Sponsored

Threats to our Prize Possesions [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't drive into Atlanta unless I have to. There are a some areas on the south side, between me and Atlanta, that I avoid to the extent I can.

Having said that, Georgia is a shall issue state. A concealed permit is easy to get and inexpensive. I'm a competitive shooter.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I will never live in a metropolitan area, period!
Same here man.

I grew up in Boston and then on the outskirts of a Boston city, but it was still considered Boston. You couldn't pay my mortgage off and offer me money to move back to the city. Never.
I love where I am now. It's so quiet out here, pretty much every day and every weekend. You could hear a pin drop. lol

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
not for long at this rate...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...n-weekend-violence-across-chicago/ar-BB16XMJC

...for those that won’t click, SEVENTY people (70) shot just this weekend.
to be fair, probably 90% of those guys are gangbangers. I dont feel bad for them getting shot, its just sad that now people who was shot, their friends/boys/family gonna go shoot who they thought shot them.

I read about a birthday party where like 10 people was shot, including kids, and was killed. Cops went there, and NO ONE WOULD TALK TO THEM! they didn't want to "rat" and was going to "handle it themselves" such crap.

the gangs/shootings/gangs causes more of the shootings. its a cultural thing.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
It is so discouraging to live in an area where there is so much violence going on. Chicago has one of the most beautiful skylines and lakefronts in the nation. However, to get to the main city you must go thru some pretty rough areas. I live in the far south suburbs of Chicago and kinda keep my car close to home. I would love to do a nice cruise along Chicago's beautiful lake front but these idiots are car jacking folks, shooting at cars on the highways or when the car is park at a restaurant, trying to steal catalytic converters. Not to mentioned there appears to be major gang wars going on. This is all during the day mind you. At night its a whole other story. I am just sick of it all and it maybe time to start looking to relocate. In the meantime, I may have to start back my conceal carry routines, just to protect what I've worked so hard for. Maybe I'm paranoid, anyone else feel this way in your neck of the woods.

chicago.jpg
Unfortunately cc is not an option in NJ unless you’re one of governors inner circle.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Unfortunately cc is not an option in NJ unless you’re one of governors inner circle.
We have CC in Illinois including Chicago.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
We have CC in Illinois including Chicago.
We have cc too. We just can’t get it
My range offers cc for Utah and Florida.
May go that route for future

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Same here man.

I grew up in Boston and then on the outskirts of a Boston city, but it was still considered Boston. You couldn't pay my mortgage off and offer me money to move back to the city. Never.
I love where I am now. It's so quiet out here, pretty much every day and every weekend. You could hear a pin drop. lol
It might take me 4 hours to mow the yard, but I can drink my coffee on my deck in my underwear, site in my 7mm, or shoot the coons and opossums with one of my 9’s for eating the cat food without any worries. I can’t imagine it any other way.

And, the neighbors are quiet too.

96222D4A-1B4C-4527-9874-A8F99EB7872D.jpeg

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A big reason I moved to Utah was because its overall values align with my own. Living in Ohio was rough for me. With that said, Salt Lake tends to trend on the liberal side, and our current mayor has no spine. SLCPD lost over 100 officers because of her refusing to back them during the Floyd protests. But, I don't live in the city proper, and it's honestly kiddie mode compared to how some cities have degenerated. So I don't mind too much. Whether you have a positive or negative opinion of the Mormon church, they definitely have created a positive and beautiful environment to raise a family in. (side note, I'm not LDS lol)

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of Chicago. I find it strange that Chicago is the city with highest number of Bulgarian emigrants. Our roads are full with potholes and we have a high number of cars related crimes in fact leaving in Bulgaria sometimes is like leaving in GTA game. So call me old fashioned but I think Chicago been full with Bulgarian emigrants may be the reason why this is happening to OP.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but I think Chicago been full with Bulgarian emigrants may be the reason why this is happening to OP.
uh, this is a American-raised 'native population' problem. The Bulgarians are probably the finest folks in 8 blocks. Now about those Russians... :)

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
uh, this is a American-raised 'native population' problem. The Bulgarians are probably the finest folks in 8 blocks. Now about those Russians... :)
Ok fair point we did have that Russians problem for like 100 years or so and we still have from time to time.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well to be honest, I do have a Great Job, that pays me a decent salary and my entire family is here and my mom depends on me for help.
MasterCard + Allied Van Lines. Northern IL is bankrupt, morally and other ways. It's such a shame the entire state (esp. south) gets tarnished with that brush. Property tax hikes will cause your house value to plummet in lock-step, no different from what happens when the banks change the prevailing mortgage rates.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll love Gatlinburg! My daughter and her family live in Pigeon Forge, and we visit as often as possible (sadly now, not often at all). Plus, "Tail of the Dragon" is nearby!
Tail is nothing. Try the thousand other roads in the general vicinity. Carefully check TN/KN at the county level. Some of them are islands of whack-a-doodle surrounded by sanity.
Sponsored