Sponsored

Tire balance after track events?

Scat550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Should I get my tires balanced following track events? Ran the Roval in Charlotte yesterday and I believe (may be in my head) I feel slight vibrations at speeds in excess of 62mph. Thoughts...:shrug:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Scat550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
By the Way. P Zero Neros suck A**. Rears broke free and I ran off into the grass on a turn in.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
By the Way. P Zero Neros suck A**. Rears broke free and I ran off into the grass on a turn in.
They're a skinny, average all-season tire on a heavy, powerful car...did you expect much different?

You say you have the PP. If that's the case those are just P-Zeros, not the Nero tire.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
IMO the vibration you get is from tire rubber buildup inside the rims and rubber that piles up on the tread. A few hundred miles of driving can flatten the tread even again.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's amazing how big those chunks of OPR (Other Peoples' Rubber) can sometimes be. And the places they can find their way into.

Norm

OP
OP

Scat550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks gents, I added the P Zeros Nero's as an aftermarket tire for tread life (mistake). I went forward with the balance and was informed one of my front tires had a road force of 29 and the other 20. had them rotated from side to side and while there is still some vibration it feels like its getting better over time.
Sponsored