Threats to our Prize Possesions [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
In Central Oregon the biggest threat to our Mustangs is having a deer or elk cross the road in front of us...
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There are high crime sections of every major city, in every state in America. The United States has the highest criminal death rate in the world and has for a long long time. Lots of reason but this is not what this thread was about. But there has to be a number one and right now, that’s Chicago.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of Serbians, too. They recently opened a restaurant nearby, and they really know how to party. Wife goes downtown with her girlfriends once a month for some culture. I worked there for 36 years. We go to the city for Sox games and other entertainment. One can find anything one is looking for in Chicagoland, including a ****hole or two. Hooterville has 'em too. One of my most scary moments was of a "Deliverance" type when stationed in the sticks.
edit: The CBD needs to get back to normal (people going to their place of employment, not working from home) after last year's debacles. That would help a lot.

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ok fair point we did have that Russians problem for like 100 years or so and we still have from time to time.
Eastern European organized crime, to include Bulgaria and Serbia, is "interesting". That's not to say it accompanies migrants from those countries when they come to America.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Eastern European organized crime, to include Bulgaria and Serbia, is "interesting". That's not to say it accompanies migrants from those countries when they come to America.
There are high crime sections of every major city, in every state in America.
Change that to, "There are high crime sections of every major city, in every country in the world. America is the land of opportunity for criminals as well.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Change that to, "There are high crime sections of every major city, in every country in the world.
In Tokyo you need a magnifying glass to find it on a map, though. :)

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Change that to, "There are high crime sections of every major city, in every country in the world. America is the land of opportunity for criminals as well.
No change. E. European crime networks are unique.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
There are high crime sections of every major city, in every state in America. The United States has the highest criminal death rate in the world and has for a long long time. Lots of reason but this is not what this thread was about. But there has to be a number one and right now, that’s Chicago.
Not per capita. Chicago is not in the worst 25 per capita. Chicago seems really bad, but there are almost 3 million people living within the city borders. with Millions more in the surrounding suburbs.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Unfortunately, shootings, muggings, robberies, assaults, are now a daily occurrence in New York City. And not just in the run down neighborhoods. They will do anything, anywhere, now that law and order has been diminished - by design.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, shootings, muggings, robberies, assaults, are now a daily occurrence in New York City. And not just in the run down neighborhoods. They will do anything, anywhere, now that law and order has been diminished - by design.
You need to be far more specific. New York City is made up of five boroughs with over 8.4 million people. I presume you're talking about the island of Manhattan (1.6 million)? If you are your comment is just not true. And the NYC police department is still the countries largest at over 36,000 officers and 19,000 civil employees. There has been no designed diminishment of the NYPD.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
You need to be far more specific. New York City is made up of five boroughs with over 8.4 million people. I presume you're talking about the island of Manhattan (1.6 million)? If you are your comment is just not true. And the NYC police department is still the countries largest at over 36,000 officers and 19,000 civil employees. There has been no designed diminishment of the NYPD.
Just take a look at any daily NYC newspaper. Almost every day there are shootings, muggings, assaults, people being pushed off subway platforms, car jackings. - Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, less so Staten Island. Put up some money and I'll send you the data published every day, or meet me in NYC and I'll introduce you to the crime first hand.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Just take a look at any daily NYC newspaper. Almost every day there are shootings, muggings, assaults, people being pushed off subway platforms, car jackings. - Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, less so Staten Island. Put up some money and I'll send you the data published every day, or meet me in NYC and I'll introduce you to the crime first hand.
Of course there is crime in a city of over 8 million people. But you're making it out to sound if 1. crime is rampant all over the city which it is not and 2. there is some underhanded reason why it is happening. This is also untrue. As this will turn political, I will leave it there with no further comment.

I was born and raised in New York City. Move to Northern NJ in 1995 but still spent a lot of time there until 2017 with business & family. I also remember the crime rates in the 70's. Today's rates are nowhere's near that.

Like I said, I do not need an introduction to NYC or its crime. I would still know where to go and where not to go, same as any other big city. And I would also still take it over any other big city is the US.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Back in the day I visited Chicago often as my company had an office in Elgin. Also went to the Consumer Electronics Show at McCormick Place. It was one of my all time favorite places.

But it is repairable. All it takes is the right people and lots of money. New York City did it decades ago, Chicago can do it now.
I used to live in Elgin when I was back in firat grade, so 45 years ago. Haven't been back to Elgin in quite some time. But, we have been back to Chicago. Love me some Heaven on 7 gumbo!
Sponsored