Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Will the F150 work with E85? Just wondering.
the stock Coyote3 will handle up to E35. It needs bigger injectors to go all the way to E85. Same holds for the truck AFAIK.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So the Mach 1 + HP is a the lovechild between the PP2 and Bullit with some hp / thermal clothing from the GT350/500 thrown in from the parts bin!!

I wonder how many read this comparison between the PP2 and GT350:
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...ck-level-2-vs-2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350/

Now if the Mach 1 + HP is a more refined PP2 (with a better ratio transmission), which it seems to be since it borrows more from that car than any other, it could tighten those numbers when compared to the GT350. The PP2 did rather well for what it is in comparison to the GT350 already.

I told a buddy of mine when I purchased the PP2 that they left certain things on the table for future improvements or to give the aftermarket a chance to show them what buyers are looking for. The diff cooler was one of them. Now, they will call these upgrades a new style - Mach 1 and ask more for it and generate more interest.

And all they had to do is a little tweaking, borrow some existing parts and remove a few lower profit cars in order to make even more profit.

As for the Handling Package being a manual only thing, I LOVE IT!!! Gives buyers yet another reason to learn to drive stick. Also, like my PP2 and the Bullit, just looking at one and you know the guy rows his own gears which is awesome. Autos are great and can get you numbers at the drag strip but there is just something about rowing your own gears that will soon be gone along with an exhaust note when we head towards electric.

I say, let's embrace this car as we have embraced every Mustang (except the mid 70's Mustang II - LOL) and hope they will continue to put out something fun, handles well and performs !

If I was to be in the market for a 2021, I think I would grab a Mach 1 HP. Same reasoning why I purchased my 2019 Ruby Red GT PP2. I love my monster tires and lower ride height and it is a perfect daily driver for me. Set of snows in the garage and I am ready for daily fun. I think the Mach 1 HP would easily fit the bill for me and many others.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
so people don't have to deal with shady markups when buying a newly released Shelby.
Not to mention the royalties per GT350/500 car that Ford has to pay to Shelby for use of the name. In the end of the day the consumer pays those as well.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Any confirmation on what tires they've offered on the Handling Pack. They look like Pilot Sport Cups to me - what size though?
305 front, 315 rear.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Sad to say, I was really looking forward to this vehicle "thinking" it was a 350 "replacement"(read new and improved), but the power numbers are an enormous letdown for me. Ford is basically telling us our 2021 track car is about the same as it was in 2016 minus 46HP, is heavier and costs more than the original GT350. Oh and don't forget the ADM's.
Bullitt replacement, not GT350 replacement. GT500 is the GT350 replacement.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I wish they could've used the Cobra Jet intake manifold. That would've been a cool OEM application and probably would've gotten it to 500hp. It would require a slightly different hood to clear it but that is inline with Mach 1 history.

I suspect they didn't make any changes vs the Bullitt engine so it can remain certified for the Euro market. Part of me understands that, the other part of me says screw Europe, this is a Mustang! Lol :flag:

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Did you look what you get for $1500 for the GT500 handling package:

Not much.

For the GT350, your $850 is only:

I have a feeling $480 tires and a set of 10.5/11 wheels will be MUCH , MUCH more than this.

By the way, the cosmetics package I left out and that too will add something to the price as well as the special striped seating. Fully loaded will be high.

Then again, not everyone will get it fully loaded.

So far, the handling package will get:
Gurney flap
Large wing
front extra splitter (alla PP2)
10.5/11" wheels on Cup 2 tires

How much would you pay for jut this parts list when compared to the above?
Very true, which is why I said you are getting more in the Mach 1 handling package then in the shelby packs. But my point is the Mach 1 handling package gets you different wheels and tires and some aero bits. that is all. That to me should be maybe a 1500-2500 option. 4 to 6k for those would be an asinine price to me. The "Base" Mach 1 already has all of the cooling/braking/suspension/engine upgrades in it.

Unless I am missing something the handling package is wheels/tires and some aerobits. You are telling me that is a 4K upgrade? The difference in price from the PP1 to the PP2 (wheels tire aerobits some misc stuff) is only 1300.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unless I am missing something the handling package is wheels/tires and some aerobits. You are telling me that is a 4K upgrade?
it shouldn't be, no. But will they try to get it? Probably.
The SWing should be a $500 part (if that). The price delta on the wheels is close to nothing vs the standard wheels. The front splitter and undertray are a few dollars more than their PP2 counterparts. All in all $2k for the package makes the most sense. But this is Ford, we're talking. Where the PP1 kit has gone from 2500, to 4000, to now 5100. For not an iota of difference.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Only a few things that I wish they had done different:

1. Optional Shaker Hood. I get the "aero" part, but when I think Mach 1, I think Shaker Hood.
2. Unique Wing instead of recycling the GT350/GT500 wing.
3. Would have been nice to see a slight bump in power, but I get using the Bullitt motor as it is going to be global.

Overall though, if I was in the market for another Mustang, this would be my choice.
Thing that kills it for me is the lack of handling package on the A10. Base Mach 1 is boring in comparison. Don't want to lose acceleration to get handling.....

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I find it quite amazing how much people are bitching about parts bin and how it should have been this and it should have been that and it should have a shaker scoop and it should have 525+ HP, etc. And then bitch about the price too. Get real. These are trying times for Ford Motor Company and we should all feel blessed that they actually made the effort and investment to serve up not one but even two great goodbye versions for the S550 by combining elements from the GT (10AT), PP2, GT350 and GT500 and all this without the expenses of the Shelby name and the unreliability of the Voodoo engine. And even bring it around the globe, because outside the US/Can no official dealer has ever sold a GT350, GT500 or PP2 for that matter.

Now let's see if they also have the good sense to read the current market right and price it like an end-of-life and soon to be outdated model should be priced.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
it shouldn't be, no. But will they try to get it? Probably.
The SWing should be a $500 part (if that). The price delta on the wheels is close to nothing vs the standard wheels. The front splitter and undertray are a few dollars more than their PP2 counterparts. All in all $2k for the package makes the most sense. But this is Ford, we're talking. Where the PP1 kit has gone from 2500, to 4000, to now 5100. For not an iota of difference.
That is a good point as well. My point still remains that you arent getting as much in the handling pack as you do in the PP so they shouldn't cost anywhere near that since the base Mach has a majority of that stuff in it already

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
it can't be. Where's the manual the Gt350 has?

I know what you mean but I like the manual option in all of the Mustang lineup.
Ford decided the DCT was better. I'd take it over the 6 speed too.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
As for the HP package, they can charge what they charge. Is it possible it can be as little as 1500-2500, sure. Can it be more, of course. When I posted the price and revised it, I did not know how much of the PP2 would be in the base Mach 1. Seeing the spec sheet someone posted, I could see the PP2 is included more in the base Mach 1.

Very true, which is why I said you are getting more in the Mach 1 handling package then in the shelby packs. But my point is the Mach 1 handling package gets you different wheels and tires and some aero bits. that is all. That to me should be maybe a 1500-2500 option. 4 to 6k for those would be an asinine price to me. The "Base" Mach 1 already has all of the cooling/braking/suspension/engine upgrades in it.

Unless I am missing something the handling package is wheels/tires and some aerobits. You are telling me that is a 4K upgrade? The difference in price from the PP1 to the PP2 (wheels tire aerobits some misc stuff) is only 1300.
Since you are so interested in my estimate, I revised it :).
I lowered the handling package to $2K and changed the cooler total for the three to $2K down form $3900. It still puts MY ESTIMATE ( and it is only my estimate) at:

Automatic: $62,750 with everything (Handling pack at $2,000)
Manual: $60,900 with everything (Handling pack at $2,000)

If you prefer the base Mach 1 it will be about:
Automatic: $60,750 with everything except handling pack at $2,000)
Manual: $58,900 with everything except handling pack at $2,000)

In the end, back in 2019, my car's MSRP was a little more than 53K and I got everything (Premium and all else) except Recaros. Since then, the car was increased in price and the guzzler tax added and that alone adds about $3K, give or take. Add in the 500 wing, wider rear tires than the PP2 (315 vs 305 PP2), new tuning, new grill, larger coolers than what came on the PP2, graphics, etc. and I could add $1-3K for that which brings us up damn close to my previous estimate. In the end, it would be pretty remarkable if I am off by a couple grand from a guy who has no experience in car sales. At least I am taking an educated guess and offering my reasoning. If I am high, I will be pleasantly surprised and maybe more will be willing to buy. If I am low, I REALLY do not know what they are going to charge and everyone will get sticker shock

In the end, it is only my guess. Why not post your own?

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
changed the cooler total for the three to $2K down form $3900
the 3 coolers are STANDARD, so I'm not sure why you keep breaking them out. The Bullitt is 47.7k. Lop off the 'Bullitt' trademark and add the coolers back and it's probably a wash. Just because Ford Performance chargest $1600 for the diff cooler alone (as a replacement part) doesn't mean that's even remotely their cost basis. If it's as much as $400, I would be surprised.

If the Mach1 is over $56k with every option checked (54.3 for a Bullitt with everything), I think Ford is going to have a serious sales problem. The cloth PP2 built with basic Bullitt feature set was 46.5. The Premium PP2 is 49.7 and the similarly equipped Bullitt is 50.6 - which would imply a badging premium of about $1000.

The Appearance package will probably be $1000 just like it's cousin, the 'blackout' package. I expect the 'electronics' package will be carried over from Bullitt as-is for 2k.

Cloth, manual Mach1 I reckon will start at 47 like it's PP2 counterpart. Add Handling (2), Appearance(1) and Electronic(2) you get $52. The Auto trades off Handling so nets to just under.
Add 4 grand for Premium. $1600 for Recaro.
Sponsored

Last edited: