Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
It is so discouraging to live in an area where there is so much violence going on. Chicago has one of the most beautiful skylines and lakefronts in the nation. However, to get to the main city you must go thru some pretty rough areas. I live in the far south suburbs of Chicago and kinda keep my car close to home. I would love to do a nice cruise along Chicago's beautiful lake front but these idiots are car jacking folks, shooting at cars on the highways or when the car is park at a restaurant, trying to steal catalytic converters. Not to mentioned there appears to be major gang wars going on. This is all during the day mind you. At night its a whole other story. I am just sick of it all and it maybe time to start looking to relocate. In the meantime, I may have to start back my conceal carry routines, just to protect what I've worked so hard for. Maybe I'm paranoid, anyone else feel this way in your neck of the woods.

chicago.jpg
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I was born in and spent my first 40 years in Chicago. It is sad to see what has happened there. I am flying there on Thursday to see my sister but we will be staying far away from Chicago at her lake house. Peace and quiet.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
In the meantime, I may have to start back my conceal carry routines, just to protect what I've worked so hard for.
As far as I know thats not legal in Cook County is it? I didn't think that was legal hardly anywhere in Illinois?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was born in and spent my first 40 years in Chicago. It is sad to see what has happened there. I am flying there on Thursday to see my sister but we will be staying far away from Chicago at her lake house. Peace and quiet.
Enjoy your trip. Sounds like you will be up around the Lake Forest area up north. So you will be more than ok. Enjoy and didn't mean to alarm you but its getting out of control.

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It was way worse back in the day...Cabrini O'Green anyone?
Cabrini Green and places like Robert Taylor were a piece of cake compared to what's happening now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Back in the day I visited Chicago often as my company had an office in Elgin. Also went to the Consumer Electronics Show at McCormick Place. It was one of my all time favorite places.

But it is repairable. All it takes is the right people and lots of money. New York City did it decades ago, Chicago can do it now.

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man, thats horrible to hear! We have some rough areas down here in FL as well, but I cant imagine avoiding certain areas just to cruise.
Stay safe my friend and always watch your back

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know thats not legal in Cook County is it? I didn't think that was legal hardly anywhere in Illinois?
Yes in is legal in Chicago, Cook County as long as you have a State of Illinois FOID card and State of Illinois Concealed Carry License. I have both.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Back in the day I visited Chicago often as my company had an office in Elgin. Also went to the Consumer Electronics Show at McCormick Place. It was one of my all time favorite places.

But it is repairable. All it takes is the right people and lots of money. New York City did it decades ago, Chicago can do it now.
Man i hope you are right. I've been here all of my life and I've never seen it this bad.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Man i hope you are right. I've been here all of my life and I've never seen it this bad.
You know it's bad when the news in places as far away as California have a news story about how many were killed in Chicago over the weekend.

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You know it's bad when the news in places as far away as California have a news story about how many were killed in Chicago over the weekend.
yeah its kinda sad. we had 4 or 5 mass shootings within one week. Is almost becoming the norm.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This past year has made some good places bad, some bad places terrible, and some terrible places, well like parts of Chicago. I too hope for improvements, everywhere.

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This past year has made some good places bad, some bad places terrible, and some terrible places, well like parts of Chicago. I too hope for improvements, everywhere.
Yes I couldn't agree more. I see your from Myrtle Beach. I am thinking about bringing my car there for Mustang Week this year. I hope all is well there in your neck of the woods.
Sponsored