Thoughts on price of this mustang

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
hey guys, still in between getting a new 2020 mustang or waiting for a mach 1. Local dealer found this one, which has everything i wanted except for the digital dash (which if i want badly enough i could put in myself later). This is the price the currently have for it. Grabber lime, manual, magnaride, active exhaust, performance package 1 with leather (400A package). Thoughts? I feel like i should be able to get it for less than 46k for sure. But im not positive. Car will instantly have an odin kit put on it as well from my older car.

Screenshot_20201018-163717_Gmail.jpg
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Can you get get x plan pricing? I think that would be roughly what you have now and then the $2k ford rebate comes off that.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
That’s not a great price.

when I bought my Mustang, MSRP was 46k, and I paid 39 (disclaimer, I had a PCO for $1250). You should shoot for 10-15% off before ttl with rebates.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
That’s not a great price.

when I bought my Mustang, MSRP was 46k, and I paid 39 (disclaimer, I had a PCO for $1250). You should shoot for 10-15% off before ttl with rebates.
One thing working against the OP could be lack of inventory. Still I would be looking for more of a discount.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
One thing working against the OP could be lack of inventory. Still I would be looking for more of a discount.
I dont mind waiting for more inventory or for the mach 1 to come out. Just considering if i find a good deal ill go for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
yeah, ill have military discount as well. Just didnt have that marked on there. I might talk to them more about it, was just trying to see some rough numbers to aim for.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That is one thing to look for, I flew across the country and saved another 7k on my car than local. Drove it back, spent 800 total to save 6200. was a good time. I actually did same thing you did, came here asking for prices/help me find a car. and low behold, someone found me one, I called, and bought over the phone Lol was brand new car though.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vinyl? The mach 1 is different than the pp1 in more ways than vinyl..

Sponsored

deathonapalehorse2020

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EB HPP HP

Right on the money Shogun32; I too live in a state...not to far from yours OP...that as Kong76 said, "charges a premium for mustangs." Thus, I purchased mine out of state...at Koons Sterling Ford in Sterling, VA...the same dealership that Shogun 32 posted a web URL from. Long story short. the MSRP on my car (a premium 20EB HPP) was a little more than $43K; after taxes, tag/title and "stealership" fees, I paid just over $38K. The best offer a local dealership quoted me was at/about $3500 more. Oh...and did I mention that my car was a FACTORY ORDER from Koons? Yep...I ordered exactly what I wanted...AND saved at/about $3500 over the least expensive local "stealership." Email and/or call Koons; buying a car in "Commiefornia" is a no win situation for consumers; the dealerships don't negotiate and they act as if it is a favor to sell a car to consumers at MSRP. OP (Adam), save yourself thousands of dollars and take your business OUT OF STATE.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The mach 1 is different than the pp1 in more ways than vinyl..
not in a way that matters a damn unless the car spends a lot of time at a road-course. But the swipe was in the context of the post I responded to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Right on the money Shogun32; I too live in a state...not to far from yours OP...that as Kong76 said, "charges a premium for mustangs." Thus, I purchased mine out of state...at Koons Sterling Ford in Sterling, VA...the same dealership that Shogun 32 posted a web URL from. Long story short. the MSRP on my car (a premium 20EB HPP) was a little more than $43K; after taxes, tag/title and "stealership" fees, I paid just over $38K. The best offer a local dealership quoted me was at/about $3500 more. Oh...and did I mention that my car was a FACTORY ORDER from Koons? Yep...I ordered exactly what I wanted...AND saved at/about $3500 over the least expensive local "stealership." Email and/or call Koons; buying a car in "Commiefornia" is a no win situation for consumers; the dealerships don't negotiate and they act as if it is a favor to sell a car to consumers at MSRP. OP (Adam), save yourself thousands of dollars and take your business OUT OF STATE.
Fair enough. Ill be leaving california to a new base soon anyways, ill just keep my 2018 for now and save up for something at a good price later.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
not in a way that matters a damn unless the car spends a lot of time at a road-course. But the swipe was in the context of the post I responded to.
I guess thats fair. But that can kind of be said about other cars too. Just everything ive seen make the mach 1 seem like a great car to add boost to. Especially if you are manual now it doesnt have the mt82.

I have a soft spot for mach 1 because my dad had one in the past. But i can definitely agree that it mostly comes down to if you can justify the extra price for some differences you may not ever really see as a DD.
Sponsored