DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Griots black satin tire shine. It sprays on, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and drive. No sling. Easily wipes off of wheels (overspray)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Picked up some VRP. Haven't tried it yet on the tires, as I have something on there now, waiting to wear off.
But I did try it on the hard tonneau cover of my truck. Wow, got rid of that sun faded look. Can't wait to use it on my car's tires, and other trim on my truck.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
This is what I use:
Crisco.jpg

It's cheap, easy to apply, and has additional uses other than just plain ole tire dressing.
Oh sure it slings a little......... alright, it slings all over the place! But that's the beauty of this stuff; it slings onto the brake rotors and in heavy braking situations, I swear you can smell french fries cooking.......... it's glorious I tell ya!

CRISCO DISCLAIMER
April Fools...!!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Believe it or not, in the '60's, we used to use keosene, tar, and a brush? :)

The next commercial products that came out were nothing more than black shoe polish but they certainly worked better than tar. :-)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Believe it or not, in the '60's, we used to use keosene, tar, and a brush? :)

The next commercial products that came out were nothing more than black shoe polish but they certainly worked better than tar. :-)
Kerosene was an AIO. Earl sheib would paint your car orange primer for $10 IIRC. Then rub on some kerosene when you wanted some shine.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Had quite a few Earl locations in Akron, Oh High Yo were I grew up, HD. Remember those paint jobs very well. Smart guy, too cuz most people didn't keep the car long enough for the mistakes to show. :-) AND, he did have some good painters AND, IIRC, it was enamel, too.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Had quite a few Earl locations in Akron, Oh High Yo were I grew up, HD. Remember those paint jobs very well. Smart guy, too cuz most people didn't keep the car long enough for the mistakes to show. :-) AND, he did have some good painters AND, IIRC, it was enamel, too.
Yep. Enamel. And laid on thick. Since full paint job was only $29.99, had a friend who changed the color of his car about as often as I changed socks. Had to have eventually added hundreds of pounds to the car.

Jomama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I like using good ol' Armour-All original protectant. It doesn't sling and also doesn't have that nasty buildup like many of the other tire dressings have. Just wipe it on with a sponge and dry it with a terry towel. Simple!

OP
OP
Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Like I stated a few posts back, I purchased Chemical Guys VRP, but am waiting until what I presently have wears off.
And that product is Street Legal tire shine. I know nothing about it, other than when I brought my car to a detailer back in Dec for a wash, this is what they used. I drove the car for about a week, with no sling at all, then covered it up for the winter until March. It sat outside the whole time through rains and heavy snows, with part of the tires exposed. When I finally drove the car again in March, the tires were still shiny and slick, even after another wash. I picked up a can from the detailer after that. Washed the car about a week ago, and applied it. So far it's still looking good, and absolutely no sling. As for staying on through rain, I used it on my truck's tires, and it's held out during rainy driving. For a product that you simply spray on, and then wait 2-3 minutes to dry, I can't complain.

20210404_202900[1].jpg

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
CG VRP for a rich natural finish available at Walmart along with CG Tirekicker which seems like VRP but thinner
For high gloss I have also used Cover All by Superior Products but recently changed to Cristal Untouchable tire shine which has been great for me. $4.99 at Advanced Auto
I no longer use Cover All...
67A2D36F-2176-458D-8E9C-EB7C915C146B.jpeg
Hmm, interesting. I really like Cover All but may give this a try next time I buy, Cover All is $9.99 a bottle where I buy. Thanks.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I washed my DD'er this weekend. It had CG VRP on it from a month or so ago. As I cleaned my rims, the tires were still in great shape. Often times I don't even re-dress them. The water beads off and I just leave them alone until next time. I touched them up anyway since this was only my second wash since winter road salt.

Then I went over to the GT350 and gave it another coat just so it wouldn't get jealous. ;-) Yea, this stuff is very good. The finish it leaves behind is just so natural and really lasts a long time.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I’ve been using OG Tire Dressing since they started putting it in bottles, it’s good stuff - but I found myself going back to Perl this month.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I just got an email that CG is having a sale. I checked and the VRP is 20% off.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 160240.jpg
Sponsored