Sponsored

Tire recommendations

Johnny550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hello all,

Thoroughly been enjoying my time reading through lots of threads. Good stuff.

I want to replace the stock 235/50/18 wheels/tires on my 19 GT manual. I want to go with 19x9.5 wheels. I will probably never see a race track but like spirited driving when out and about. I guess you could classify my car as a "daily driver" but I work from home so I don't rack up a ton of miles in a year. So when I take the car out I always try to have some fun...which is impossible not to with this car!

I drive almost all year round except in snowy conditions. So looking for a happy medium of decent traction and lower Michigan all-season weather. I think pretty much anything will be better than the stock Pirelli's... For my conditions, would 275's all around be a decent setup? If so, what tire recommendations would you suggest? And cost isn't a factor. Thanks so much,
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself.6728/

Welcome to the Forums. :clap:

I've been using Michelin's A/S 4 tire on 19x10s for two seasons now, to include driving in weather near 32 F / 0 C. I've always gotten great traction, in both hot and cold temps. The tires get great reviews. One to consider as an A/S.

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-all-season-4

An asymmetrical tread. The tires are marked "outside" and "inside". See a supporting Uniroyal infographic below, provided by @WD Pro previously.

Continental makes a like A/S tire which is also very well received. Owner's can post and comment on those.

Once again, welcome. :like:

tire michelin 4a:s.jpg

tire outside inside.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Everyone raves about the continental DWS, I ran Michelin as3+ and liked them a lot at stock power levels, my uncle runs the as4 on his stock 6.2 Camaro and loves them. 275 is a good choice for 9.5” rims. That’s the stock rear set up on a pp1 car.

OP
OP
Johnny550

Johnny550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Great, thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it. I put Michelin's on my wife's Lincoln last year and they are solid tires. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to go with that brand again.

From what I've researched for offset, I should be just inside the fender with a 9.5 wheel with +38 offset on a 275, right?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have the Michelin A/S4 and the Continental DWS 06 Plus on the two cars I have in Colorado; both perform well for the conditions there.

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Hello all,

I want to replace the stock 235/50/18 wheels/tires on my 19 GT manual. I want to go with 19x9.5 wheels. I will probably never see a race track but like spirited driving when out and about. I guess you could classify my car as a "daily driver" but I work from home so I don't rack up a ton of miles in a year. So when I take the car out I always try to have some fun...which is impossible not to with this car!

I drive almost all year round except in snowy conditions. So looking for a happy medium of decent traction and lower Michigan all-season weather. I think pretty much anything will be better than the stock Pirelli's... For my conditions, would 275's all around be a decent setup? If so, what tire recommendations would you suggest? And cost isn't a factor. Thanks so much,
The Michelin Sport AS 4 and the Continental DWS 06 Plus are solid choices. You cant make a bad choice. Both are in stock and available for ordering!

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Here’s a thought, since youll have two sets of wheels when you get the new ones, why not have a winter set of tires on the stock ones and some good summer tires on the new ones?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Hello all,

Hey Johnny this is Junior from N4SM, on a 19x9.5 you could go as big as a 285, but a 275 would be perfectly fine. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tire are probably the best all around tires for street performance. That is what we would recommend.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've researched for offset, I should be just inside the fender with a 9.5 wheel with +38 offset on a 275, right?
I used to have a 19x9.5 square setup with 275/40 all around, and the wheels were +33 offset. It was pretty flush in the rear and a little inside in front. +38 should work fine.

Sponsored

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Hello all,

my first set of michelins were the "AS3+"(255-40-19/275-40-19) i'm currently on michelin PS4S,which is a summer compound,the AS3'S were good and a lot of guys are going to the new pilotsport all season(AS4..?)in your area,your best bet may be an all-season,the continentials get good reviews also!

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I still have the Ford Performance Package wheels but when I first got the car, I bought another set and converted the fronts to the 9.5s as well so it was 275 squared, and then I sold the 19x9/255 set. I'm on Ford Track shocks with BMR handling springs with no issues. I do a lot of mountain driving and track days so I run a 200tw tire like the Yokohama Advan Neova AD09. But if you're not reaching grip limits of the car or overheating the front tires, then I would stick to any 275 in the 220tw-280tw summer tire category.
Sponsored