Three Days to Install Motegi Wheels

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I ordered the Motegi Racing MR118 wheels in black to install on my 2015 Ecoboost Premimum from CARiD. They arrived last Monday and I took them Tuesday to have NTB swap out the wheels. I had both the installation wheel nuts and some McGard that I ordered that were supposed to fit. They put my tires on the new wheels, went to install them, and both lug nuts I brought were too big. On Wednesday, I called CARiD and they tracked down lug nuts at a nearby Pep Boys that would fit. I took a taxi, picked them up, took them to NTB, and they were also too big. I sent a picture of the issue to CARiD and they discovered the wheels require really small diameter socket type lug nuts. The finally found them out in California and sent them next day air. They arrived Friday morning (no deliveries on Thanksgiving) and fortunately, they fit. NTB was very understanding that my Mustang sat on a lift for three days.

I have tried finding the lug nuts in black, but I have found out why they were so hard to find as I have not found them yet. They look great the way the are, so it looks like I will keep the lug nuts in chrome.
My Mustangs New Wheels.jpg
Sponsored

C.Morris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Trailblazer ACTIV
I know this is a very stale post, but do you happen to know what the lugnuts you found that fit were?

OP
OP
15BluStang

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I know this is a very stale post, but do you happen to know what the lugnuts you found that fit were?
Sorry but I do not remember if there was anything to identify who made the lug nuts.

C.Morris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chandler
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Trailblazer ACTIV
Sorry but I do not remember if there was anything to identify who made the lug nuts.
Thanks for the swift response! I just picked up a set for my car and am having the same issue you did.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@C.Morris Looks like there is a Discount Tire store location reasonably close to you. They typically carry the lug nuts you are looking for in stock. (Chrome and black). If not in stock, store personnel can order them for you.
Sponsored