Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Well, the thing is as far as i know once u have the 305 u need extended studs and spacer
I was talking about the rear tires only. That doesn’t require spacers or lugs or anything else. I will keep 265s or 275s on the front.
Your problem is tire compound, not tire width. Just get stickier tires
Im running continental extreme contact. Any suggestions on something better without going to a drag radial? I think part of the issue is it’s a 275 tire on a 10.5 inch wheel. Seems a bit stretched.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Any suggestions on something better without going to a drag radial? I think part of the issue is it’s a 275 tire on a 10.5 inch wheel. Seems a bit stretched.
you want large side-wall give for launching on a strip which a stretched tire is the antithesis of. So yeah that's the first problem and second how are you getting your tires actually hot? a burnout doesn't do diddly for getting heat into the tire except the skin. you need temp in the carcass.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I was talking about the rear tires only. That doesn’t require spacers or lugs or anything else. I will keep 265s or 275s on the front.

Im running continental extreme contact. Any suggestions on something better without going to a drag radial? I think part of the issue is it’s a 275 tire on a 10.5 inch wheel. Seems a bit stretched.
Ohhh yea that makes more sense

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Those have plenty of grip for a street tire, but they are just that....a street tire. If you want to do performance/competitive driving, you need a tire to match.

I'm not well versed in drag racing as I am with road course racing but I hear R888R's are good for drag as are the Mickey Thompson's but the MT are radials, correct?
Sponsored