Sponsored

Tire won't air up.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I have a front tire that was losing air. About 4 pounds a day. Inspect the tire and find nothing in it. Took the valve core out and went to put in some slime until I could get around to replace the tires. Could not get any slime to go in. Made a HUGE mess on the back side of the rim. Gave up and went to add air back in. Could not get the tire to air up. Air compressor set at 110psi to no avail. Do I have a bad tpms? I've been adding air for the last week so don't know what's going on. Any ideas?
Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Could be a bad tpms. I had the same problem with a Honda I had. Tire would lose air every time I put air in it. Why donā€™t you just take it to a tire shop and get it checked?

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Try the natural gas leak test trick: brush some liquid dish soap around valve/valve stem, around tire bead and look for bubbles

OP
OP

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Try the natural gas leak test trick: brush some liquid dish soap around valve/valve stem, around tire bead and look for bubbles
I was going to, but I took out the core and let the air out and now can't get air back in to check for leaks. I plan on taking it to a shop, but closed on Sundays.
Sponsored