Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little confused about this appearance package from this latest article on motor1.com.
Doesn't the standard Mach 1 without the AP come with the black sticker on hood and down the side with either a red or white accent stripe depending on color choice? Thats how I read the order guide and how I ordered my black Mach 1 i'm hoping.
" The Appearance Package will be $1,000. It'll let buyers pick from red, white, or orange accent stripes and black stripes on the hood and side of the body. The option will also provide access to the Fighter Jet Gray exterior color. "
The Motor1 information is incorrect. The car comes standard with stripes in either black/white or black/red. The appearance package is Fighter Jet Gray with black/orange stripes ONLY
Sponsored

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I'm a little confused about this appearance package from this latest article on motor1.com.
Doesn't the standard Mach 1 without the AP come with the black sticker on hood and down the side with either a red or white accent stripe depending on color choice? Thats how I read the order guide and how I ordered my black Mach 1 i'm hoping.
" The Appearance Package will be $1,000. It'll let buyers pick from red, white, or orange accent stripes and black stripes on the hood and side of the body. The option will also provide access to the Fighter Jet Gray exterior color. "
Pretty sure Motor1 is wrong on that one and you are correct

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
some numpty journo who can't even spell appearance mis-represented what he was told. Most likely. If 2020 has taught us anything, journalists aren't even half-decent scribes.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, thanks for talking me off the ledge here...lol

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
came out today it seems, at least according to C&D, they specifically said that Ford has now decided to make the auto an option with the HP. Im still gonna stick with the stick, but I like to see options for people who want HP and auto.

No shit? That's pretty huge news:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34425184/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-handling-pack-priced/

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37145...ffered-with-an-automatic-due-to-strong-demand

With how they said the A10 was beefed up, and cooling improved in the Mach I implementation, I was kind of bummed it wasn't available with the HP.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If 2-pistons keep locking the rear, what's the point of using a 4-piston with an even lighter touch?
You can have exactly the same braking force with both calipers. And as mentioned, the larger ones would be more fade resistant (yes, probably unnecessary). And more importantly, look immensely better. It's like a skinny woman getting her tits done, and leaving her flat ass the same. Doesn't look good, or 'balanced'. Ha ha.

I'm a function over form guy, so I'd never upgrade the rear calipers because they're not needed. But our cars are almost the only ones with big Brembos upfront, and crappy single calipers at the back. I said 'almost', because I also saw a BMW with the same setup. All other cars I've seen with 6-piston calipers in front, have at least 4 at the back. Those cheapo single piston calipers at the rear look like crap. The main reason they're left there is to save money on a separate caliper for the parking brake IMO.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Smaller rear brake calipers = less unsprung weight for better handling.
Smaller =/= lighter

Id guess the calipers on the GT350 are lighter due to their monoblock design, but I KNOW the GT350 rotors are lighter due to the 2 piece design with aluminum hat vs the all steel GT rotor (plus, the GT rear rotors are inverted hat rotors which are just awful)

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It was already stated but the Bullit was a PP1 car, not a PP2.

If you look at the PP2 base for 2019 of $49,100 and just add 3 coolers for about $2000, you are almost to $51K with no other changes. Add the $1200 gas guzzler to kick the base to $52,300. Also add the $1600 Power Pack for the 20 hp more to push us to $54K roughly.

I could see add-ons prices being:

Handling Package (already listed) - $2,000
Recaro or leather $1600+
B&O sound system $1000
Automatic $1850 - (Current is $1600 but they are offering upgrades to that)
security or anti theft $400
Smart and Safe $1000
Active Valve exhaust $900

So fully loaded with these prices largely taken form the 2020 GT puts the top end without the carpets and odds and ends at

With Handling Package
Manual: $60,900 with everything (Handling pack at $2,000)

If you do not want the handling package, take off $2K but if you want a track car, I would expect it to be there.

Automatic: $60,750 with everything
Manual: $58,900 with everything

That puts it right in line with a GT350.

I know a few guys who wanted the GT350 to have the 12 inch digital dash. this may have it in response to the GT350 not having it.

I can see the car having a base of about $55,000 now that I looked up what a PP2 base price is and adding what I believe are standard 3 coolers.

Adding coolers to my PP2 and the Power Package still seems like a steel to get very close to what this is, performance wise. I buy cars with steering wheels because I like to turn. I am one who does not really care about straight line speed. Put a car on a twisty track and let's see how it does. By the way, The PP2 did beat the PP1 auto on the track (https://www.cars.com/articles/mustang-vs-mustang-fords-performance-packages-tested-1420700897178/). Manuals do have their place.

Revised handling package price to $4K
Revised Handling Package to $ 2,000 and changed price for the larger coolers to $2,000 instead of $3,900
removed the option for HP on the auto

Wow was I close for estimates.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34425184/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-handling-pack-priced/

They stated in the article that with the HP, the Mach 1 HP would be
Manual: $56,415
Auto: $58,010

Off by about $2K is not bad for a guy with no marketing nor sales experience!!! Of course if you add the appearance package that gets you even closer to my estimates.

So at these prices, who will buy a Mach 1 HP in their desired tranny?

Frank

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to know why Ford is charging $500 for Red color over black Brembos. Is it because they are painting them or are they a different model?

Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I owned the 03 Mach and absolutely loved it, but I think I'm gonna sit this one out. Optioned the way I want it would push 60k w/ tax, delivery, etc. I hope it does well selling, but I'm gonna hold for the S650. My guess is that the Shelby in some 350 variations will make its return then. Sign me up...

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Smaller =/= lighter

Id guess the calipers on the GT350 are lighter due to their monoblock design, but I KNOW the GT350 rotors are lighter due to the 2 piece design with aluminum hat vs the all steel GT rotor (plus, the GT rear rotors are inverted hat rotors which are just awful)
Isn't it just the regular GT rotors that are inverted hats? PP cars (1 and 2) have good (but heavy) rotors. That's one reason to jump into at least PP1 for a track car. Though you can find decent brakes for cheaper especially with the price jump PP1 took.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't it just the regular GT rotors that are inverted hats? PP cars (1 and 2) have good (but heavy) rotors. That's one reason to jump into at least PP1 for a track car. Though you can find decent brakes for cheaper especially with the price jump PP1 took.
They have good *FRONT* rotors. The rear rotors are the same inverted hat as the base model. The GT350 gets standard 2 piece rotors

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
They have good *FRONT* rotors. The rear rotors are the same inverted hat as the base model. The GT350 gets standard 2 piece rotors
Oh duh, every time I've looked up rotors the rears are the same for all but Shelby cars.
Sponsored