Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
You are not the problem. You seem like a really cool guy and a lover of cars. There are just a couple of Camaro fanboys who seem really insecure about their purchase.

I personally don’t get it. I usually make an educated decision, buy the car I like, and don’t really feel the need to troll other forums. The Facebook groups are the same. I’m sure Ford fanboys do it too, but it baffles me that grown men stoop to these levels.

It’s a new age.
Very much with you here!
Sponsored

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
All these cars are so close in the big scheme of things, if you choose what you want, for any reason you want, at any price upon which you agree, you will get an awesome monster. you can't go wrong..... we can keep our knowledge that obviously Ford rocks and all others must bow down to a internal self-righteous smirk :)

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
What does a screen name have to do with anything? Your posts started out strong but have dwindled down to dumb shit like this. If you want camaro love go to a camaro sight.
Started out strong? Posting isn’t a competition for me... seeing all the fanbois fan fare on here is hilarious.

And clearly you didn’t follow the remark... you tried to condemn those that have a different make and are on this site, and yet your screen name screams dodge... so we’re you never on this and owned a different make?

I had a GT350R, I still own a mustang, and a camaro, and some other cars... and unlike 95% of the smack talking on here... I actually race them, straight and around corners... and I appreciate them all. Frankly, I’ve even softened up to like dodge... but not ready to have one in the garage just yet. Unless it’s a viper.

Dave

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Let me know when we get a real comparison.

randy driving = not real comparison.

bald tires (really guys? Really?) on the gt500 = not a real comparison. And if the throttle house guys wanted to see what the 500 can do, getting new tires is as easy as they did for the 1le vs the pp2... and those were an upgrade over the stock tire, giving the Camaro a non stock advantage.

throttle house is also in Randy like as far as Mustang vs Camaro bias goes.

literally could not believe it when my “not a true test” spider sense went off... and then good ol’ Camaro Randy appears to confirm the suspicions. Lol

when we get a real car with teal tires and a real driver with the motivation to push it to the limit, we will see what the car is capable of.

Let’s see billy Johnson get hired to drive. Let randy drives his favorite car and let billy drive the 500. Both cars all stock, with calibration tuning and tires and weight accounted for.

Then let’s see throttle guys and whoever
Keep their hands out of it and just film the races. Have multiple sets of each cars stock tires at the ready and go.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Started out strong? Posting isn’t a competition for me... seeing all the fanbois fan fare on here is hilarious.

And clearly you didn’t follow the remark... you tried to condemn those that have a different make and are on this site, and yet your screen name screams dodge... so we’re you never on this and owned a different make?

I had a GT350R, I still own a mustang, and a camaro, and some other cars... and unlike 95% of the smack talking on here... I actually race them, straight and around corners... and I appreciate them all. Frankly, I’ve even softened up to like dodge... but not ready to have one in the garage just yet. Unless it’s a viper.

Dave
And clearly you missed my point Dave! This is a Mustang forum. For Mustang enthusiasts. And some of those enthusiasts are brand loyal. Or in your words fan bois. While I tend to be A little more opened minded then some on here. When it comes to brand loyalty. (I’ve owned SRTs & Camaros & imports etc, etc. hence the screen name) I still realize that this is a sight dedicated to Mustangs Only! And created for Mustang lovers. Somehow you seam confused. When Some of the Mustang faithful don’t blow a load over the ZLe. If you can’t be a Rabid Mustang fanboi on a Mustang Dedicated web sight. Where can you? It’s like You expected to join a Lakers fan page. And then got your feeling hurt. When they say F$&k the Celtics. I gotta tell ya. Your constant complaining about your perception of the fan bois on here. Is about as annoying. As the actual fan boi posts. May I suggest that if any of the people you view as fanbois becomes to much for you. Instead of the constant bitching about it. Just hit the ignore button. The fact that you argue that tires matter in the Porsche comparison . But ignore the tires in the ZLe comparison. Paints a picture of someone trolling. Not just someone who loves cars. But but but the tires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
I think the people that want them are those that want sharp handling and a more sporty suspension but don't plan on tracking much if ever. On paper the PP2 is a strange choice if you track the car, I 100% agree with you. For someone like you it would make no sense. I was a member of several New England corvette clubs and there were so many people who would buy a GS or Z06 and never ever see the track. When I would talk to some of these owners 90%+ of the time they preferred the looks (wide body, aero, bigger tires) over the performance. It's their money and I never made a big deal about it but the reality is that many people will buy a car like a GT350R, GT500 CFTP, ZL1LE, GS, etc and never every take it to the track.

So to me the PP2 gives you the sharper handling, wider stance/tires, etc that some people want but will never use on a track.
This.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
This is a good note... and to give even more credit to Ford (and why I'm not a Hater... just not a Fanboy)... Ford also deserves credit for there even being a Hellcat! People so easily forget... 2013 and the 662HP GT500! 707 got the magazine attention... but the 200+ MPH 662HP Shelby GT500 started the HP wars... which frankly you could go back to the 'Terminator' in 2003 really... and then the 2007 GT500 and so on!

Just that all the hate towards the other makes and discredit on here is ridiculous... clearly... the past few tests (whether ideal or not) have shown... GT500 will need to be on it's A game to compete with a ZLE on the track.

Dave
I agree about the 13/14 GT500 creating the insane pony car/muscle car hp wars. The 5th gen ZL1 got going strong with 580 hp to top the '12 GT500 (550 hp), but the '13 GT500 upped that significantly. Even with all that hp, the 5th gen ZL1 is slower in the 1/4 mile than my 460 hp A10 GT. The PP1 GT A10 also pulls ever so slightly harder from 60-100 mph than the 5th Gen ZL1 (4.7 sec vs 4.8 sec for the ZL1), despite a better power to weight ratio (the gearing in the A10 has a lot to do with that, I realize).

I think the GT500 CFTP only needs its B game to beat the ZLE on the track. The tires were cooked, the aero was not set, and the camber on the ZLE was significantly more negative than the GT500. The GT500 in that test was on its D game. A C game would have tied the ZLE, and a B game would have beaten the ZLE. It's A game will keep up with a GT3RS, or beat it (if Randy hadn't made that mistake late in the lap the GT500 CFTP would have beaten the GT3RS in that previous H2H matchup).

The tiny autocross test Edmunds did doesn't really count, sorry.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
This is a good note... and to give even more credit to Ford (and why I'm not a Hater... just not a Fanboy)... Ford also deserves credit for there even being a Hellcat! People so easily forget... 2013 and the 662HP GT500! 707 got the magazine attention... but the 200+ MPH 662HP Shelby GT500 started the HP wars... which frankly you could go back to the 'Terminator' in 2003 really... and then the 2007 GT500 and so on!

Just that all the hate towards the other makes and discredit on here is ridiculous... clearly... the past few tests (whether ideal or not) have shown... GT500 will need to be on it's A game to compete with a ZLE on the track.

Dave
Real performance car lovers don’t hate other great cars. Sadly all the forums I have been on have haters. If you hate on another car because it’s another brand than you like or own, then you have lost all right to call others out for hating your brand. Great comment.

Disclaimer.

I will not call you out for hating the Mach E.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Real performance car lovers don’t hate other great cars. Sadly all the forums I have been on have haters. If you hate on another car because it’s another brand than you like or own, then you have lost all right to call others out for hating your brand. Great comment.

Disclaimer.

Criticisms of the legitimate shortcomings of the Camaro does not a fanboy/hater make. They're real, they cost GM sales, and they're dumb shortcomings because they are purely there because of styling decisions, not engineering ones.

Sponsored

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06

Disclaimer.

Exactly, And it’s funny too, read the posts, bluesrt, 9second, Voodoo & Millhouse and more... just have to cry cry cry... was so funny if we go back just a few weeks and all the confidence being shared when it beat a base C8...

We’ll Keep watching the tests, and hearing the excuses here I’m sure.

And when it does finally beat it, You won’t see or hear all the excuses why they ZLE didn’t win.

it’s not supposed to win... but someone forgot to tell GM that.

Dave

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Exactly, And it’s funny too, read the posts, bluesrt, 9second, Voodoo & Millhouse and more... just have to cry cry cry... was so funny if we go back just a few weeks and all the confidence being shared when it beat a base C8...

And when it does finally beat it, You won’t see or hear all the excuses why they ZLE didn’t win.

Dave
:cwl::crackup::cwl: Throttle house for the win! I guess this is like the super bowl. Thats what’s funny. Your celebrating a throttle house win. Mr. serious SCCA racer.:cwl::crackup::cwl:Im sorry but I gotta take my own advice and put you on ignore now with racist Roy. I just can’t take you seriously anymore.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger

Dave
Yeah the only way a ZLE wins is if the other car has worn out tires, missing aero aids and even after all that handicapping the GT500 in this test, they still choose the GT500 over it. Every other media test especially in a straight line the GT500 stomps the ZL1 any model. By 150 the GT500 will gap ZL1 by 4 seconds thats huge its not even a race. There is not one stock ZL1 that can do 130+ in the 1/4 period. This test was wrong in so many ways. Its not being a fan boy to point out the big flaws of this test when its in clear view. The GT500 should have not been on the track without its full aero package for the front end and worn out tires which would have made a huge difference in all the test results. Worn out tires can greatly hurt all performance metrics on any car. So yes hot house did little justice to the GT500 in this test. They should have had all vehicle in top form so the the results could be taken as real. So we now know for a ZL1 to beat a GT500 in a straight line you need worn out tires on the GT500 so it cannot hook up that's what this test showed.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I nominate you to take both to the track and give the people the comparison we all deserve...

No doubt you have the talent to show Randy who's boss
Now that you’re done being a bitter old woman, let’s get back to the actual gist, which is - let’s see a good driver who is motivated to get good performance behind the wheel of the gt500

don’t trot out tired ol Camaro Randy every single time.

randy can even drive the Camaro he lives so much.

but put billy Johnson in the Mustang.

you’re going to see drastically better numbers.
Don’t forget to have actual tread on the Gt500 tires either.

important:

Also, with some cars being loaners from owners, it begs the question - what tuning was done to the loaner car? In a culture where people define their own meaning of “stock,” what accountability testing is done to prove that the cars are legitimately stock? This includes vehicle wright, tire make and model, engine calibration/tuning, irk stock suspension components and rear end gearing, bolt on parts, etc.

This cannot he understated.

when the cars are provided by owners who rarely ever keep them stock, but one is provided by the OEM as stock as can be, you’re not going to have a true comparison without accountability testing.

so it may well be a stock gt500 with thrashed tires vs. modified competitors.

but at the absolute very least, the tires killed this car.

I mean if the tires are such a big difference that they went out of their way to modify the 1le with better tires vs the pp2 GT to show the big difference that not only tires in good condition make, but the type of tire, then they went out of their way to skew this year by running a severely handicapped gt500 which had tires in poor condition.thats really just inexcusable. And that’s not even getting into tajing parts of the track package OFF the car...

But hey, they laugh and marvel and joke and get their purposely skewed results that damage the superior cars reputation in the marketplace, but hey “we are red blooded car guys driving fast cars, so we all win. Haha!” Or some other nonsense.

It was a failure of a comparison. you don’t put a handicapped car in a head to head comparison and have anywhere near accurate representation.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Even with hood pins - the hood still looks like it wants to lift.
Sponsored