Sponsored

This is the worst OEM audio system I ever owned?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I guess I have crappy ears, mine sounds great. Understand though I've been around jets for about 30 years, so take it with a grain of salt.

Richard
My chimp 6 speaker system sounds great to me too. Bass is non existent but I don't mind that at all.
Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Sirius is garbage for sound quality. To playing spotify instead.
SiriusXM actually sounds great depending on the vehicle but I agree it was complete shit sounding in the stang for some reason.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Your 9 speaker may suck but your 8 Cylinder sound system under the hood is world renowned.
And that's why I bought the car. Wish I could have ordered it radio delete.

In the seven years I've owned mine, I've had the sound system on a handful of times. I don't know if it sounds like trash or not, honestly. What's in my '19 F150 is garbage for sure.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I listen to AM talk 99% of the time. The stock system is just fine.......

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Thanks for your time to chime in guys. I’m almost willing to just live with this shitty sound for the sake of not having to tear apart my interior and cut/splice wires. I don’t care what anyone says, even if Jesus himself did an extensive audio overhaul, things are just never the same. Panel clips break, the speakers you want are never just drop in’s, splices are what they are and can be an open door to issues if not done right. I know I sound pessimistic, but even with using highly reputable shops, there were always issues with my installs.
I’ll research the Forscan fix. Unless there’s a plug n play fix, I’ll just enjoy the beautiful sound of my Coyote.
I love good audio. But you’re 100% correct. Once you start screwing around with stuff it’s never the same again.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The only reason I would go with a base stereo is because I was planning to upgrade it. Back in my younger days, I would install a nice head unit with ADS amps and speakers. Today I want the features that Sync has to offer and once I used the settings recommended in another thread for the B & O system, I am happy with the sound.

Also since the very beginning of satellite radio, the sound quality from the Sirius satellites (that Ford uses) has been worse than from the XM satellites. Sirius compressed the signal much more than XM.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Not that this matters, but I am very impressed with my Shaker Pro audio. Fills the cabin nicely, and just enough bottom end/highs to keep me content. Staging/imaging is well placed also.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
i have the package with the subwoofer in the trunk and checked the Forscan thing, Forscan was already set according to the guy in the video. My stereo is pretty decent for a sound novice, and its loud.

https://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10287

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I thought that my 9 speaker, 301A equipped 2019 GT PP2 would have a little better sound coming out of it. My wife's Sedona sounds 110% better than this. Sirius and FM sound horrible. Streaming from my phone sounds a tad better. Of all the vehicles I've owned, I've never been able to max out the volume without the sound distorting. In this car, I can crank the volume all the way up and it just sounds like something is holding it back. Almost like its by design. I know Ford has never been known for their sound systems, but this is pitiful. Is there an electronic limiter on this? Being that the head unit is more of an infotainment center, I don't think changing it out is an option. What is it that's holding it back?
This 9-speaker system in my 18 Ecoboost Premium has been the biggest disappointment to me, too. I considered it the mid-grade option, but it pales in comparison with same/similar systems in my 18 Fusion and 18 F-150. I don't need high end, and I'm completely satisfied with the sound in my other two vehicles.

I may try a speaker upgrade, at least the mids in the doors. Maybe disconnect the center and make the Forscan changes, too. If all that makes a difference, I may add a powered subwoofer, too.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I also have the 301A on my '21 GT as well as the PP on my '17 Eco before....it bothered me a lot when I had the Eco, but with the GT it doesn't bud me anymore. And I'm not saying this to be douchy, but the V8 sound makes up for it, and I find myself listening to that more than music

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My car is in the shop and my rental is a nissan Altima. This has the worst audio system I have ever had to endure. The bass is so over powering it is painful to listen to any music. Just booming and this is with the bass cranked way down.

When I hear E1 or B0 on a bass guitar I want it crisp and clear, not boomy and muddy.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Yea, the default 'premium' speaker system on the Mach is downright embarrassingly bad. Definitely adds to the aggravation of paying a premium price on the car for an audio system like that + all of the "special" quality issues that come from buying Ford.

The V8 makes everything worthwhile.

I've debated about having a reputable company work on mine, but I'm with the OP in that there seems to be too much potential for electrical gremlins to warrant improving the sound when I so seldom listen to the radio.
Sponsored