Sponsored

This is the worst OEM audio system I ever owned?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Can you tell me exactly what you changed with Forscan? As I mentioned in my earlier reply in this thread I've made this change twice and neither time could I tell any difference. Maybe I haven't changed the correct line, so I'd be willing to try it a third time if it really makes a difference. Thanks.
Just to clarify, you have the 9 speaker system? It’s been shown a few times here and there that the B&O system already has the modification from the factory. So you would be changing nothing in that case. I did the modification in my 9 speaker car and it was an obvious change. This is what I have in my notes and what I followed:

***Remove bass roll-off from head unit: There is one code to change in module 727:

***727-01-02 00xx

***First two digits we want set to 0. This disables any EQ Processing, bass roll-off etc. (tone controls will still function as normal)
And then write the new info to the car, then the head unit will reset and then it should be good to go.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Just to clarify, you have the 9 speaker system? It’s been shown a few times here and there that the B&O system already has the modification from the factory. So you would be changing nothing in that case. I did the modification in my 9 speaker car and it was an obvious change. This is what I have in my notes and what I followed:

And then write the new info to the car, then the head unit will reset and then it should be good to go.
Yes ,y 19 GT Premium has the 9 speaker system. I am installing two JL10" in a non ported sub box next week. Do you remember what setting changes you made?. I will have to navigate as a novice on this forscan software for I have not done this before.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport

Yes I have the 9 speaker system. But what seems to be unique to my car (from posts I've read here) is my as built code was 727-01-02 02xx where everyone else who's posted theirs read 727-01-02 01xx.
Aside from what I've read here I know nothing about Forscan or anything about the electronics of the car. When I made the change the only thing I noticed was the beeping from the backup sensors stopped coming through the rear speakers and came from what sounded like a buzzer under the dash. Once I changed it back to the as built code the beeping returned to the rear speakers. I much preferred the buzzer under the dash.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That’s it. I’m kinda pressed for time right now, but I’m going to try to write up a procedure through my experience with this. There are tons “just do this/just do that” posts but not many with a comprehensive walk through. I’ll try to do that. I did hours of research and compiled instructions through multiple sources. I hope to put all of this together.
That would be awesome!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Which forscan did you get?

Which one? There is only one Forscan softwae that I know of. Are you talking about the datalink? I got the one recommended in the Forscan forums. This one..

Interface

ex_store_image.jpg

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes I have the 9 speaker system. But what seems to be unique to my car (from posts I've read here) is my as built code was 727-01-02 02xx where everyone else who's posted theirs read 727-01-02 01xx.
Aside from what I've read here I know nothing about Forscan or anything about the electronics of the car. When I made the change the only thing I noticed was the beeping from the backup sensors stopped coming through the rear speakers and came from what sounded like a buzzer under the dash. Once I changed it back to the as built code the beeping returned to the rear speakers. I much preferred the buzzer under the dash.
Weird, def something else going on there it seems. I remember seeing in a post from the F150 forum, where most of this all originates from, saying the 01, 02, 00, etc.. were all different EQ preset settings. Also, I thought the sensor beep was a separate setting to move it to the speaker in the cluster. Mine is not like that. Perhaps some other settings were modified somehow? Or model year change in the as built settings.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes ,y 19 GT Premium has the 9 speaker system. I am installing two JL10" in a non ported sub box next week. Do you remember what setting changes you made?. I will have to navigate as a novice on this forscan software for I have not done this before.
It’s up there in my post that you quoted. I was a novice as well, but I can find my way around most software just fine. I did a lot of reading about how forscan works and watched a few YouTube videos first, though. Didn’t want to go in completely blind.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
EQ Settings in the ACM almost don’t matter if you circumvent the stock amplifier. This was tested a while back from jdunk54nl in a F150 forum with RTA measurements.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/head-unit-measurments-forscan-changes-high-level-vs-low-level-467373/

As long as you have one of the „flat“ codes you‘re good to go.
Please note that the measurements taken are with the fixed line output of the Sony systems in jdunk54nls F-150.
The signal in the Mustang, when set to „00“ with ForScan, has a variable bass boost that starts at volume level 17 and below.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Can you tell me if the OBDII links you get off am
zon have the forscan software with them?
Which one? There is only one Forscan softwae that I know of. Are you talking about the datalink? I got the one recommended in the Forscan forums. This one..

Interface

ex_store_image.jpg

[/QUOTE

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Does any one have the codes which need to be changed through forscan? I think I am just going to take my 19GT 9 speaker car to my Ford dealership and ask them to make the adjustments to the stereo codes. I didn't realize I would have to purchase $600 forscan code to make these changes. Thank you

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I have never paid 600,-- $ for a temporary license with ForScan.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have never paid 600,-- $ for a temporary license with ForScan.
Well I tried the Forscan Forum org and it would not let me register. I looked this up and other forums say the sight is closed? Dont know any more than that. I just want to see if reduing some of the stereo codes brings a little life to my 9 speaker system.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't like the sound system why not go out and get an aftermarket set up that you will like, instead of complaining about it. Then come back and brag on a positive note how good your new system sounds.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Well I tried the Forscan Forum org and it would not let me register. I looked this up and other forums say the sight is closed? Dont know any more than that. I just want to see if reduing some of the stereo codes brings a little life to my 9 speaker system.
I can still login there. Cannot see anything that registration is closed. Will check later again.

OP
OP

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT 6spd, 2019 GT PP1 A10
Can you tell me if the OBDII links you get off am
zon have the forscan software with them?
Get the one that I got. Scroll up a bit and you’ll see it. It’s a bit cheaper than the one you pictured and worked great for me. The Forscan software is free and you can get a free two month license. If you want to extend the license, it’s not that much. The Forscan site is not the easiest to navigate so take your time with it. Like I said, I’m going to try to do a tutorial based on my experience with it.
Sponsored