Tire Dressings-which ones?

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Looking for a good tire shine/dressing that won't fling off, and will last for awhile. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Tire dressing is probably my most favorite detailing tasks. As such I have tried numerous products over the years. I always preferred products that were non-water based because they lasted longer and had more gloss. The trade off was slinging, and as I have matured, I prefer a satin sheen.

I now use water based products. And as I love the process, I don't mind applying them more often.

I have had decent results with CarPro Perl and Gyeon Q2M Tire Express. Both are water based and I have never noticed sling from these. Perl can be diluted to give as much or as little shine as you like. Gyeon is more durable than Perl though.

feb2127.jpg

jul2812.jpg

My absolute favorite tire dressing by a significant margin is NV Onyx.

feb2194.jpg

https://nvcarcareusa.com/collection...nv-onyx-satin-tyre-gel?variant=31438062092333

If you can get hold of some of this in the US, you will not regret it! Getting a smooth and even coat with this product so easy, it lasts for weeks and gives a satin finish. And it smells amazing!

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm a big fan of Cover All, I've tried many different brands over the years. The reason I like Cover All the best is because it's quite shiny, last for a while and sprays a very fine mist which I think is why it doesn't sling all over the car. It's a little hard to find, but both O'reilly and Auto Zone carry it down here in Florida. Of course you can find online too.

1616587110797.png

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I second DFB's recommendation of CarPro Perl...nothing better, IMHO...but it's expensive. For all but the Mustang, I use Chemical Guys Tire Shine. Not QUITE as good a result as Perl but close.

I don't like wet and shiny and both of these products buff off extremely well. If you want the look of a brand new perfectly cleaned tire and not one smeared with Armor-All, either of these will give you that result.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I like Chemical Guys V.R.P. Great on tires, doesn't sling, just the right amount of shine, use it on anything vinyl, rubber, or plastic. Hence the name.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I use Armor All Car Tire and Wheel Shine Gel. Cheap, easy to apply and doesn't sling.

Sponsored

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
Chemical Guys VRP for me. I do all my vinyl, plastics and rubber with it. Last a decent time and doesn't sling. Only thing I would say is be careful on plastic with morning dew if you park outside, it can cause streaks.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I second DFB's recommendation of CarPro Perl...nothing better, IMHO...but it's expensive. For all but the Mustang, I use Chemical Guys Tire Shine. Not QUITE as good a result as Perl but close.

I don't like wet and shiny and both of these products buff off extremely well. If you want the look of a brand new perfectly cleaned tire and not one smeared with Armor-All, either of these will give you that result.
I would add that the expense of Perl can be somewhat offset when you dilute it, doing so will produce a matte finish. I use straight out of the bottle for a little bit more shine.
Sponsored