Sponsored

Those with RACE RED PAINT or have Seen them with PPF ? ? ? ?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
question: I plan on buying a RR car next spring. What is y'all recommendations as far as PPF or Ceramic Coating, which to do, when to do it, etc etc? should I get paint correction done before if it is done brand new, etc.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
question: I plan on buying a RR car next spring. What is y'all recommendations as far as PPF or Ceramic Coating, which to do, when to do it, etc etc? should I get paint correction done before if it is done brand new, etc.

Thanks,
PPF is a necessity for protecting against rock chips and the like. Ceramic give you a tiny amount of protection but makes keeping you car clean and shiny much easier.

Do it as soon as you get your car. The longer you wait the better the chance of a chip. Your detailer will inspect the paint and determine what needs to be done. Some cars need a little, some need more. TEs, even a new car may need correction.

You can start looking at detailers now. When you find the right person to work on you new car follow his advice and recommendations for product.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
PPF is a necessity for protecting against rock chips and the like. Ceramic give you a tiny amount of protection but makes keeping you car clean and shiny much easier.

Do it as soon as you get your car. The longer you wait the better the chance of a chip. Your detailer will inspect the paint and determine what needs to be done. Some cars need a little, some need more. TEs, even a new car may need correction.

You can start looking at detailers now. When you find the right person to work on you new car follow his advice and recommendations for product.
do you ceramic over the PPF? or just up to it? I am very well thinking that I will pick my car up in a covered trailer and tow it to the detailer I choose.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
do you ceramic over the PPF? or just up to it? I am very well thinking that I will pick my car up in a covered trailer and tow it to the detailer I choose.
The ceramic goes right over the PPF. I did the entire front clip (full hood, fenders, full bumper area, & mirrors). Also did “A” pillars as they are chip magnets for me.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
The ceramic goes right over the PPF. I did the entire front clip (full hood, fenders, full bumper area, & mirrors). Also did “A” pillars as they are chip magnets for me.
I know I will only do full panels. My mom has a lexus with it on only the front half of the hood and fenders, and you can tell. If it covered the full hood and fender you would never notice.

I am thinking about the rear fenders as well for rock chips from the rear tires, those tires on the Mach 1 HP are wide. and sticky.....and I have a gravel driveway. (Think I'll be paving at least two strips to drive the car on, but its 400+ feet long...

Sponsored

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
I love the Bright Red and looks great when it’s New fresh polished it just pops.

but red seems to get Dull looking and maybe oxidized fast? And does not look very good after time it seems.

If you get a New Race red and have it Polished and put PPF on it. Will it keep it bright and keep that PoP for years to come?

love to see photos and hear what you guys think.

Love Bright cars at PoP I have a Grabber Blue now.
Check out some of these photos. They were taken in the shade after having the front bumper, headlights and side mirrors with PPF. Then had the whole car ceramic (paint, window and rims) coated back in April. Car washes are so much easier and so far the car looks outstanding!!! Make sure you understand what you can and cant do if you ceramic coat your car!!!
19GT350#4 (2).jpg
19GT350#2 (2).jpg

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Check out some of these photos. They were taken in the shade after having the front bumper, headlights and side mirrors with PPF. Then had the whole car ceramic (paint, window and rims) coated back in April. Car washes are so much easier and so far the car looks outstanding!!! Make sure you understand what you can and cant do if you ceramic coat your car!!!
19GT350#4 (2).jpg
19GT350#2 (2).jpg
uh, what can and can't you do?

btw, that car looks great.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I suppose you can always ceramic coat your car if you are that worried about paint fading.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I suppose you can always ceramic coat your car if you are that worried about paint fading.
Not that this is really a problem with your cars, but unless your ceramic has UV inhibitors fading by sunlight could still occur. It would offer protection against oxidation fading though.

Sponsored

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
uh, what can and can't you do?

btw, that car looks great.
Jimmy the only cons are never to wash your car in the sunlight. Water spots are also a concern. So it needs to be dried as soon as you can. I keep mine in the garage but what can you do if your out in the rain. I try to keep a couple of towels with me all the time. But I have found that jump in the car get up to 50 mph and they water just slides right off. The one thing that surprised the most was the treatment on the windows. I don't have to use the wipers as much as I used to. Besides the cost I think it is well worth it. Just find the right person to do the job. I had my windows tinted, front bumper, headlight and side mirrors PPF'd. Then the whole car coated including the windows and rims.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Assuming you’re getting the car brand new, tell the dealership not to take off the protective film and not to wash the car. Then take the car straight to wherever you’re going to get PPF and Ceramic Coating done. The detailer won’t have to paint correct which means you’ll get the car back sooner.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Jimmy the only cons are never to wash your car in the sunlight. Water spots are also a concern. So it needs to be dried as soon as you can. I keep mine in the garage but what can you do if your out in the rain. I try to keep a couple of towels with me all the time. But I have found that jump in the car get up to 50 mph and they water just slides right off. The one thing that surprised the most was the treatment on the windows. I don't have to use the wipers as much as I used to. Besides the cost I think it is well worth it. Just find the right person to do the job. I had my windows tinted, front bumper, headlight and side mirrors PPF'd. Then the whole car coated including the windows and rims.
permanent water spots or just water spots until it gets washed again?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
permanent water spots or just water spots until it gets washed again?
I doubt they are permanent, the effort required to remove is the question.
Everyone knows not to wash a car in direct sun or let the soap stand. Soap down an area and rinse, go to the next. When all done rinse again . Anyone owning a car for more than 5sec knows that .

Hard water will leave spots if car not dried off.

"Magic maintenance free magic coat"

Still washing a car say it ain't true.

Water spots.... run around with towels in trunk in fear of water spots? Never had that happen, low tech paste wax. What happens at work and it rains? Run out of meeting dry the car...... LMAO

Still need to wax the car? Am I the only one reading how ridiculous this sounds ?

Last edited:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
19GT350#4 (2).jpg
19GT350#2 (2).jpg

Wanna trade cars? For a day? Lol
Sponsored