Sponsored

Tire Puncture

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I picked up a screw in the left rear today. Does anyone know for certain that the Pilot Super Sport that Tire rack caries in 305/35ZR19 is indeed the bespoke version of the PSS that Michelin/Ford developed for the GT350?

(And to save the conversation -- yes it's patchable. No I won't patch it - track day next month)
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just an option but forget the patch and go full plug patch it. They vulcanize to the tire. It ain't goin' no where. BUT, if you do want a full new tire, yes, that's the one. Search by vehicle.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Like Nastang said, have the tire fixed with a patch from the inside. Tire is still good why waste your money.
Did that in the past and never had any issues whatsoever.

geeded

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Floyd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 w/Tech package
Picked up a 3/8" drill bit rear left.... Asked the dealer how much for the tire and they beat every place I could find although that's not saying much. Hard tire to find. Had to wait a week for it to arrive from California but was pleased with the experience.

Don't know if nationwide but Ford dealers here will beat any price on tires.

Puncture was about 3 months ago and there were two available nationwide at that time!

If smaller that the huge hole I had, tire would certainly be repairable if not in the sidewall. The 350 tires aren't cheap although now I have a spare tire if an emergency occurs but the Shelby is not our only car.

Cheers

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
What did it cost?

Sponsored

sammylew34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack
Same thing happened to me. Brought it to the dealer, he said I would have to buy a new one and couldn't patch it.....$485 later.