Ticking, but NOT from the engine.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
Hey guys. So my 2020 GTCS Vert has this can't miss annoying as hell ticking coming from where the drivers window meets the Top, right before the window starts to curve downward. Doesn't matter if the window is up or down. If the top is up, the vibration of the car drives the ticking sound. If I press on the piece I can get it to stop, but can't figure out what I can do to fix it.

Anyone experience this?
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I have not had this experience. Are you pressing on the plastic trim piece that covers the top frame at that point? Or the trim on the pillar? Video or a picture might help us out.

OP
OP

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Here's a couple pics. Will try to get some video later. It's maddening. Lol
20201024_103831.jpg
20201024_103744.jpg

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Ohhhhh yeah. I found that spraying some Wd-40 SILICONE (caps for attention) in the window channels and a very very very slim line on the top of the window glass itself has helped to quiet down the top in general. The fit and finish of the mating surfaces isn't the best, and the glass actually moves around in the channel. When the window is dropped, the plastic pieces rub against each other. I spray it down usually once a month (overkill) and it's MUCH more liveable. Now to find the squeaks from the seatbelt mount over my left shoulder...

OP
OP

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ohhhhh yeah. I found that spraying some Wd-40 SILICONE (caps for attention) in the window channels and a very very very slim line on the top of the window glass itself has helped to quiet down the top in general. The fit and finish of the mating surfaces isn't the best, and the glass actually moves around in the channel. When the window is dropped, the plastic pieces rub against each other. I spray it down usually once a month (overkill) and it's MUCH more liveable. Now to find the squeaks from the seatbelt mount over my left shoulder...
Great, I will try it. Thank you.

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
If that dont work, cut the red wire! No, WAIT, I mean the blue wire!
maxresdefault.jpg

maddog0483

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert
I had the same issue and after extensive troubleshooting it was the bolts that hold the front plastic cover directly above that to the frame. Look for 2 (10mm?) Bolts directly above that area and snug them up a quarter turn. Will make a clicking noise right over your head on bumps and was maddening. Easy fix if you know exactly what to look for.