ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I wouldn't sanction deliberately harming people, but I do prefer freedom. I realize you're joking, but I don't think it's funny.
If you understand he is joking, then why you not finding it funny?
no wonder comics have to walk on egg shells today.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I personally think, You should have to take and pass a performance driving course before you can leave a dealer with anything with an honest 300hp and up.
Too many knuckle heads making life hard for the whole hobby/group.
Except your solution would mean our kinds of cars would disappear or cost 2 to 3 times as much. The number of buyers is a huge factor in the price of any car. Ford wouldn't even make 300 HP and up Mustangs if knuckleheads couldn't buy them.

Hating knuckleheads is like hating air because top speeds could be 1000 MPH without the drag. We NEED knuckleheads and air.

In the immortal words of The Hollies: All I need is the air that I breath and knuckleheads..

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except your solution would mean our kinds of cars would disappear or cost 2 to 3 times as much. The number of buyers is a huge factor in the price of any car. Ford wouldn't even make 300 HP and up Mustangs if knuckleheads couldn't buy them.

Hating knuckleheads is like hating air because top speeds could be 1000 MPH without the drag. We NEED knuckleheads and air.
I'd rather the knuckle head learn how to handle and control the power and then get to enjoy it, instead of totaling it asap.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'd rather the knuckle head learn how to handle and control the power and then get to enjoy it, instead of totaling it asap.
Who wouldn't? And frogs wish they could fly so they wouldn't bump their ass hopping.

The frogs have a better chance.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Time will tell, when the ring lap time comes out.
You think it'll be as slow as the Halo shelby r?
It be nice if you could check off a box, to remove all that safety b/s that adds weight. but not going to happen.
Manuals are not harder to drive. But they are not worth the cost to engineer and emission test/cert. into a car for the tiny pool of buyers. I love Row your own. but I understand why they are going away.
Oh I understand as well why manuals are going away. I see it as part of the declining society we have and the increasingly tyrannical government.

You seem obsessed with lap times - I've told you I don't care. What is your best time around your local track with your current vehicle? Have you improved it a lot in the last couple years? Tell me about your laps and how much they matter to you.

If you understand he is joking, then why you not finding it funny?
no wonder comics have to walk on egg shells today.
Good question. Probably his poor delivery. Hoosier Daddy basically made the same joke and I thought it was a little funny. Maybe it's because he was repeating the same joke. Definitely not as funny the second time.

Do you really think I'm behind the political correctness movement? :crazy:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I understand as well why manuals are going away. I see it as part of the declining society we have and the increasingly tyrannical government.

You seem obsessed with lap times - I've told you I don't care. What is your best time around your local track with your current vehicle? Have you improved it a lot in the last couple years? Tell me about your laps and how much they matter to you.

Good question. Probably his poor delivery. Hoosier Daddy basically made the same joke and I thought it was a little funny. Maybe it's because he was repeating the same joke. Definitely not as funny the second time.

Do you really think I'm behind the political correctness movement? :crazy:
Lap times in my personal vehicles I haven't been on a track with yet, but the race cars, sure I try to always be better than the last.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lap times in my personal vehicles I haven't been on a track with yet, but the race cars, sure I try to always be better than the last.
I'm surprised you care so much about lap times in the Z06 when you haven't taken your current cars to a track. I get that a lap time is a measuring stick of general performance, but to me enjoyment is more important. Maybe driving race cars has jaded you to having fun on track in a car. You've become all business behind the wheel.

Bringing up 'ring lap times just makes me think about dishonesty in lap times more than actual performance. You realize there's no official GT350R lap time on the ring, right? The 7:32 that was all over the internet had nothing behind it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hoosier Daddy basically made the same joke and I thought it was a little funny. Maybe it's because he was repeating the same joke. Definitely not as funny the second time.
Hoosier said 'remove air bags' I came up with a less complicated solution that could be adequately passed off in a court of law. "glitch" was the name of the game in Kenosha for willful evidence tampering, why not a "glitch" that can be reduced to "if driver acting like ass-hat, set airbag delay+=400".

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Ya, but court time and lawyers cost money.
So does paying a settlement to lower the cost and get past it.
So we have what we have.
Hp is too easy to buy today and leaving cars and coffee video's prove it isn't limited to any one make or model.
I personally think, You should have to take and pass a performance driving course before you can leave a dealer with anything with an honest 300hp and up.
True story. When I was a company car driver at GM, you couldnā€™t be assigned anything 500 hp and up unless you took and passed a performance driving course. Only exception is if you were ordering your ā€œDrive and Buyā€. Drive and Buy was a program where you could spec a car, drive it as a company car, and then buy it at a discount when it came out of service.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Unreal to me that all some of you here have to do is come in and derail a thread. Apparently decency is going the way of the manual transmission

Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't handle it, too much car for me. Very nice though.
I dunno. I've driven C8 Stingray Z51 and even when you're going all out, it's much easier to control than a Mustang GT. More controlled, more stable, not as eager to seek out a crowd or tree.

Last edited:

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
But its stupid for tech to eliminate natural selection. Should be the opposite. When tech senses a meat head heading for tree or ditch, don't act to prevent it, do things like release the seatbelt. It goes without saying there would be no airbags.
"Release the seatbelt".......funny and original!

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm of the opinion the GT350 is an exception as despite over 300 HP it seems actually difficult to get into trouble with the way the engine and gearing perform lower in the rpm range yet the power is there higher up when you need it e.g. passing a line of "slower" cars on a two lane highway, and the manual transmission where you have to mindfully downshift to get that power actually seems to make it safer.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I'm of the opinion the GT350 is an exception as despite over 300 HP it seems actually difficult to get into trouble with the way the engine and gearing perform lower in the rpm range yet the power is there higher up when you need it e.g. passing a line of "slower" cars on a two lane highway, and the manual transmission where you have to mindfully downshift to get that power actually seems to make it safer.
That statement is well said.
My GT350 is the most powerful ā€œcarā€ Iā€™ve ever owned. Trucks are a different story.
That said, you almost feel like you canā€™t get into trouble unless you do something really stupid.
Cold tires, bald tires, wet roads or icy conditions all contribute to stupid
Sponsored