Time to say farewell

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Hi all, I had no intention of changing my car for a while but I managed to secure a good deal on a brand new car so I went ahead and ordered it in December and I pick her up on Monday.

I'll stick around on the forum if you need any support with mods or general chit chat

This forum has been great for making new friends and the wealth of knowledge is fantastic.

I bought myself a Toyota Supra, I hope I have as much fun as I've had in the mustang, I'll be sad to see her go but it's time to move on.

20220322_125516.jpg
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Congrats on the new motor Greg, excellent choice! I'm a fan of the Supra.

Sorry to see the Stang go as always, but I'm sure it'll find a good home. Did you px it?

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new motor Greg, excellent choice! I'm a fan of the Supra.

Sorry to see the Stang go as always, but I'm sure it'll find a good home. Did you px it?
Thanks mate yeah px'd it as i got a good deal in the end and I thought I should make the most of the crazy prices.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Grats and farewell :handshake:

More details on the new car please :like:
:fistbump::thumbsup:

I ordered it in tungsten silver, i didnt want the bright colours red or yellow, ive had a black car and a grey car (current) so only option was white or silver, i got a white family car and ive never had silver so thats my colour decision process :cwl:

It's the 3.0l Pro, it has bmw b58 6cyl, yes its based on the bmw z4 but imo its not a bad thing 335bhp but they've been dynod with about 380/400 whp stock, 4.3 0-60 on paper so not bad specs plus it's 400kgs lighter than the mustang. 8 speed auto

I ordered it in December and I feel quite lucky I've managed to get mine so soon original delivery was August/September time.

It's built in Austria alongside other bmw and land-rover models.

I pick her up on Monday so I'll post more detailed pics then :like: that photo is from the dealer.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't mind a Supra, what are the build times and prices like ? 🤔

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'm a lucky one mine has come quick but with Ukraine n chip shortage I was originally quotes August

I think there's a 6-9month wait time

The Apr is good 1.9% over 4 years or 0% over 2

And dealer contributes 2k towards deposit

Depends on your personal circumstances but I'm paying 330pm

The 3l Pro is 56k fully loaded no options to choose from other than colour

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wow, stunning! Silver gets a bad rep as a colour choice, but I think it's the most underrated, just looks so sharp.

Congrats again. Now get out and get some miles on it, before the weather changes :crackup:

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Wow, stunning! Silver gets a bad rep as a colour choice, but I think it's the most underrated, just looks so sharp.

Congrats again. Now get out and get some miles on it, before the weather changes :crackup:
Haha damn straight driving to the office tomorrow a nice 30m drive

Yeah it's absolutely stunning the photos don't do it justice

Thanks for the compliments the question is have I swayed you to a supra :cwl:

Sponsored

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
Looks great, congratulations! Interesting that you went for the Supra. I sold my 30 month old MX-5 last September for almost what I paid for it and once the money was in the bank I went straight into my local BMW dealer and ordered a new fully-loaded Z4 M40i - I wanted another soft top.

I have no intention of selling my S550 anytime soon though.

As you identify the Z4 and Supra have pretty much the same underpinnings, both made in Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr.

The Z4 took 21 weeks from deposit to collection and is only lacking the wireless charging option, others ordering at the same time have not been so lucky.

I'm sure that you'll agree with me that the B58 straight six is a beaut - happy motoring!

Z4 M40i front ns.jpg

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Looks great, congratulations! Interesting that you went for the Supra. I sold my 30 month old MX-5 last September for almost what I paid for it and once the money was in the bank I went straight into my local BMW dealer and ordered a new fully-loaded Z4 M40i - I wanted another soft top.

I have no intention of selling my S550 anytime soon though.

As you identify the Z4 and Supra have pretty much the same underpinnings, both made in Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr.

The Z4 took 21 weeks from deposit to collection and is only lacking the wireless charging option, others ordering at the same time have not been so lucky.

I'm sure that you'll agree with me that the B58 straight six is a beaut - happy motoring!

Z4 M40i front ns.jpg
Yeah they're pretty much the same car but with a supra style body

I think the supra gets bad rep as you get it fully kitted out as standard.

Only thing which is a bummer is that you get id7 I get id6 but not a deal breaker

That's a nice colour though you've got and the b58 is very bmw sounding which is nice, I am however going to get the exhaust modified to make it louder as its quiet compared to the mustang with roush ABs haha

I heard on the supra forum that the bmw plants have had to shut down due to the war :(

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for the compliments the question is have I swayed you to a supra :cwl:
Ha! Well, it sure would be high on the list of alternatives if I decided no more Mustang. The new 2023 Ford Ranger is my next pipe dream though :sunglasses:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not really a silver fan but it does look nice :like:

Are those gifts from Toyota, Ford literally through the keys at me and said your cars out there somewhere ?

I did have a sneaky look on Toyota's website but there didn't seem to be much more than choose your engine and your colour 🤷‍♂️

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Congrats enjoy. When I bought the gt it was close to get the supra. both awesome cars
Sponsored