Time to be Nascar level loud again

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Wrong my 63 impala at 3200 pounds would kill any stock weight S550 mustang.

Rockfalls Wi IIRC 11.5 @117, with me shifting. An auto might be faster.

There is a lot of shit info thrown around due to the manufacturers down grading HP numbers to keep insurance rates reasonable.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

There is a lot of shit info thrown around due to the manufacturers down grading HP numbers to keep insurance rates reasonable.
Have you ever dyno'd it?

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
:facepalm:

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

That wasn't a stock 409, they simply don't go 117 in the quarter stock.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It was 100% stock. It was the factory dual 4bbl model.

OK sorry it had headers and was tuned.

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
It was 100% stock. It was the factory dual 4bbl model.

OK sorry it had headers and was tuned.
It wasn't even close to stock. Those cars stock trapped 103ish. I've seen them with a slick go 13.4, on a normal street tire I've seen them go 14.2. Either you're sandbagging or lying. Don't really care which one. I've been around that community for about 15 years now, restored a couple of them, one was a dual quad 409 in a 63 convertible, the other was a dual quad 409 in a 63 Biscayne. The Biscayne weighs less than a Impala, had slicks and went [email protected].

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You are the expert.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
There's a kid who's probably not older than 17-18 running around these parts with a black 18+ 5.0 with nothing but straight pipes. My exhaust is loud then goes extremely loud with my catless lead pipes. This guy was on another level above that and man it sounded completely awful. Nothing but a raspy nightmare that made you want to roll your windows up. It hurt just listening to how bad it was.

Being as loud as possible on the streets is probably not the greatest idea. I do love a really loud exhaust but it needs to still have tone and sound good to the ears. There's a right way and a wrong way to do loud.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
There's a kid who's probably not older than 17-18 running around these parts with a black 18+ 5.0 with nothing but straight pipes. My exhaust is loud then goes extremely loud with my catless lead pipes. This guy was on another level above that and man it sounded completely awful. Nothing but a raspy nightmare that made you want to roll your windows up. It hurt just listening to how bad it was.

Being as loud as possible on the streets is probably not the greatest idea. I do love a really loud exhaust but it needs to still have tone and sound good to the ears. There's a right way and a wrong way to do loud.
We have one if those guys around here. He has a sticker on the back that says "never too loud" not exactly sure what he has for an exhaust, but it makes my AWE seem quiet. His is just noise, though.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Can't help you with the H pipe but I went the opposite way. Straight through and quiet as a mouse. I can hot rod and get no attention from LE.
Care to share your quiet exhaust option???

Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
so a friend of mine and i played around swapping some stuff around on our cars, mine is kooks headers, high flow cats and corsa extreme double h pipe and it sounds good at idle and gets loud af when ya get on it with not much rasp i think its just about perfect, his is long tubes no cats double helix and corsa sports and its a lil louder than mine at idle and still gets loud af when on it, the sports on my set up were just a bit to quiet for me in the idle and low range and his with the extreme was very loud at idle and low ranges, not sure if any of this helped but theres my thoughts!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Very loud pipes on the street goes very well with acne and a still-developing brain and show a complete lack of respect for other people
It also has been scientifically proved that there is a direct inverse proportionality between the loudness of the exhaust and the size of the driver male genitalia

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've been running around catless and with a Krona catback for a while and really enjoy the loudness. Recently put back on my catted lead pipes for giggles and I feel like it made it too quiet. Well, quiet until about 5k rpm at least. It's a very manageable setup for someone that wants a moderate tone with headers that is very reasonable down load but can scream when you want it to.

The occasional loud pops from the E85 tune don't quite sound like a gunshot with the cats present.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Very loud pipes on the street goes very well with acne and a still-developing brain and show a complete lack of respect for other people
It also has been scientifically proved that there is a direct inverse proportionality between the loudness of the exhaust and the size of the driver male genitalia
I prefer the stealth factor of a quieter exhaust myself, because....

barrow.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the stealth factor of a quieter exhaust myself
Yeah me too. You can have an excellent flowing exhaust and be relatively quite, which I love. With my zero cell count kittys, h-pipe, & SLP Loudmouth II axle backs, It sounds exactly like a 1965 306hp/289cid GT350 Mustang. Perfect.

Here's something: I know this clown. Cops finally gave him a 'fix it' order. All said about him is true. Peeps with ear crushing exhausts tend to be douchebags.
Sponsored

Last edited: