This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Man, I REALLY hope the HP car being more limited isn’t true. That’s really the only one I’m interested in, and I’m selling my 2018 tomorrow to fund it
Take a deep, deep breath. We do not know anything yet. That said you should, if you haven’t already, start talking to all of the dealers in your area.
Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Take a deep, deep breath. We do not know anything yet. That said you should, if you haven’t already, start talking to all of the dealers in your area.
And don’t get frustrated if the dealerships done know anything about the Mach 1. Out of the 30+ dealerships that I contacted, less than 10 even knew what it was. Also, smaller family owned dealerships are more likely to deal. It’s a quick turn for them that increases sales numbers, but they don’t have to pay to store a car on their lot.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Within 6 months of the cars flooding the dealerships, the price will drop for the wise dealers. Except for the Shelbys, and some of those dealerships are selling this very limited car under msrp new. It is always the folks that can't wait a few months that pay the premium. But, then, this is common for most new stuff, be it a car, cell phone, flat screen tv, etc.

The reason I paid 5700 under stick for a Bullitt in March of '19 was because I was patient and contact 20 dealerships. I gave them a price I wanted to pay and it is either a "yes" or a "no". Asking a dealership what discount they will give is a very poor negotiating tactic. Find the price you are willing to pay NOW and present it. To negotiate this way you need to do your homework which does NOT include you knowing the "invoice price". That is complete nonsense and I have purchased many cars way under "invoice" and the salesman was always compensated.
Spot on. Know what you want to pay and let the dealer either say “no” or figure out how to get it. When I bought my car I had originally planned to buy it cash in March 2017. Not a Mustang, but definitely a special edition, restricted volume car. Saw one on my dealer’s showroom floor with a red ribbon on it in January 2017. My salesperson asked what it would take to get me to take it home that day. I told him 0% financing, since I was planning on paying cash in two months. He said the car would be gone by then so I should buy this one. I replied that if I couldn’t get 0%, I already knew where every one of them was in the state of Michigan and northern Ohio (not a bluff. I did know). He came back with an offer to drop the price low enough that if I made a $15k down payment, he could get me 2%, 72 month financing on the balance, resulting in the same total cash outlay as if I bought at 0%. Boom! Done deal!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Asking a dealership what discount they will give is a very poor negotiating tactic. Find the price you are willing to pay NOW and present it.
Remember you're doing THEM a favor by buying the car. "I thought you wanted to sell that car to me today, or are you in the business of collecting them on your lots?" By the time the Mach1 hits showroom floors the economy will still be going nowhere and might even be worse. There was a temporary glitch back in early 2019 with PP2 availability but the supply chain caught up. This car isn't a Mach1 per se, it's just PP2 v2. Come Jan/Feb 2021 I expect dealers will be treating it just like any other GT.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to have the GT500 but given the prices for an imported on to Europe and not having a warranty....

I would not spec the GTS with much more than what it comes with stock. Maybe the seats + something else apart from that not much would be needed for me.

Funny, so have I, in lieu of a GT500. At least I know what I'll get in terms of quality with the P-car. The options sure add up though.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have asked. Let's see if they will reply on that. Let's cross our finger that the HP-version will be available
Do we know if will be the full beans version ie handling/perfomance pack etc ? Or only the base model?

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Man, I REALLY hope the HP car being more limited isn’t true. That’s really the only one I’m interested in, and I’m selling my 2018 tomorrow to fund it
Interesting move here. You have a '18 Kona Blue GT. Is "opportunity cost" worth it in your situation ?

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I called my dealer yesterday and they seem to think ordering will open up in October with a late q1 delivery. I asked about ADM and he wasn't sure if they would. He said they have done it in the past on the gt500 and their markup was about $500...so dumb

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't see why a handling package would be a limited car. It's not like its drastically different from the regular Mach 1. I would take information from anyone in Sales with a grain of salt.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't see why a handling package would be a limited car. It's not like its drastically different from the regular Mach 1. I would take information from anyone in Sales with a grain of salt.
It's all about ordering the unique parts for the HP. Ford will figure out a sales plan based on past packages (GT350/GT350R, PP1/PP2, etc. to determine the ratio between base and HP cars. That will be the limiting factor.

Sponsored

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
ended up calling my contact at one of our dealers here where i live. he is talking to his manager tomorrow and see if i can get a hp at MSRP. fingers crossed guys!!!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I have asked. Let's see if they will reply on that. Let's cross our finger that the HP-version will be available
Lets hope so, the base model is too similar in looks to the Bullit (with the rims etc) for my liking

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
One way of looking at is here is :
How many non HP Mach 1’s can be shifted in Europe at £60k or equivalent in euros?
Answer=approx zero

How many HP cars can be shifted in the same market at the same price?
Answer=very few....

Solution... offer zero rate financing and big dealer deposit payments. Ie negative ADM’s

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
And don’t get frustrated if the dealerships done know anything about the Mach 1. Out of the 30+ dealerships that I contacted, less than 10 even knew what it was. Also, smaller family owned dealerships are more likely to deal. It’s a quick turn for them that increases sales numbers, but they don’t have to pay to store a car on their lot.
This is the problem I’m experiencing. I’ve called 5 dealerships in my area, and most don’t want to do an MSRP deal on an HP car or have no information on the Mach 1 (literally having to specify MULTIPLE times that I didn’t want the POS crossover, I want the MUSTANG). The only silver lining I found was a small, family owned dealership that was willing to give me an MSRP deal, but they emailed me a few days lager and told me that they have yet to receive an allocation for a Mach 1, and don’t expect to receive one... so the search continues

Interesting move here. You have a '18 Kona Blue GT. Is "opportunity cost" worth it in your situation ?
For me, absolutely. I take my car on track quite often, and I made the unfortunate mistake of getting a non-PP car thinking I could add all the PP parts for less money... and oh, how wrong I was. I added the brakes and wheels/tires somewhat out of necessity to even run on track, and that put me damn near the cost of the PP. I would still have suspension work, aero, tuning, rear diff, and chassis bracing that would need done, and then I’m still left with the handicap of the MT82 AND ruin my warranty by heavily modifying the car. By the time I get all that done, I’d be spending more on this car than I’m losing by selling it and buying a Mach 1, so it makes perfect sense for me to make the move

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't forget the Mach 1 will probably be around in 2022 for the second year run. Just wait out the demand guys. Don't fall for the dealership BS.
Sponsored