Sponsored

TINTING windows?!????... how do you stop window from going up to seal that 1/4 inch...

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on tinting the windows on stang soon. Just wondering how do you prevent the front windows from sliding up that 1/4 inch when u initially close your doors? I know your not supposed to open windows for 3 to 5 days to allow tinting to dry and don't want the windows ripping tint off.. I never had a car w this issue...

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Pull windows down slightly and leave in that position . Just leave car in sun for the day. That will speed up adhesion

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on tinting the windows on stang soon. Just wondering how do you prevent the front windows from sliding up that 1/4 inch when u initially close your doors? I know your not supposed to open windows for 3 to 5 days to allow tinting to dry and don't want the windows ripping tint off.. I never had a car w this issue...

Thanks Anthony
My tint guy used a heat gun to speed up the adhesion process in that area, when I asked him why he said so it doesnt move or peel when the door opens or closes. 16 months without any issues.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My tint guy used a heat gun to speed up the adhesion process in that area, when I asked him why he said so it doesnt move or peel when the door opens or closes. 16 months without any issues.
Ding ding.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Its not a problem

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Going on 2 years, no issues with tint peeling here. Admittedly I can't wholly recall, but I don't remember doing anything special for the windows. Just told not to roll em down.

Installer may have done the heat gun trick Soulja mentioned. It's been long enough I can't recall. :giggle:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hi Guys,

Thanks Anthony
I don't know if my tint guy used a heat gun but, no issues at all

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Pull windows down slightly and leave in that position . Just leave car in sun for the day. That will speed up adhesion
I'm talking about how the window opens up and down, 1/4 inch on its own to seal door properly on 2018-2022s cars.. they say, don't open windows for 3 to 5 days, but the window glass opens slightly everytime u open and close the door. Do u understabd? How do we stop the glass from moving up and down while tint dries?

Thanks Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
What year is your stang? Mine is a 2021 and when u open door, the window moves up and down 1/4-1/2 inch to seal properly automatically. If you have fresh tint on and not supposed to open windows, how do you stop that feature from happening?

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, it is not an issue.
So, automatic window glass movement 1/4-1/2 inch up and down to seal window with newly applied fresh tint isn't affected by that movement?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Most tints are fully adhered within 4-6 hours in reality. This isn’t the 80’s anymore.

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
What year is your stang? Mine is a 2021 and when u open door, the window moves up and down 1/4-1/2 inch to seal properly automatically. If you have fresh tint on and not supposed to open windows, how do you stop that feature from happening?
Every S550does that when the door is opened and closed. The only way you avoid it is you’ll have to put the window down at least once so it doesn’t move again.

I just got my windows tinted (tinted over existing tint to boot) and had no issues. I literally put the windows down right after they pulled it out front from the shop lol. I did leave my car in the 110 degrees sun for the rest of the day to help it cure faster.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
All S550 coupes have this window down feature. It's prevent damage to your weather sealing. If your tint is applied properly you do not need to worry about the film pulling off. Mine is 3 1/2 years old and no issues. The warning is precautionary against improper installation.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Going on 2 years, no issues with tint peeling here. Admittedly I can't wholly recall, but I don't remember doing anything special for the windows. Just told not to roll em down.

Installer may have done the heat gun trick Soulja mentioned. It's been long enough I can't recall. :giggle:
The tint installer specifically states don't roll windows down for 3 to 5 days after tinting...
But, our cars w frame less windows have this auto movement sealing feature that moves windows up and down when opening the door.
How will the tint guy stop that movement from happening? Maybe pull the fuse? So the windows don't move at all.
Sponsored