Sponsored

Those that owned both: tuned 15-17GT and 18-19GT

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I am driving a 2018 GT Auto tomorrow to see what the hype is all about. Maybe it will be more than I am thinking it will be.
As for pricing of new 2018 GTs, you can get a base with 301A for $27,984 with the rebates. Premium GTs are $30,xxx (with no additional add-ons).
Interesting replies for sure.
unless your driving someplace you can hit the first 3 gears at wot...your not gonna understand
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
LOL!!

Put the A10 car in Sport or track mode and find a ramp that merges on to interstate............

Cant wait to see what you think about the 10 speed.

The A10 is quite different in Sport mode and track mode vs normal.

Even in winter on snow tires I drive mine in sport all the time.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I am driving a 2018 GT Auto tomorrow to see what the hype is all about. Maybe it will be more than I am thinking it will be.
As for pricing of new 2018 GTs, you can get a base with 301A for $27,984 with the rebates. Premium GTs are $30,xxx (with no additional add-ons).
Interesting replies for sure.
If you can get an 18 that cheap. why is this even a discussion? Go buy the best option and be amazed. When you ad a tune to the 10 Speed auto. You’ll never think about your boosted 06 again.

OP
OP

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
The 301A for $27,984 even included the Black Accent Package and for that price a 6 speed manual. I am keeping an open mind on the auto. I'll see what the test drive results in for the auto experience.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My loaded 2018 A10 5.0 premium package was 36k OTD TTL after my 2016 was wrecked.

My 2018 stickers at 42k for MSRP when I got the 18 in Sept.

Deals are out there if you look

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Go 18 plus a10 and don’t look back. Running consistent data proven 11’s stock or just with a tune (anywhere in the country) on FACTORY street tires is just a F’in hoot. :).

Mine was 41,680 list and just under 35k buy. Added 450 tune. Helluva a value imo.

OP
OP

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
So I got to drive the 2018 A10 and I must say the car's engine/tranny combo is fantastic. Definitely something I could get used too and live with easily as a daily driver.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youd never regret it!!

Itll only get better with a tune and more go fast parts!!

Go ahead tell the rest of the non believers the A10 hype is real!!

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I read through these posts and all I can say is only car guys would have arguments like these. Most people would think we had better things in life to argue about.
I bought a 17 Mustang GT 6 speed manual with PP. Wanted the sportier suspension and bigger brakes and radiator, just because.
I was talking to the after market parts guy at the dealership about mods for my car. First thing he said was "you got to get a supercharger... The Coyote was made for a supercharger." A bit stunned I said to him, "Why do I need 700+ HP in this car?"

I had to take my car back to the dealer for install of something they forgot to do. I asked to talk to someone that could answer some questions I had after owning it for a couple of weeks. I had a long list. I went for some free dealership coffee, when I got back to the desk, the service manager was waiting for me. As I walked up he said, "Are you the guy that bought that red race car?"

You know what, those comments actually opened my eyes up.

I own one awesome car. 435 HP, 400 ft lbs of torque. Massive 6 piston Brembo brakes. Aluminum block, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, etc. Sure I can do things to it to make it faster or handle better or... But it is one hell of a car just like it is.
It will out perform all most all the other cars on the street, except maybe a very few.
So I say, don't quibble over 20 hp or time in a quarter mile unless that is your reason for buying it. I bought mine to enjoy driving it. Knowing that it will deliver what I need it to if I decide to get a bit crazy with it. You won't regret buying any of these Mustangs.
By the way, Santa brought me a Steeda "Stop the Hop" kit. When the snow finally stops I am going to....

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I read through these posts and all I can say is only car guys would have arguments like these. Most people would think we had better things in life to argue about.
I bought a 17 Mustang GT 6 speed manual with PP. Wanted the sportier suspension and bigger brakes and radiator, just because.
I was talking to the after market parts guy at the dealership about mods for my car. First thing he said was "you got to get a supercharger... The Coyote was made for a supercharger." A bit stunned I said to him, "Why do I need 700+ HP in this car?"

I had to take my car back to the dealer for install of something they forgot to do. I asked to talk to someone that could answer some questions I had after owning it for a couple of weeks. I had a long list. I went for some free dealership coffee, when I got back to the desk, the service manager was waiting for me. As I walked up he said, "Are you the guy that bought that red race car?"

You know what, those comments actually opened my eyes up.

I own one awesome car. 435 HP, 400 ft lbs of torque. Massive 6 piston Brembo brakes. Aluminum block, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, etc. Sure I can do things to it to make it faster or handle better or... But it is one hell of a car just like it is.
It will out perform all most all the other cars on the street, except maybe a very few.
So I say, don't quibble over 20 hp or time in a quarter mile unless that is your reason for buying it. I bought mine to enjoy driving it. Knowing that it will deliver what I need it to if I decide to get a bit crazy with it. You won't regret buying any of these Mustangs.
By the way, Santa brought me a Steeda "Stop the Hop" kit. When the snow finally stops I am going to....
I totally agree with you and I think you've got the right attitude.

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
435whp is meh

Mine with 900+ is.... meh

Riding in a friends that's 1200+ is... sh@t that's moving now
Sponsored