Sponsored

Thoughts on MFP or Harrup Phenolic Spacers for a Roush Phase 2 Supercharger on Gen 2 s550

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Guys,

I have a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and I just had my Roush Phase 2 installed about 3 weeks ago. I need to do cooling mods and as you guys know cooling is important.

Has anyone has a Roush Phase 2 Supercharger with Phenolic spacers installed? I spoke about it with my mechanic and the only concern he had was the supercharger hood clearance and also belt being too short if the spacers are added.

So anyone who has installed this? What is your experience with clearance and belts? Did it drop your IAT? I don't want to do a killer chiller, seems a complicated long install on that thing but I' curious what you guys think. I plan on taking the car to the drag strip at least once or twice a month.

Update as of 10/14/21 on my additional upgrades I am looking at or already purchased:

UPR Oil Catch Can (Not sure if I need this)
MFP Phenolic Spacers 6mm (Purchased)
Dewitts High Horsepower Radiator for 2015-2018 Mustang (Purchased)
Department of Boost Super Single Heat Exchanger (Purchased)
Mishimoto Transmission Cooler (Purchased)
Ford Performance 5.2L "Gen 2" Water Pump Kit (purchased)

Update as of 11/7/2021:
MFP Phenolic Spacers 6mm (Installed)
Dewitts High Horsepower Radiator for 2015-2018 Mustang (Installed)
Department of Boost Super Single Heat Exchanger (Installed)
Mishimoto Transmission Cooler (Installed). Trans fluid was also flushed
Ford Performance 5.2L "Gen 2" Water Pump Kit (Installed)

Car's IAT gauge cluster shows IAT at 65/66F during normal highway driving when outside temp is 63F. CHTs stayed at 187F. In traffic, it reached 217F then quickly came down once I got moving. The money spent was well worth it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
the injector spray pattern will be different/hit a different spot on the back of the valves if you raise up the intake manifold with the spacers. the best upgrade is to upgrade the pump and add fans to the LTR or go to a larger LTR if you dont want to do a killer chiller.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
the injector spray pattern will be different/hit a different spot on the back of the valves if you raise up the intake manifold with the spacers. the best upgrade is to upgrade the pump and add fans to the LTR or go to a larger LTR if you dont want to do a killer chiller.
Never thought about that affecting spray pattern, I guess this is why it's good to ask. A bigger radiator will eliminate the Roush LTR. When you say upgrade pump? which pump?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Guys,

I have a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and I just had my Roush Phase 2 installed about 3 weeks ago. I need to do cooling mods and as you guys know cooling is important.

Has anyone has a Roush Phase 2 Supercharger with Phenolic spacers installed? I spoke about it with my mechanic and the only concern he had was the supercharger hood clearance and also belt being too short if the spacers are added.

So anyone who has installed this? What is your experience with clearance and belts? Did it drop your IAT? I don't want to do a killer chiller, seems a complicated long install on that thing but I' curious what you guys think. I plan on taking the car to the drag strip at least once or twice a month.

My additional upgrades I am looking at:

UPR Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto or Dewitts or C&R Radiator
Mishimoto or C&R Transmission Cooler
Mishimoto Engine Oil Cooler
Ford Performance High Flow Water Pump, flows 30% more
I have the harrop spacers, they are relatively thin, and I had a tune done. My short terms are like 5% or lower. Not sure what's happening with them but it seems ok enough.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
What’s your opposition to the KC?

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
What’s your opposition to the KC?
For me, just labor, expertise and time involved. I don't know if I can even get anyone to do it around here. My Roush Installer has it, I asked him about it during my Roush install but he was too lazy or didn't want to do the work, he sells it though. He said No when I asked him if the killer chiller would be a great addition but that's a long story and I think it had to do with them trying to finish the install on time and not wanting to add more stuff. I would be more willing to do it if a shop in Norcal area can do it but seems phenolic spacers could be easier to install for non-performance shops.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
For me, just labor, expertise and time involved. I don't know if I can even get anyone to do it around here. My Roush Installer has it, I asked him about it during my Roush install but he was too lazy or didn't want to do the work, he sells it though. He said No when I asked him if the killer chiller would be a great addition but that's a long story and I think it had to do with them trying to finish the install on time and not wanting to add more stuff. I would be more willing to do it if a shop in Norcal area can do it but seems phenolic spacers could be easier to install for non-performance shops.
Stealthy Garage on YouTube (Beau) has a KC and I believe lives in the NorCal area. He maybe able to help you find a shop to install it. I’m pretty sure he is on here also just can’t remember his screen name.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Stealthy Garage on YouTube (Beau) has a KC and I believe lives in the NorCal area. He maybe able to help you find a shop to install it. I’m pretty sure he is on here also just can’t remember his screen name.
I'll find him on IG and contact him to see what he says.

Update: he was very helpful and referred me to the right person. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the harrop spacers, they are relatively thin, and I had a tune done. My short terms are like 5% or lower. Not sure what's happening with them but it seems ok enough.
Also, you should know spacers only delay heat soaking. not really prevention. all that hot air under the hood will eventually get you back to what you were at for IAT before when you didn't have them. It's good for keeping the IATs low for a run or two at the strip.

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
I got the MFP on my setup and didn't though about it affecting fuel trims. Have this been confirmed on data logs? It seems like a great way to mitigate heat conductivity as mentioned and goggle searched for info on spacers and trims on any platform but didn't found anything, although it makes sense it could have an effect. I sent a recent log to my tuner and ask about the spacer. Let's see the response.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I got the MFP on my setup and didn't though about it affecting fuel trims. Have this been confirmed on data logs? It seems like a great way to mitigate heat conductivity as mentioned and goggle searched for info on spacers and trims on any platform but didn't found anything, although it makes sense it could have an effect. I sent a recent log to my tuner and ask about the spacer. Let's see the response.
That's a great idea to data log and ask, thanks for that too. So these spacers are 6mm aka 1/4 in thick, my guess is they won't affect much but I'm curious what your tuner eventually says. And for your data log, are you running the injectors that came with your blower or you have upgraded them?

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
That's a great idea to data log and ask, thanks for that too. So these spacers are 6mm aka 1/4 in thick, my guess is they won't affect much but I'm curious what your tuner eventually says. And for your data log, are you running the injectors that came with your blower or you have upgraded them?
I just received feedback from my tuner on the log and it looks pretty good. Got the ok to go to the track.
Sponsored