Sponsored

Ticking/tapping Sequence of Events at dealer

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Trying to get an understanding of what is normal on how dealers/ford take care of warranty work, if you had the tick and it was addressed, post the steps that happened..

Ie; Went to dealer, they looked at car and diagnosed X amount of days later, kept for 3 weeks and fixed OR told to come back in a week to address the issue or something else..

Had an interesting conversation with the regional manager today on the phone.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
So did you engine go bye bye? Failure? Or just cold start tick? Multiple stangman threads...

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
So did you engine go bye bye? Failure? Or just cold start tick? Multiple stangman threads...
Damage/Noise from cyclinder 6 metal shavings in oil, currently waiting on Ford. Not when cold, all while hot and follows RPM, gets worse with RPM

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Damage/Noise from cyclinder 6 metal shavings in oil, currently waiting on Ford. Not when cold, all while hot and follows RPM, gets worse with RPM
So you don’t have the tick. Just noise/damage when hot and rpm based. Sounds like they are obviously two different things.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I would say there is a big difference between what most people have at cold start is a light “old school” typewriter tick that goes away once warm and a BarBQue ignitor tick that is continous with RPM (parts failure). Everybody is getting the 2 mixed up IMO...

Sponsored

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I would say there is a big difference between what most people have at cold start is a light “old school” typewriter tick that goes away once warm and a BarBQue ignitor tick that is continous with RPM (parts failure). Everybody is getting the 2 mixed up IMO...
Yeah its there sometimes on cold start - always when hot and always under RPM..

Mine goes away completely when I shut the engine off. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
So you don’t have the tick. Just noise/damage when hot and rpm based. Sounds like they are obviously two different things.
It's 2 different symptoms tied to the same issue.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yeah its there sometimes on cold start - always when hot and always under RPM..

Mine goes away completely when I shut the engine off. :thumbsup:
Well that sucks big time. That is a broken wrist pin/skirt/ring if you have cylinder scoring and metal shavings. Hope you get that sorted out. However, I think that cold start stuff may not be something Ford is going to fix unfortunately. Again, I’m used to BBC stuff with forged slugs that rattle until warmed up.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Well that sucks big time. That is a broken wrist pin/skirt/ring if you have cylinder scoring and metal shavings. Hope you get that sorted out. However, I think that cold start stuff may not be something Ford is going to fix unfortunately. Again, I’m used to BBC stuff with forged slugs that rattle until warmed up.
If it went away after warming up wouldn't care, but it initially was just that, only on cold start, and progressed from there.

Emailed the GM tonight, the events that have happened so far is just not acceptable and told him to buy this back or replace the engine - their choice.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The BBQ tick is the "typewriter" tick, and can happen cold or hot, and is random, it does not follow engine RPM.

The 2018+ also can have the 2000~2200 RPM "rattle".

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
The BBQ tick is the "typewriter" tick, and can happen cold or hot, and is random, it does not follow engine RPM.

The 2018+ also can have the 2000~2200 RPM "rattle".
Then stangman has something more serious than just the cold start tapping that goes away once warm. Something is more than likely broke. His follows rpm...

It yall go back to the gen1 platform (vids) bbq ignitor tick is way louder than this 18 plus cold start stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Wrote the general manager a very lengthy email last night pointing out each lie I was told, including all dates of communication and what was said. SM called me today and said they are trying to get an engineer out to dealership as 2 other GT have this issue and ford is really trying to get away with telling people normal.

I'm not sure how some guys are getting engines replaced with ease and many of us ford is trying to blow off. This doesnt add up.

Any case I told dealer I am thinking of cancelling extended warranty as it has no value if ford is not fixing issues. He agreed.

Said I can drop off car tomorrow and get a loaner and rather ford fixes it or we they'll let it hit the 30 day lemon law mark and request buy back. One of the 2 would be only outcome.

Cant believe ford is trying to get over. Sad.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I heard rumor that motor replacements are being pushed out to 4-6 months due to availability. Better just call you Camaro-man from here on out. Lol.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I heard rumor that motor replacements are being pushed out to 4-6 months due to availability. Better just call you Camaro-man from here on out. Lol.
No no no, I'm on the fence if to ever buy another american car again after this. Seriously..left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Still curious how other got block replacements with seemingly ease though..

Imagine you bought lets say a 1000 dollar MAC computer, 3 months later you have an issue with it, take it in to get fixed, warranty work, get a call 5 days later to pick it up, they confirm there is an issue give you it back and says we'll be in touch..

Now multiply the price by 40...

Can only imagine how pissed most would be over a 1k laptop..
Sponsored