Sponsored

Tick Tick Tick Tick in Haaarrdd Cornering.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This shouldn't have to be said out loud, but have you checked for a bomb?
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
My brake rotors click during cornering. I hear it mostly from the fronts. Put on new rotors (due to wear, not clicking), and the new set clicks less than the previous ones. I just pretend that I have playing cards in my spokes.

-T

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Did a quick inspection and nothing loose or funny going on at either axle. I didnā€™t mess with the axle nuts as they seemed solid and nothing was amis to justify disturbing the nut, so I let it be. Lug nuts are torqued properly. They were to begin with, but put them back on again.

I figured with the same sound equally occurring in both directions that it must be ā€œnormalā€ for the car. I mean, what are the odds of having a malfunction occurring on both sides at the same time at equal forces/directions?? Itā€™ll be a while before I have a chance to expose it to those conditions again to see if reoccurs after checking lugnut torque, but not too worried about it.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I meant to circle back and update this thread. I recently upgraded to the longer MSI wheel studs from OPM. Installed them in the stock hubs. I did completely remove the hubs for the install, and then reinstalled the hubs with new nuts and factory rec torque. I've had the car back in the mountains since the install and this process seems to have eliminated my ticking sounds from the rear axles. Go figure.
Sponsored