Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
The one thing that is very cool to me, is that Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are still putting out cars that in the grand scheme of things are not about profit, but about true passion for cars. We all benefit from this. I stand corrected from my earlier post, I would buy one of these cars but would not ger rid of one of my 350ā€™s to do so. It would be an add.
could not agree more with this. this is part of my annoyance with the tesla fanbois coming and saying how some electric car will destroy my mustang. ok, so be it. the sound, smells, vibrations, etc far outweigh the benefit of getting to the next stop light 1 second faster. shit, i even actually enjoy changing my oil. i dont dread it one bit in the slightest.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, I just played the 1st few minutes of the videoā€¦ and my 1st thoughts, why the heck is a Brit introducing ā€œAmericaā€™s greatest sportscarā€?

I guess they like the concept of English Batmanā€™s living in Gotham.:curse:

But, I get it, if all you could get was Ben Affleck.

Nextā€¦

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
No wonder the Camaro is dying On the vineā€¦ Chevrolet put all their $$ and effort into the new Vette. Z06 Engine looks like it was built with performance in mind first, cost second which I applaud GM for.
I can only hope that Ford Performance can beat back the bean counters and introduce an updated S650 and a new GT350 that would make me want to replace my current 18 PP1, 6sp convertible someday. Not looking good at this point with the talk of hybrid power and HP already dropping off for the GT. Sad if we have reached the crest of performance (S550) for naturally aspirated, non hybrid, manual tranny Mustangs.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! The camaro will get this engine as the final z28. Well at least I hope so.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ha! The camaro will get this engine as the final z28. Well at least I hope so.
Camaro is dead, even GM knows it. Evidence: Z06 investment.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Chevy is entering a different market with this car. Insane performance, top notch interior, and that engine is absolutely beautiful. 670hp, high revving, NA?? That is exotic car territory. Unfortunately, I think this engine will also require exotic car maintenance. Nothing wrong with that, but the target buyer will no longer be your average working man. The days of a Corvette being the achievable dream car for your average Joe are over.
Affording one of these cars will be one challenge; affording the inevitable maintenance is another.

That being said, I have no doubt it will perform equal or better than anything European for a lot less money. So Chevy still nailed that goal.

I used to be a die-hard manual fan when my car enthusiasm was solely related to canyon drives and car shows. I will agree, manuals are more engaging and grant a certain connectedness that autos and DCT's just don't.
However, now that I've gotten more into racing, the desire for a manual is almost nonexistent. Manuals are slower, no way around that. If shifts can be done with a simple pull of a lever, that much more focus can be put into braking, hitting the apex, ect.

I think a manual option for the base car would've been nice but DCT only for the high horsepower, track-focused version was the right move.

Sponsored

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
Horsepower per liter is unbelievable. Iā€™m a novice. Whatā€™s the limit here (apart from phase out of the ICE)?

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Cant un-see this.
1635348294594.png
This is brilliant :crackup:
Kidding aside, and looks being subjective of course - I have not gotten over this design treatment of the scoop or vent on the "regular" corvette, and I'm still trying to see if I can on this different execution on the Z06.

The car is, overall, too sharp and pointed all over the place for my own personal aesthetic.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
A buddy is picking this up on Friday. Canā€™t wait to go for a ride.
Before I bought the GT350 a year ago June, I was leaning towards the C8ā€¦.until I tried to fit in it at a reveal.
Iā€˜m glad I went with the GT350.
44ECDF70-3BA7-4839-A957-85A15F177DA1.jpeg
Sponsored