Sponsored

Time to replace the pads on my Brembo brakes

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The dealership wants to charge near $400 for the front only. This is for parts, labor and rotor resurfacing, but the bulk is for pads as the regular service would be $180 for the front. Do I have any other options?
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
A dealer will always rape you on things like this....$400 is like a double gang rape.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
$400 for the front given the cost of pads for these cars isn't all that bad.

The process literally requires 1 13mm socket, a ratchet wrench, a hammer, and a small dowel punch. Obviously after safely jacking the car up and taking off the wheel.

If you're anywhere near Steeda down in Florida, they can do it.

Get G-LOC brake pads from OPMustang.com, not the stockers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

The process literally requires 1 13mm socket, a ratchet wrench, a hammer, and a small dowel punch. Obviously after safely jacking the car up and taking off the wheel.

Yeah, I live 3 miles away from them, but every time I have tried to use them they are booked so far ahead in advance that I have to wait a really long time before they can get to me. Off course, that is not their problem. :D

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
If you don't have a problem with the stock pads, pay the 400 bucks and be done with it. Those are expensive pads, so the total installed cost isn't going to be cheap.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Clear indicator to not go to a dealer for service but you can try again and I'll check in on you later to see what other low grade burn you try and play. again.
Again? I don't know you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Thanks again for this tip. I think what I am going to end up doing is just get the pads from Steeda and see if a friend can help me do the install (let me do it in his garage). I know is not that hard and I think I have all the tools required for the job but I don't have a place to do it.

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Follow up question. Do I really need to do the rotor work? How can I tell if I need to have them polished? This will be my first pad replacement on the Mustang. Also, the quote included cutting/polishing the rotors, still too expensive or fair price?

OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
If you don't have a problem with the stock pads, pay the 400 bucks and be done with it. Those are expensive pads, so the total installed cost isn't going to be cheap.
In speaking with Steeda they told me the the rear brakes are the same as the non PP factory brakes, not Brembo like the fronts. Is this accurate?

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
In speaking with Steeda they told me the the rear brakes are the same as the non PP factory brakes, not Brembo like the fronts. Is this accurate?
From what I have read and looked at this is correct if you have the performance package only the fronts are upgraded to the 6 piston Brembo brakes