This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Tbh, I don’t think the Mach 1 is all that bad. I DO wish that Ford would’ve done some top end work to push the engine to 8k RPM (which probably would’ve achieved that 500hp mark with the GT350 intake that so many crave), but ultimately, the 460hp in the standard GT or the 480 in the Bullitt is plenty of power, it’s just neutered by the awful gear ratios of the MT82D4. With the Mach 1 having the A10 or TR3160 available, I think that’ll more than make up for the 20hp. Doing the math, it seems with the new gearing in the manual, the Mach 1 will have an extra 20hp at every shift point over the Bullitt (I’ll post a picture of my work, it’s just a rough guesstimate looking at dyno sheets, but it should be on average another 20hp every shift) which should make it feel like it has another 20hp over the Bullitt

D9059F38-2D5C-48D4-A4E9-655CFC0D1EF8.jpeg

As for Voodoo Gen 2, all signs point to Ford’s initial intentions being to discontinue the GT350 for 2018, so I can understand why they didnt
What final drive did you use 3.73 or 3.94?

The reason I ask is that, in the HP edition running 305/30 tires it will change the gearing to be 3.94 so you will get an little extra kick from that as well. That is why the PP2 is 0.2 sec faster than a GT PP1 MT6 or regular GT.

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Thanks for the update. i was on the fence with the manual Mach 1 with the HP. Not know more, i am in now. waiting on my dealer to call me back now.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What final drive did you use 3.73 or 3.94?

The reason I ask is that, in the HP edition running 305/30 tires it will change the gearing to be 3.94 so you will get an little extra kick from that as well. That is why the PP2 is 0.2 sec faster than a GT PP1 MT6 or regular GT.
That was just comparing both cars with the 3.73 rear gears and 275/40/19 tires (Bullitt vs Base Mach 1). The HP will have even more advantage, and now that we know it can be paired with an automatic, the acceleration from that will be pretty insane. My guess is 11.6

Last edited:

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Maybe we can all start complaining louder that we want Brembos on the rear of the car too... and we’ll get them lol

But in all seriousness it should at least be an option especially if just pulled from the GT350’s Bin

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
That was just comparing both cars with the 3.73 rear gears and 275/40/19 tires (Bullitt vs Base Mach 1). The HP will have even more advantage, and now that we know it can be paired with a manual, the acceleration from that will be pretty insane. My guess is 11.6
I presume you meant "now that we know it can be paired with an automatic." I'm curious if the auto will be able to hold up to road race conditions. I do enjoy rowing my own gears but I keep saying if the auto will hold up it makes a great jack of all trades vehicle (Street, Strip, Track).

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That was just comparing both cars with the 3.73 rear gears and 275/40/19 tires (Bullitt vs Base Mach 1). The HP will have even more advantage, and now that we know it can be paired with a manual, the acceleration from that will be pretty insane. My guess is 11.6
only the HP will get the PP2 wheels which will have smaller diameter wheels for the higher ratio (3.94) rear end. Yes, it is a 3.73 but changing the diameter affects the ratio too.

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Most of the braking force comes from the front wheels. You don't want to shift the brake bias to the rear in a RWD car. Unless it's purely for looks, in which case you can go buy some stickers for your calipers :like:
I hear you, would be nice to have 6 pistons front and 4 in the rear. Still keeping the bias to the front but increasing braking

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you, would be nice to have 6 pistons front and 4 in the rear. Still keeping the bias to the front but increasing braking
you keep acting like there is more rear braking to be had. If 2-pistons keep locking the rear, what's the point of using a 4-piston with an even lighter touch?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
you keep acting like there is more rear braking to be had. If 2-pistons keep locking the rear, what's the point of using a 4-piston with an even lighter touch?
'cause they look cooler!

actually, that could be one reason, less heat generated from a 4 piston, less fade. So could work better when tracking the car. but generally, rear brakes aren't the ones with fade issues normally.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I presume you meant "now that we know it can be paired with an automatic." I'm curious if the auto will be able to hold up to road race conditions. I do enjoy rowing my own gears but I keep saying if the auto will hold up it makes a great jack of all trades vehicle (Street, Strip, Track).
Your presumption is correct haha

Most of the braking force comes from the front wheels. You don't want to shift the brake bias to the rear in a RWD car. Unless it's purely for looks, in which case you can go buy some stickers for your calipers :like:
The increased rear brake bias might prove a more unstable rear end under braking (See; GT350) but it would also offer more consistent braking/pad wear with less pad knockback and would make pad replacement easier... and yes, would DEFINITELY look better

only the HP will get the PP2 wheels which will have smaller diameter wheels for the higher ratio (3.94) rear end. Yes, it is a 3.73 but changing the diameter affects the ratio too.
I think we’re saying the same thing here...

What I’m saying is that my calculations were done assuming the same rear gear ratio, which is the case between the base Mach 1 and the Bullitt (since they use the same exact tires). The HP Mach 1 will have even shorter gearing due to the shorter rear tire diameter, and now that we know it can be equipped with an auto, it’ll probably put down killer acceleration times

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
The HP is available on the auto? I wasn't sure
came out today it seems, at least according to C&D, they specifically said that Ford has now decided to make the auto an option with the HP. Im still gonna stick with the stick, but I like to see options for people who want HP and auto.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
came out today it seems, at least according to C&D, they specifically said that Ford has now decided to make the auto an option with the HP. Im still gonna stick with the stick, but I like to see options for people who want HP and auto.
I will admit I liked the exclusivity to a manual but good for them.

I wish all the auto guys good luck and success with the HP platform. I would love to see all versions of a Mustang be seen in a more reliable light.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little confused about this appearance package from this latest article on motor1.com.
Doesn't the standard Mach 1 without the AP come with the black sticker on hood and down the side with either a red or white accent stripe depending on color choice? Thats how I read the order guide and how I ordered my black Mach 1 i'm hoping.
" The Appearance Package will be $1,000. It'll let buyers pick from red, white, or orange accent stripes and black stripes on the hood and side of the body. The option will also provide access to the Fighter Jet Gray exterior color. "
Sponsored