Tiger Woods Car Crash Was in a Genesis GV80

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Well that doesn't look good for genesis. They were sponsoring the event and he was driving their flagship model that has tons of safety features and get into a single vehicle accident and damn near loses his legs in the process.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Natural response is to straighten the legs which is the problem. I have been told that is one of the reasons why many race car drivers sit close enough so they can't do that. Hopefully he can recover and play decent golf again.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well that doesn't look good for genesis. They were sponsoring the event and he was driving their flagship model that has tons of safety features and get into a single vehicle accident and damn near loses his legs in the process.
Actually they are saying the car probably saved his life. There were no charges filed and it is being listed as an accident.

Last edited:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
So he wasn't on prescription pills like his time? Or they haven't concluded that yet?

I'd like to give him benefit of the doubt but the road he was on was pretty straight and wide I have to wonder how he lost control and crossed the center median and rolled the thing.

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
So he wasn't on prescription pills like his time? Or they haven't concluded that yet?

I'd like to give him benefit of the doubt but the road he was on was pretty straight and wide I have to wonder how he lost control and crossed the center median and rolled the thing.
I believe they are still determining that. He wasn't under the influence of alcohol though. He just had surgery before the accident so unfortunately he might have been on pain killers again. Hope he recovers.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
He didn't have life-threatening inquiries. Like you said he only had injuries to his leg. No injuries to his back or arms, or head.

That is very impressive I will say, considering that the guy did multiple barrel rolls off the road, and literally just had surgery on his back. I don't know how his back wasn't injured or he how he didn't get a concussion.

I feel like with modern cars you would be able to survive a crash like that. Whether you can walk afterwards or be not on life support is a different story.

The real question is how did the lane keep assist work

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Tiger really needs to let someone else do the driving. "James, fetch the Bentley please..."

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
He can drive a golf ball 500 yards but he can't drive a Gv-80 in a straight line..what gives? Waiting for the full investigation results...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The latest update mostly stated that "excessive speed" was involved.

But the TV reporting of it amounted to a hatchet job on Tiger, suggesting that his speed was intentionally 80+ in a 45 zone.

Deeper into the report it was stated that no braking was detected and that 99% throttle was being commanded. That absolutely points to "pedal mis-application', where Tiger truly believed that his foot was actually on the brake.

The text of the update ( Tiger Woods update: SUV crash was caused by speed and an inability to negotiate a curve, Los Angeles County sheriff says - CNN ) says the same thing, but that's not how the information was presented to the TVV audience. Tiger may not be the best driver, but he does deserve better treatment than what he got.

Norm

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The latest update mostly stated that "excessive speed" was involved.

But the TV reporting of it amounted to a hatchet job on Tiger, suggesting that his speed was intentionally 80+ in a 45 zone.

Deeper into the report it was stated that no braking was detected and that 99% throttle was being commanded. That absolutely points to "pedal mis-application', where Tiger truly believed that his foot was actually on the brake.

The text of the update ( Tiger Woods update: SUV crash was caused by speed and an inability to negotiate a curve, Los Angeles County sheriff says - CNN ) says the same thing, but that's not how the information was presented to the TVV audience. Tiger may not be the best driver, but he does deserve better treatment than what he got.

Norm
Norm, maybe if he had dropped his computer off to be repaired, slept with a hooker and got her preggo, turned in a rental with lines of coke on the dash, lied on a federal firearms questionnaire AND slept with his dead brother’s wife.............. then forgot it all.... maybe then he’d deserve better. :yawn:

Last edited:

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Perhaps he fell asleep ? If he was on pain killers .
Has happened to many people including Myself.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
hat no braking was detected and that 99% throttle was being commanded. That absolutely points to "pedal mis-application', where Tiger truly believed that his foot was actually on the brake.
It's less reckless than intentional 85 mph but if he (for whatever reason) misapplies the pedal, then he simply shouldn't be driving. He is not 90 years old to do that (not that this should be an excuse). Innocent people die from pedals being misapplied. We need to stop treating celebrities differently than regular people.
Sponsored