SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
yeah try Ft. Sill OK or Wichita Falls TX. I am reminded of the experience every time I open the oven to check on the roast.
Ft Sill Ok The home of Field Artillery..

I unfortunately spent some time there.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yuck, I feel sorry for you, but at least it wasn't Fort Polk :)

Ft Sill Ok The home of Field Artillery..

I unfortunately spent some time there.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My crystal ball thinks not driving in 6 days of rain is going to get added to the "no-man list".

Can’t take the heat in Scottsdale? Has to be one the funniest things. yes I get it it’s hot as shit but also Scottsdale is literally the the nicest town in AZ.

that’s like saying “can’t take the heat in Calabasas” :cwl:

Now Camaros and autos I’m with you:like:

I don’t generally drive the Mustang in the 6 days of rain we get here, that’s not putting it away for the winter is it!?!:frown:

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yuck, I feel sorry for you, but at least it wasn't Fort Polk :)
That dirty dirty south!

I did some work a couple years back down in the Mississippi Delta..

It’s whole different world down there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
35 degrees is t-shirt weather. I don't do heat. Let's add "wears a jacket" in above freezing weather to the Not a Man List

*ahem*

20200913_183832.jpg
35 degrees..!?! Growing up in NH we would be at the beach kid!

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did, too. I, however, remember my time there positively.
Wasn’t a fan of the humidity, the brown recluse spiders or any of the other enormous highly agro insects that try to kill you.

I had 3 bunk mates get bit in their sleep by brown recluses. That is some nasty stuff, needless to say didn’t sleep well with a huge hole in my wool blanket in 187% humidity.

Shooting and blowing shit up? I was all about that, but Oklahoma is one of those states I will drive around now.

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Where do you think I'm wearing the t-shirt? I love the shoreline in winter. Especially when it snows/freezes. Took these a while back in Cape May.

DSC08197.jpg
DSC08201.jpg
DSC08203.jpg
DSC08216.jpg
Looks like my walk to school as a kid... 🥶

Which I did have to walk up hill both ways in the snow..

Of course the kids don’t believe me, so we will go back one winter so they can walk it for themselves. :devil:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
When I was going to college there was a semester when my car situation was...spotty. In the winter I legitimately walked to school 3 miles uphill in the snow. I caught a ride home after class though :crackup:
And you still like the cold huh?

If I see 50 degrees now I look like Nanook of the North..

Granted 90% of the time even if it’s 55 degrees out I have the windows down the heat blasting and the exhaust set to stun.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn’t a fan of the humidity, the brown recluse spiders or any of the other enormous highly agro insects that try to kill you.

I had 3 bunk mates get bit in their sleep by brown recluses. That is some nasty stuff, needless to say didn’t sleep well with a huge hole in my wool blanket in 187% humidity.

Shooting and blowing shit up? I was all about that, but Oklahoma is one of those states I will drive around now.
I never had any issues with spiders or insects while I was there (3+ years) but I did make sure to check my boots for scorpions before I put them on. :)

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I never had any issues with spiders or insects while I was there (3+ years) but I did make sure to check my boots for scorpions before I put them on. :)
Crazy.. 1 of the dudes got bit on his leg and had to have multiple surgeries... shit was nasty has hell... huge cavity in his leg.. 🤢

To this day I still knock out my shoes.... but mostly now it’s cause the cats like to drop some kibble up in there.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I lived in Texas for a few years.
Crazy.. 1 of the dudes got bit on his leg and had to have multiple surgeries... shit was nasty has hell... huge cavity in his leg.. 🤢

To this day I still knock out my shoes.... but mostly now it’s cause the cats like to drop some kibble up in there.
A guy I worked with got bit on the hand by a brown recluse. It completely destroyed a lot of the tissue on his hand and he had to get skin grafts. They used skin from his ass. This promoted a number of jokes about what you might do with a palm that feels like an ass.
Sponsored