Sponsored

Those who have done rear seat deletes a question.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
How was the noise after? Was it much louder, the same? did you have the B and O stereo. was the stereo sound different since the subs in back? I want to do a rear seat delete not for weight or anything but for looks since my back seats are not used at all. I have already done killmat on the entire back half the car and get told I have the quietest mustang inside when on active quiet mode. if it changes the sound that much IM not sure I want it. but on other hand I was thinking could get the popular CM components kit and then put killmat on back side of the divider between cabin and trunk and then cover that in carpet and I would think that would take the sound down as well.

Basically just curious if the sound is that much louder and did you live with it? mod it to make it quieter or just put the seats back in. again not doing it for weight just looks for me.
Sponsored

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I didn't notice any real increase in volume and I didn't even replace the rear seat with any sort of delete kit since that would have negated some of the weight loss from ditching it.

The seat area is just bare metal and the back rest area is now just a huge gaping hole leading to the trunk.

Additionally, I replaced my exhaust with a Corsa Sport cat-back and the car is quite liveable even in Sport mode. Put it into drive and it is even quieter.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I gutted the whole back half of the interior and it was way louder. But I had cat delete with Roush axlebacks so yeah lol

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Should increase exhaust noise a little especially if you don't have recirc mode on

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would like to see pictures of your rear seat deletes. I do not really care for the design of the Ford Performance Delete kit, I would like to use 1/8 inch plywood and cut a piece to cover the area between the cabin and trunk and cut another piece to cover the floor area. Instead of carpet , I was thinking of spraying felt on the plywood. I would keep the delete kit simple and just have two flat surfaces to deal with ( the trunk piece and floor piece ).

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
If you want simple get LMR's delete kit, it's just some felt-like material that drapes over the hole. Weighs about 12 ounces.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So much louder. I have a custom true dual exhaust. I usually wear earplugs when at the track and both times i've taken it this year after the RSD it's like i'm not wearing earplugs.

Per @Hi-PO Stang 's request, here is a shot. I can get more if needed.
INT.jpg

From outside.
JDP-0203.jpg

I cover the install in this vid, good angles of it after installed. Also pretty straightforward if your looking to do it yourself.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I would like to see pictures of your rear seat deletes. I do not really care for the design of the Ford Performance Delete kit, I would like to use 1/8 inch plywood and cut a piece to cover the area between the cabin and trunk and cut another piece to cover the floor area. Instead of carpet , I was thinking of spraying felt on the plywood. I would keep the delete kit simple and just have two flat surfaces to deal with ( the trunk piece and floor piece ).
The best rear seat delete I have seen is from CM Components. They even customize!

rs=w:360,h:240,cg:true.jpg

rs=w:1300,h:800.jpg

cr=w:360,h:240.jpg

https://thecmcomponents.com

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Those are nice if you don't have a cage. I contemplated getting one myself but opted for the lightweight no-frills option.
Sponsored