 295/35 but I'm wondering if that would be too small on the rear Mach 1 handling pack wheels. Maybe I'll have to go for the Nankang CRS.
CRS NEW compound is really sticky and fast

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
DWS is an all-season tire. .You don't need an all season if you just need good rain performance in summer months. The

MP4S or ECS02 are good summer rain street tires.

Yokohama A052 will put those to shame for dry and wet grip until hydroplaning becomes a problem, and its not available wider than 295/35 in a R19", but they'll still crush much wider street tires.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I wish Yokohama made the A052 in more sizes. Would love to run 305/20-19 square. Might go for the 295/35 but I'm wondering if that would be too small on the rear Mach 1 handling pack wheels. Maybe I'll have to go for the Nankang CRS.
I recommend worrying zero about the 295 yoko width. It’s fast, just put it on. I run 295 on 18x11. The only trouble found is my breaking driveline components. They GRIP!

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Running 285 front / 295 rear Continentals on HP wheels, great fit.

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRS NEW compound is really sticky and fast
So not the V1 I see on Phil's Tires? I'm looking for a street tire that can be a backup track tire. I have a set of 18's I use for my primary track tires. Once my Sport Cup's wear out I'll be getting something. Any thoughts on BFG Rival 1.5s? I used to have Hankook RS4's which were OK but a little on the loud side on the road.

Running 285 front / 295 rear Continentals on HP wheels, great fit.
Good to know. Though I might just run the 295's all around. It will be like the PP2 with the same size tires all around but on different offset/width wheels. We'll see.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
So not the V1 I see on Phil's Tires? I'm looking for a street tire that can be a backup track tire. I have a set of 18's I use for my primary track tires. Once my Sport Cup's wear out I'll be getting something. Any thoughts on BFG Rival 1.5s? I used to have Hankook RS4's which were OK but a little on the loud side on the road.

Good to know. Though I might just run the 295's all around. It will be like the PP2 with the same size tires all around but on different offset/width wheels. We'll see.
CRS V1 is good. (Slighty slower than a052
V2 is really better (on pace of a052) they have it at Phil's tires

V1 can be a great option.
The 1.5 bfg are really nice tires. Fast for time trials not optimal.for.long stints.
The RS4 is a200 tw long endurance tire.
Definitely slower than the 200tw cheaters (a052 crs etc) but last forever.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRS V1 is good. (Slighty slower than a052
V2 is really better (on pace of a052) they have it at Phil's tires

V1 can be a great option.
The 1.5 bfg are really nice tires. Fast for time trials not optimal.for.long stints.
The RS4 is a200 tw long endurance tire.
Definitely slower than the 200tw cheaters (a052 crs etc) but last forever.
Always a wealth of information. Thanks Allesandro. Any thoughts on which ones are quieter on the road?

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
+1 on the recommendation for Conti DWS 06 Plus