Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can accept the Mach 1 , but I would also like to see Ford come out with a performance Mustang that would have a totally new name and no reference to nostalgia.
Like Performance Pack 2? Just came out recently? Kicked butt, right?
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My problem with al this is. Ford knows people I guess and knows they have to very little to get people to buy more cars. it reminds me of the movie tron, the newer one, where they ask the ceo whats different about the new operating system then the old 7 version and he says well there is an 8 on the box and laughs.

Ford does the same with mustangs. They are al the same car, they just change a bumper cover and ad a sticker pull a part from some other version they stopped making and bingo Hey everyone look at this NEW MUSTANG... and everyone looses their mind and has to have it? I sat in a gt350 and a gt500 and other then a couple little things if I sat someone blind folded into any of these cars you really couldn't tell what one you are in they are all 99% the same.

I guess what IM saying is if you are gonna release a different model then release a different model. dont just slap some plastic and stickers on it and say wow look at that. but then again as long as people buy it up why try right?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not trying to be a downer. Just see innovation with old nameplates happening all over - but ford seems to keep half way doing it with tacking on some cheap bits to say “look! Old stuff!” As a cheap way to gain short lived excitement.
I agree with you. And it's not only Ford; the Camaro, Challenger, etc., look (and are) cheap as hell, all in the name of nostalgia. That's crap. I hate retro crap, and I owned a '70 Mach1. Round fog lights (and hood shakers) belonged to the 70s, not 2020s. The only reason I bought Mustang is because the digital dash doesn't look retro, so it was a must. And no, no way I'd de adding louvers, and any other retro crap. I had enough with the retro-looking wheels on the Bullitt (which I only bought because couldn't find a fully-loaded GT... and it was cheaper). Ha ha. But at least they're 19s, aluminum, and with pretty good tires (I didn't want any wider). The Mustang should be mimicking the Corvette: more modern with each generation, like it should be.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess what IM saying is if you are gonna release a different model then release a different model. dont just slap some plastic and stickers on it and say wow look at that. but then again as long as people buy it up why try right?
Yeah don't just do coolers, better transmission, unique belly pan, unique wheels and different engine parts and different suspension parts and a different nose on the car - oh and aero. Barely anything different.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah don't just do coolers, better transmission, unique belly pan, unique wheels and different engine parts and different suspension parts and a different nose on the car - oh and aero. Barely anything different.
Exactly. I think people underestimate the upgrades that were actually done.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
The MACH1 will be a limited built vehicle that will be sold to consumers that want to buy it. Ford expectations aren't that everyone will want to buy one. Ford is just adding a little excitement to a 6 year body style.

It's not a halo car. Just another model that certain customers want. It's not being produced to please anyone except people who like what they see.
I own a speciality model of Mustang, a California Special. Is this Mustang real popular in the Mustang community? No. But it is what I wanted.
Thank you Ford for keeping Mustang interesting by producing models like the Bullit, California Special, PP1, PP2, Boss, and the Eco-boost HP.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
um like the rest of my post says that you didnt quote. parts from other cars. Trans and cooler is from the the 350, plastic bits and stickers. unique belly pan??? ok it has its own flat plastic thingy. unique wheels uh so what, wheels that makes a model...no. 2/3rds of people take the wheels off their cars any way and go after market. Like i said they just slap some old parts on from other cars and make some new stickers and a different bumper and wow its a whole new car..no... its still 99% the same thing as the rest of them. But your reply makes my point. They have people fooled. this car is just a bullitt replacement and something to use up the 350 parts they have laying about. And starting at 50k... LOL I can buy a a-10 auto gt slap about 2k worth of parts on it and embarrassed a mach-1 for about 40k

My point is Ford does this They take a GT slap about 1000 worth of parts on it from the parts bin, make up some new stickers and glue some unique plastic bits on it and then mark it up 10k for starters and people eat it up. The bullitt didn't sell well and were laying everywhere on lots cause people caught on to the bs 10k for two plastic bullitt emblems and 10Hp with a 65 dollar gt350 throttle body and Special tweeking which can mean anything and knew it wasnt worth anything. so ford cancels it does the same thing again this time says oh heres a few extra parts from the gt350 and some more "tweeking" and a mach 1 sticker and its gonna be 10 to 20k more and people get all excited again cause they didnt learn the first time.

but to each their own.

Am I downing the car no not by any means I love the variations in the cars and keeping things fresh. What i am downing is Ford slapping new stickers on cars using a handful of outdated old parts from old cars and trashing a legacy cars ...well ...legacy by slapping its name on a Frankenstein car and claiming it as a new wonderful model. And then charging you nutso prices for their slapping of about 300 bucks worth of crap on a gt.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The original Mach 1 was also "just" a parts bin car. There was nothing that couldn't be found on other Mustangs, other than the Mach 1 specific trim.

And when you have a parts bin that's as good as the Mustang's, I honestly don't see the problem. Don't like the fact it'll be the most expensive non-Shelby? No problem, there's a whole bunch of other Mustangs to choose from :)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The original Mach 1 was also "just" a parts bin car. There was nothing that couldn't be found on other Mustangs, other than the Mach 1 specific trim.

And when you have a parts bin that's as good as the Mustang's, I honestly don't see the problem. Don't like the fact it'll be the most expensive non-Shelby? No problem, there's a whole bunch of other Mustangs to choose from :)
Mustang started life as a parts bin car a Falcon with different sheet metal. It's all good though being a parts bin car has kept the price of the Mustang lower.

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I don’t know about lower price. I built a 2ss Camaro the other day online that matched or exceeded features on a Mustang gt for under 50k...a comparable mustang was 53. I would not buy the Camaro, but it is unfortunate the Mustang success has led to higher pricing.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
My problem with al this is. Ford knows people I guess and knows they have to very little to get people to buy more cars. it reminds me of the movie tron, the newer one, where they ask the ceo whats different about the new operating system then the old 7 version and he says well there is an 8 on the box and laughs.

Ford does the same with mustangs. They are al the same car, they just change a bumper cover and ad a sticker pull a part from some other version they stopped making and bingo Hey everyone look at this NEW MUSTANG... and everyone looses their mind and has to have it? I sat in a gt350 and a gt500 and other then a couple little things if I sat someone blind folded into any of these cars you really couldn't tell what one you are in they are all 99% the same.

Do you think a Mustang GT, Mustang gt350 is a different car than a Mustang gt500..? <--- They are all Mustangs. So everything you just said is a joke..

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach1 is just a convenience package - all the track-rat parts that should have been part of the PP2 trim are now finally available installed at the factory. You can of course buy most of the useful upgrades from FP and have them installed. And yes they are only available 'today' because the GT350 is dead.

Yes, Ford Marketing is playing human psychology and gullibility to the hilt. Heck, buying any Mustang is an exercise in convincing you to buy a completely ridiculous automotive conveyance.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Do you think a Mustang GT, Mustang gt350 is a different car than a Mustang gt500..? <--- They are all Mustangs. So everything you just said is a joke..
Did you even read the post? That is exactly what Im saying. but at least with the gt350 and 500 you get completely different engines and suspensions not just parts bin items and "tweeked" things and told its a whole new car. but what you said is exactly what I am saying so not sure what your insult is aimed at.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what you said is exactly what I am saying so not sure what your insult is aimed at.
which 'you' would that be? Did I quote your post to indicate I was responding to your post solely? Me thinks your forum-PTSD is self-inflicted.

The Bullitt was not a 'different model'. The Commifornia-Special wasn't a different model either. It's just Marketing. If you fall for it, that's your problem. If you get all bent out of shape over Marketing that is designed to bamboozle the weak-minded, that also strikes me as a 'self' problem.
Sponsored