Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Update: A Ford spokesperson definitively clarified that the Mach 1's round grille inserts are strictly for show.

“The round inserts on the grille flanking the Mustang logo are a solid, nonfunctional feature of the newly designed front end on the new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1. While the ground grille inserts can be removed by customers, they were not designed as a means for additional cooling. The new Mach 1 fully meets all of our track cooling requirements with those inserts in place. Theoretically, they could be removed and customers will get additional airflow, but at the compromise of increased front lift.”

You would think that with all of the fancy LED lights we have now a days, they could have come up with something better than "faux".
Well, at least they thought of overall dynamics including lift. Might explain why fron grilles have blocked combs.
Sponsored

1st time Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt.Auto.Premium.3.55
Getting off 'Track' here..but will 2021 Mach 1 give the 2021 M4 a run for its money..You guys who have more knowledge about M4s..what are your Predictions..??..Thanks..

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have heard in more than 1 video from Ford spokes persons that the you will be able to get the Mach 1 with Leather interior as well as non leather interior. This leads me to believe that there will be premium and non premium versions of the car. I'm thinking that a non premium version might be available at a much lower price. Same as a base GT and a premium GT.
I expect so. But Ford needs to be cognizant that the direct competition SS 1LE is 45K, and 2LE is 52K.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I expect so. But Ford needs to be cognizant that the direct competition SS 1LE is 45K, and 2LE is 52K.
At the same token, the Camaro, which has been the better car for a while, is not the better selling car.

Not sure they care as long as they sell cars.

Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
FJG is the color more typically used on the underside of the planes especially for arctic duty. Dodge has battleship gray. The Shelby guys have Avalanche and Leadfoot. the various pictures have varying lighting conditions so it's hard to say but FJG strikes me as very, very close to Avalanche with a slightly different tone - more white. I need to see them side by side...

Abyss is my favorite gray but it's a little strong on the blue.
ill give you my take on the "grey" since i was at carlisle over the weekend.....
avalanche grey to me is the lightest of them all, almost a white/grey
fighter jet grey looked to be slightly darker than avalanche.
leadfoot was the darkest of all, and that was on a Raptor at carlisle, so in my eyes it goes from lightest to darkest:
avalanche
Fighter jet
Leadfoot

side note, stealth grey on the Focus RS was very close to the Raptor Leadfoot grey. i do not have a picture of that to compare.
IMG_1225.JPG
P1240091.JPG
P1240132.JPG

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Do we have the Ford Performance part #’s yet for the transmission and rear diff coolers yet?? ;).

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Think I'm leaning towards the whole package deal with FJG, handling, and the appearance package. I like the accents and the orange brembos making it unique. Going to ceramic coat the hell out of it too and probably look at PPF on the entire front, the side stripes to protect them, and the rear deck since we all know that's a swirl nightmare. This is my second car so I can drive it whenever and hopefully get it on COTA to get some laps in and learn how to do real performance driving.

Probably the best looking Mustang I have seen out of the S550's so far in my opinion. Haters are going to hate and then there's people that love it. Welcome to the Internet. :)

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I think I'd like a MACH1 in velocity blue (lead foot grey if it was available), and without any stripes.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I was at Carlisle and asked Carl about the stripes and interior options.
The stripes seem to be standard. The accent stripe colors are: Red stripes for Oxford White, Iconic Silver and Black cars. White accent stripes for Race Red, Velocity Blue, Grabber Yellow and Twister Orange. Of course Orange accents for FJG cars.
Leather interior cars ONLY will have the horizontal stripes on the front seats. Orange for FJG. All other leather seat cars get a Dove Gray stripe on the seats.
Base interior cloth seats are available and are the standard Mustang interior cloth.
He suspects that they will have 80% take rate on leather.
My choice is probably a base cloth interior Oxford White exterior red stripes and red calipers A10. I think this will be a rare combination.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
He suspects that they will have 80% take rate on leather.
Pity they don't outsource it to someone who actually uses good materials...

My choice is probably a base cloth interior Oxford White exterior red stripes and red calipers A10. I think this will be a rare combination.
How do you figure? white and silver are way up there in popularity.

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
What is your opinion of the 2021 Mach1?

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Pity they don't outsource it to someone who actually uses good materials...

How do you figure? white and silver are way up there in popularity.

Oxford White was the most rare color for both years of the 2003-04 Mach1.
Many rentals and fleet vehicles are white, but not as many sports cars, I think.
And the base cloth seats in that combo... just speculating.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I like your combination. I think it will look sharp. I also think having cloth seats will be rare.