Sponsored

Thoughts & opinions on --> ROUSH MAX COOLING UPGRADE?

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Thanks, interesting. I have the same CAI and supercharger, but somehow I thought that the opening for air in CAI box is behind the triangle area of the grille, that is blocked off. If that is not the case, then it's all good. At the end of the day, roush grille should work with roush CAI. Thanks for confirming that.
Your welcome!!! I was working on stang a few days ago and had the CAI removed working on sway bar and it was on a lift and was eye level with opening and seen exactly where it was, because i always thought the same. =)
Sponsored

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I didnt want to tinker with all the other interchiller systems, and wanted to keep my warranty w ford and roush, my car is a 2021 with only 9k miles. Lots of warranty left, once it ends than i will maximize HP and cooling with the aftermarket. Roush is very conservativce with the tunes, blower pullies etc. These cars can maximize the power and be better performers, 1000%.. But for now, I was looking for a boost in power level with a factory warranty! Roush fit the bill for me.
Thanks Anthony
Makes sense

mikecombs66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush S2
Please correct me if I'm imagining something that doesn't make sense, but this cooling kit seems to have completely different purpose from KC - while KC is great at reducing IAT2 temps when car is idling in pit lanes, this kit would be pretty much useless in this scenario because there is no airflow around these added radiators. What it might do well though is to keep the car running cooler under continuous load, e.g. hpde event. And that would include engine too due to added oil cooler and additional airflow, as well as extra heat extractors on fenders.

I would be very interested to know if it helps do more laps on race track between cooldowns for SC mustang.
It’s designed for road course racing but when you’re driving around town or on the highway going back-and-forth to work in a super hot climate will help tremendously

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It’s designed for road course racing but when you’re driving around town or on the highway going back-and-forth to work in a super hot climate will help tremendously
Right, that's my understanding as well

anyone tried it in hpde?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have to admit, for what this kit costs, I would probably go with an InterChiller or E85 first. I live in AZ and just don't see this kit helping me much in the summer. Obviously your mileage will vary. I love the P2 kit and am on my 2nd 2018 with said kit but an extra LTR just isn't worth it to me.

mikecombs66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush S2
I have to admit, for what this kit costs, I would probably go with an InterChiller or E85 first. I live in AZ and just don't see this kit helping me much in the summer. Obviously your mileage will vary. I love the P2 kit and am on my 2nd 2018 with said kit but an extra LTR just isn't worth it to me.
You can use both since they both work differently. Roush has a max fans pit cool down selection that you can activate from your steering wheel that turns on and runs the fans on hi mode as your sitting in the pit. It cools everything down fast. Also a 3 minute shit down mode that activates the fans.
Sponsored