Sponsored

Tips on how to control yourself when people try to race you?

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Most everyone in a newish or even oldish Mustangs experience this shit. Lots of ricers like to try to rev up and see if you'll take bait. One of my Mustang bro's told me when I brought MRTWSTR home that people will be straight up weird around your Stang, even brake checking you. For me I'm well into my first good season tracking my GT. Being able to experience the thrill of driving the GT the way Ford Engineers designed it to run is enough to allow me to cruise at or near the posted limits and let the douche bags blow on by. Maybe everyone can't afford to go to the track 4 to 8 times a year but just doing it once might give you the memory of how this baby goes unfettered by speed limits. Helps doing the mundane street drives without needing to hit it hard.

Also doing some nice country cruises with a "little" boost here and there gets it out of the system.
Saw your car today on my way home from Indy. Really nice!
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Saw your car today on my way home from Indy. Really nice!
Dude! If you saw me I was on my way home from the TRACK! Just spent the weekend at Putnam Park Road Course with a great bunch of folks!

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Dude! If you saw me I was on my way home from the TRACK! Just spent the weekend at Putnam Park Road Course with a great bunch of folks!
Actuallly I saw Mrtwstr at Putnam. We took the scenic route and I happened to see the sign, so of course I had to check it out. I thought another member may have been there, but he and I caught up via phone later. Saw your car, but no one was around it, otherwise would have introduced myself. You guys are lucky to have a place like Putnam right there!

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Actuallly I saw Mrtwstr at Putnam. We took the scenic route and I happened to see the sign, so of course I had to check it out. I thought another member may have been there, but he and I caught up via phone later. Saw your car, but no one was around it, otherwise would have introduced myself. You guys are lucky to have a place like Putnam right there!
Oh dang! Sorry we missed connections. The folks there are such a friendly crowd I might of been over under another shade tent jawboning with some neighbors, maybe after "hydrating" so much in the men's club or riding with my instructor who drives a Boss 302S (look that up!). LOL. Yes I count myself very lucky to have this so close, and such a forgiving track with so many runoff areas.

IMG_7289.jpg

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I just turn and wave like a maniac (you know like you're on a WW2-era steam liner leaving the port of NY). I wish I knew what @EmCel does but nobody can see inside the cabin thru that tint...
I need my privacy :giggle: never let them know your next move :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Driving home this weekend after some time in the mountains, a '68 302 ends up next to me and the missus. He squirts out fast a couple of times, but I'm not taking the bait - so we just listen to each others' engines for a bit and go our separate ways. I don't have anything to prove to anybody.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
How do you kill the speed limiter??

Nick
PCM needs to be tuned. It's also recommended to replace the factory 2 piece driveshaft (which is for crash safety) with a solid 1 piece unit if you want to take it above the factory limiter more than once.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Speak softly and carry the big power to spank once then roll out with a peec thrown up or.... Buy this and tell them off in your rear window like me.

KJOY Bluetooth App Control LED Sign, 14.6''x3.6'' Flexible USB 5V LED Car Signs Programmable LED Sign Custom Text Pattern Animation Scrolling LED Display for Car Store Party Bar Hotel Concert https://a.co/d/dhM0tkK

My default message is "700 WHP how about you?"

I took it out recently because I triggered too many souls.

Sponsored

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 Mustang GT PP1
I have owned my mustang for 2 years now. Never has any of this happened to me. No one revs their engine, tries to race me or anything. I get cut off of course, just like anyone else but it isn't related to what I am driving (that I know of). Maybe it's cuz I am an old man? (52 yrs).
Sponsored