Sponsored

This is the worst OEM audio system I ever owned?

OP
OP

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT 6spd, 2019 GT PP1 A10
Does any one have the codes which need to be changed through forscan? I think I am just going to take my 19GT 9 speaker car to my Ford dealership and ask them to make the adjustments to the stereo codes. I didn't realize I would have to purchase $600 forscan code to make these changes. Thank you
Don’t bother. The service writers would have no clue what you’d be taking about. The electronics tech, yes, but the front office staff would look at you with a crooked head.🤪
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
This is the OBDII Link I purchased. It’s nice having Bluetooth so I don’t have to be inside the car and I can also leave it installed to monitor vehicle systems with my phone or iPad.
A5780F06-5841-456D-8E72-15BD6BB7133D.png

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Weird, def something else going on there it seems. I remember seeing in a post from the F150 forum, where most of this all originates from, saying the 01, 02, 00, etc.. were all different EQ preset settings. Also, I thought the sensor beep was a separate setting to move it to the speaker in the cluster. Mine is not like that. Perhaps some other settings were modified somehow? Or model year change in the as built settings.
I've changed nothing other than the code line you mentioned. I'm the original owner of the car so I doubt something else was changed prior to me buying it. I have the 401A tech package and my build date was Feb 2019.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Can you tell me if the OBDII links you get off am
zon have the forscan software with them?
I bought the same one from Amazon that's picture in post #95 in this thread. It's the type that switches automatically and it's what Forscan recommended. I'm in Canada and I think I paid $80 for it.

Forscan is a little confusing to figure out. It's really an online community that developed the software to do this. The website is hard to navigate for a newbe. You have to search online to find a data base for the code lines you need to change. That is scary for me because I don't know anything about auto electronics and you're basically taking the word of some unknown person these changes won't screw up your car. That's why I changed things back to the original settings once I didn't hear any difference in the sound. Better safe than sorry, but everyone else say they hear a big difference in the sound.

Lastly, I've renewed the 2 month license a couple times. There doesn't appear to be any limit to how many times you can do that. I just sent in the request and within a couple hours I received another unlock key.

OP
OP

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
This is the OBDII Link I purchased. It’s nice having Bluetooth so I don’t have to be inside the car and I can also leave it installed to monitor vehicle systems with my phone or iPad.
A5780F06-5841-456D-8E72-15BD6BB7133D.png
I used this one for my previous mustang. Great unit for reading but if you plan to write to the vehicle, I would 100% recommend using a corded(usb) interface. More stable and less of a chance of bricking something.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have never paid 600,-- $ for a temporary license with ForScan.
forscan is free. I bought 20 dollar 4 year license bc I was tired of always registering lol

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I used this one for my previous mustang. Great unit for reading but if you plan to write to the vehicle, I would 100% recommend using a corded(usb) interface. More stable and less of a chance of bricking something.
yeag agreed. I sold my forscan adapter plug in here on the forum when sold mustang

but I kept the adapter wireless I think it’s wonderful, I’ve already helped fix other cars etc I pay the 10 per vehicle we have for advanced features

imo get it on sale and enjoy. I paid70 for mine

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
forscan is free. I bought 20 dollar 4 year license bc I was tired of always registering lol
Hi. Is this the invitation Code I need to right in this block: Please enter the invitation code:

dogteam7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary LE
What’s sad about this is I actually owned a 2011 GT with the Shaker 1000 system. That system was way better that my 2015 GT!
Why couldn’t they have just used the same set up!!!! One step forward…..two steps back!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Never update firmware or operating system via a non wired link. It’s asking for trouble.

Sponsored
OP
OP

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
What’s sad about this is I actually owned a 2011 GT with the Shaker 1000 system. That system was way better that my 2015 GT!
Why couldn’t they have just used the same set up!!!! One step forward…..two steps back!
I know everyone says that you shouldn't be too concerned about stereo sound in a GT, but I love my music and look for any opportunity to crank it up at ear splitting levels. With this system, that won't happen. The upgrade options aren't plentiful either. My base KIA minivan has a much better sounding system. Thats not saying much.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I rented a 2019 Fusion Hybrid SE and it had a great factory stereo with crisp highs and some "feel it" bass.

On the other hand, my 2018 GT350 sound system sounded like they didn't even try at all. So absolutely flat and underwhelming like an old AM radio.

OP
OP

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Never update firmware or operating system via a non wired link. It’s asking for trouble.
Companies like HP Tuners has pretty much made reading and writing tunes, over Bluetooth and wifi, the standard. Their app is very intuitive, and they make it very user friendly. I'm a little old fashion when it comes to transferring critical data over wire, but after spending a good amount of time with HP customer service, they assured me that there are failsafe's, and if there is any interruption in the flow of data, it won't brick my ECU. Everything seems to work out ok. Still nervous about it though.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I rented a 2019 Fusion Hybrid SE and it had a great factory stereo with crisp highs and some "feel it" bass.

On the other hand, my 2018 GT350 sound system sounded like they didn't even try at all. So absolutely flat and underwhelming like an old AM radio.
Yep, my wife and I have owned 3 Fusion Hybrids. My current daily is the second one we owned, a 2014. Music sounds wayyy better in that car than in my Mustang before I dropped a grand on upgrading it... Should not have had to have done that. Same with the OEM system in my F-150 - sounds good as is.

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I really didn't want to change anything about my 2015 GT PP (non-premium), but I have to add a subwoofer, new front speakers, and two amps, if not more.

It's just not tolerable with the stock stereo.

The engine sounds amazing with long tubes, h pipe, high flow cats, cat back, CAI, intake manifold. But it's still not as nice as a decent stereo when you're tired of the engine noises on a 3 hour trip.
Imagine being stuck with the 2016 base 6-speaker system (actually yours may be the same). It literally had paper cones, like old school paper, not even pressed pulp. The foam surrounds blew out within 40k miles. Keep in mind, if you want to upgrade the head unit, you're looking at a $300 install kit, cutting out the dash behind the radio, and hours of frustration. I'm going down that road now, and it's not fun.
If you're planning to run multiple amps, I definitely would not do it on a line out converter. You need a head unit with RCA outputs.
Sponsored