Thought this was a Mustang forum?

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Over the last couple weeks I have noticed that the most popular threads on this forum are about what cars people want to trade their Mustangs in for... or what cars they should get or whatever else flavor of the week car we got going on.. why?
Do people go in other car forums and talk about Mustangs? I don’t know.. I don’t surf the Toyota forums or Mopar forums but I would assume not.
I get we are all cars guys here, but to me it’s like going into a Steak lovers forum and posting about how awesome your tofu turkey is...
1609549671598.jpeg

I for one love the hell out of my Mustang, could I have gotten something fancier, faster or more practical ..... absolutely. However for me it’s one of those things “ If I have to explain it, then you won’t understand”

I digress as I step down off my soapbox and hit play on “A faster horse”..

Happy New Year to all my equestrian brothers! May it be filled with ample cruises and canyon carving!
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I can see where the OP is coming from. There are so many great Mustangs to choose from that I would first look at a different model of Mustang before I would consider a different manufacturer. I like all my Mustangs for different reasons.

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
Some people like to troll other forums. They usually brag about how their crap car would torch a Mustang. I see no point in hanging out in the forums of cars I don’t own and I come here specifically for talk about my own car and to learn about it.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It could be that some people appreciate different manufacturer products. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the Mustang. Everything about the Mustang will not always be positive to everyone. Yes, the same thing happens on the other 5 car forums I belong to, so this one is not exclusive in that manner. I say those of us that adore our cars, should do just that. I know how to skip over threads that I am not interested in...but find, that seems to a really hard thing for others to be able to do. I would never get offended by someone saying they would like to try something different.......regardless of what that different thing might be.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Can you say "Troll? Who, Me?"

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Those people are usually easy to spot fast.

Some people like to troll other forums. They usually brag about how their crap car would torch a Mustang. I see no point in hanging out in the forums of cars I don’t own and I come here specifically for talk about my own car and to learn about it.

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Look at it from a positive perspective. Maybe this forum is so good (both people- and technology-wise) that folks tend to stick to it even if they want to discuss something not directly related.

Or, you know, they end up discussing other cars, but still in the context of Mustangs. (Not necessarily directly comparing, but also looking at things like similarities and influence, or broader industry view.)

I'm new here, and might not yet get the “sprit” of the forum, but I personally don't mind those “other cars” threads. Sometimes they're entertaining, and sometimes I just skip them.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This is what happens when a manufacturer cheapens out on the interior plastic!

Sorry, interior "polymer"!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You could argue the frequent threads extolling the virtues of manual transmissions belong in "Off Topic" as well. They really have nothing to do with Mustangs.
I see you trying to roll this hand grenade in here :clap:

I love it

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You could argue the frequent threads extolling the virtues of manual transmissions belong in "Off Topic" as well. They really have nothing to do with Mustangs.
If it doesn't have a manual, you aren't a man. #triggered

There's also been a lot of threads this time of year arguing whether or not putting the car away for winter makes you a wiener or not.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I think people tend to get bored just talking Mustangs, I also think people like to mix it up by making statements that get a rise out people. To me that makes it more interesting. As long as people aren't just being a holes. That's what a forum is for. Discussions. Right?
Sponsored