Sponsored

tips to find a gt 500?

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
Any tips on how to find a gt 500, anything besides cars.com or autotrader? went through 2 dealers that said they could get me one ordered neither came through. At this point I am only willing to go 5k over. I want a base model. ok with a few different colors.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just like Rick said, it’s not gonna be easy trying to get the price you want. Just go to ford.com and do a search. I see you’re in California. I’m down in Anaheim and I searched within 100 miles of my house and it found 52 GT500s. Then you just start calling.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
#1 tip. Get your checkbook out. Time is money. You can spend a lot of time trying to find the best deal possible or just go get one. Good luck with your search. $5k over is very doable.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Any tips on how to find a gt 500, anything besides cars.com or autotrader? went through 2 dealers that said they could get me one ordered neither came through. At this point I am only willing to go 5k over. I want a base model. ok with a few different colors.
Don’t shop California Midwest or the South you will find something at 5000 adm. You will not be disappointed trust me on that

Sponsored

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Auto Trader (most complete results), Cargurus, EBay, Craigslist, Cars.com, Edmunds all have many of the same listings but not all the same. Using the Ford search and modifying the search URL to 500 mi is another way. Although, you can’t be sure the results are accurate compared to what is on the ground. Use Auto Tempest to aggregate all your search results (doesn’t seem like that many people know about auto tempest yet unless your in the Gen z crowd)

If you have to have new, it’s that much harder.

I ultimately found what I wanted “used”. Exact spec, local, had the owners kit and everything plus jacking rails installed, and JLT rock blockers. Barely driven. Took 6 mo. of looking to find the spec.

There is plenty of used inventory but prices are still going to be “high”. I paid over…you might even say quite a lot over…MSRP for a used 2021 CFTP w/POTS (although the 2022 msrp increases inflated most of it away) But it was perfect, local and most importantly, it actually existed. It depends on how picky you are.

The most painful way is old school phone calls using a Ford dealer map and elbow grease. I had some really weird conversations I never expected to have given the money I was trying to spend. Some dealers almost sounded panicky and started demanding 25k deposits…I thought I was talking them off a ledge.

Last edited:

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I used the Ford site and just plugged in zip codes in major cities further and further away until I found one.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I see you're in Sac, I might be listing mine for sale soon, need to do a proper listing:

2021 base, 3850 miles
Tech, handling, Recaros, CF dash
Full PPF front end, 5 year ceramic coating
Steeda IRS alignment dowels, IRS braces, IRS bushings, front subframe brace
Automotive Authority spare, jack kit
Owners kit, OEM cover, original sticker, etc

7NHK4KK.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
Thanks guys, I had not been able to find the ford locator before and finally found it after digging some more, It only covers 100 miles from the zip, so its a little difficult that way.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, I had not been able to find the ford locator before and finally found it after digging some more, It only covers 100 miles from the zip, so its a little difficult that way.
There is a trick to extending the Ford locator out farther, maybe someone can help find that thread. Also Car Guru has a nationwide locator, it also can sort by price and closest to home. In Car Guru after you sort to the vehicle you can then go nationwide.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Just searched, 407 choices on Car Guru nationwide. Sort for GT500 100 mile radius then hit the drop down again and nationwide will be a choice.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Look for used.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
After you’ve executed the 100 mile search look at the url string. Change the “100” to “500” and hit enter. Voila.
Sponsored