Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I called Calimer the other day to discuss transmission options and he said with the Magneride and rev matching we are stuck with the MT82. If that's true then going to a Mach 1 has more appeal. Then again if Ford can match the Tremec with Magneride and rev matching in the Mach 1 I would think there would be an option. Although on track the rev matching was inconsistent for me so I had to go back to heel-n-toe.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Although on track the rev matching was inconsistent for me so I had to go back to heel-n-toe.
That doesn't sound right. I haven't tracked my car, but my car rev-matches to perfection every time, at any revs, so it shouldn't be any different at the track. Or are you exceeding the stock redline with a tune? That's the only reason I can think of if nothing else is wrong. Or an issue with the tune, or transmission modification. Or maybe doing it too quickly? Curious when you seeing 'inconsistencies' :).

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Or maybe doing it too quickly? Curious when you seeing 'inconsistencies' :).
I don't see any conceivable way he could be shifting faster than a computer and electronically controlled throttle can respond.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
That doesn't sound right. I haven't tracked my car, but my car rev-matches to perfection every time, at any revs, so it shouldn't be any different at the track. Or are you exceeding the stock redline with a tune? That's the only reason I can think of if nothing else is wrong. Or an issue with the tune, or transmission modification. Or maybe doing it too quickly? Curious when you seeing 'inconsistencies' :).
On the street I never have a problem with rev matching. On the track at speed with hard braking and a down shift it wouldn't always rev match. No tune.

I don't see any conceivable way he could be shifting faster than a computer and electronically controlled throttle can respond.
Correct :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Inconsistent rev-matching could go either way, and perhaps if you don't downshift as fast as the ARM expects you to do, the engine falls off of the rpm the ARM blips the engine to. Or it won't rev-match to what a much slower speed would require.

Seems to me that when you have two independent entities controlling different parts of the same overall task, there's always going to be the chance of them not being in step with each other.

Norm

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
with the tiny caveat that there is any practical let alone legal ownership of ICE permitted in 10-15 years. My spidy sense is that if ownership is not outright banned except for display purposes, the gas if not more likely registration taxes will be severe and thus 'cost to own' will obliterate any pipe dreams about transportation equipment values.

It's the same in housing. The 300,000 home value plummets when the state/county raise taxes. The 'value' of the house doesn't change as such - the wood, plaster and sheetmetal identifying as appliances didn't really change but the affordability did. Same thing the other way. That $300k house is over 500 today only because the mortgage rates are 3% even on NINJA. Reassert 7-10% interest rates and the value will crater to $200k. Again, no material change in the 'value' of the ingredients but rather (un)affordability to own.
You are kidding yourself if you think banning ICE cars in 10-15 years or the availability of gas is much different at that point as it is now. It will take at least another 10 to 20 years after any bans like CA's go into effect before gas becomes very difficult or illegal to buy/use. There will still be hundreds of millions of ICE cars on the road 20 years from now. The only way to change this and make what you say come true is if they can get parity on cost with used cars. More used cars are bought than new and will drive the need for gas 20 or more years from now. I will say that ICE cars will become rare 50 years from now and probably will only be used for special purposes....extremely unlikely in 10-15.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
You are kidding yourself if you think banning ICE cars in 10-15 years or the availability of gas is much different at that point as it is now. It will take at least another 10 to 20 years after any bans like CA's go into effect before gas becomes very difficult or illegal to buy/use. There will still be hundreds of millions of ICE cars on the road 20 years from now. The only way to change this and make what you say come true is if they can get parity on cost with used cars. More used cars are bought than new and will drive the need for gas 20 or more years from now. I will say that ICE cars will become rare 50 years from now and probably will only be used for special purposes....extremely unlikely in 10-15.
The thing is, California's Executive Order is not a law or a ban. It is Gavin Newsome telling California's regulatory agencies to figure out what it would take to achieve such a ban. They very well could come back with an opinion that the plan is undoable, or at least with significant modifications to what Newsome is trying to accomplish. For instance, Newsome's EO targets new vehicle sales in California. It does not impact used car sales. Which means dealers in Nevada can expect their business to increase significantly for Certified Pre-Owned. That's just one of several truck sized holes in the logic of the EO.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The thing is, California's Executive Order is not a law or a ban. It is Gavin Newsome telling California's regulatory agencies to figure out what it would take to achieve such a ban. They very well could come back with an opinion that the plan is undoable, or at least with significant modifications to what Newsome is trying to accomplish. For instance, Newsome's EO targets new vehicle sales in California. It does not impact used car sales. Which means dealers in Nevada can expect their business to increase significantly for Certified Pre-Owned. That's just one of several truck sized holes in the logic of the EO.
Yes, agreed, I was just commenting on what Shogun mentioned.
Sponsored