This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So if they're going away with PP2, wouldn't that make it a limited production product?
perhaps? I guess we'll have to see?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Might have been mentioned already, but does anyone else see a removable plug in the front bumper fascia for a thread-in tow hook?

upload_2020-6-16_20-41-1.png
that's the blanking panel that has the front proximity sensor behind it. and I think the external temp gauge is also very close nearby.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
that's the blanking panel that has the front proximity sensor behind it. and I think the external temp gauge is also very close nearby.
I think flybipe was referring to:
m3.jpg

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I hope not.

Hate to be that guy, but just learn to heel-toe. If you really love manuals, getting good at heel-toe will make you love them that much more. It has certainly done that for me.
LOL hates to be that guy and then is that guy...I can rev match just fine but sometimes it would be nice when commuting to have the feature available. It can be turned on and off when you want it so really not a big deal...let me guess you didn't buy a GT500 because it has a dual clutch and not because you can't afford it. Technology is not the enemy and features like rev matching are what is keeping manuals around for us to enjoy. I bet you cried over the Mach E too lol

Sponsored

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
maybe but probably not trivial- ie requires drilling holes into the case and mounting suitable sensor. And then you'd need the control logic flashed to the ECU.
Are you sure it requires drilling into the case? You can buy 3rd party rev matching units that don't require that. If that is the case then I would guess they won't offer it as an aftermarket FP upgrade. I'm fine rev matching myself but there are times where it would be nice to have. No lift shift is a pretty cool feature that these cars would benefit from as well

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I want those baby front fender flares/guards and those exhaust tips!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure it requires drilling into the case? You can buy 3rd party rev matching units that don't require that.
well no, I'm not sure - it was an example. AutoBlip has no concept of gear selection and so is actually only a "half-smart" device. It's just blipping throttle which probably works well enough to suffice. Actual rev-match will change engine RPM the moment you tickle a shift gate.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Should have had something close to the Cervinis Stalker Hood with the diverter, Since this has an open CAI?

Because I am seeing RAM Air and Shaker 60s MACH 1 being driven on each side and makes the 2021 re-used 18+ GT hood not look special.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Because the Mach 1 has been a much anticipated car and when it revealed Ford laziness in styling is very disappointing. What we are getting is a refreshed Bullitt, with better transmissions true but still a Bullitt. Look at the wheels on the blue car Bullitt wheels and I'm willing to bet the the front bumper cover is the same one for the 2021 Mustang refresh. We should have seen this coming when Ford revealed the 2.3L High Performance Package.
I think the biggest problem is that some people jump on every bs rumor they hear online. There was no way Ford could bump the Coyote to 525HP, everybody who got their hopes up for that was heading towards being disappointed. But saying this is just a Bullitt is huge understatement. Just read the article how much performance and Shelby parts they throw on the Mach 1. 22% more downforce than the PP2 is a huge, 150% more downforce with Handling package is even more insane.
I am pretty sure the Mach 1 will hold up to the GT350 really good or even be on par and be cheaper and more available at the same time, so people don't have to deal with shady markups when buying a newly released Shelby.

We already saw the prototypes, besides the vinyl it was clear what we were getting visually. I don't get why people think Mach 1 has to be a crazy standalone body or something like that, this was never the case with any Mach 1. Shaker hood would have been great, but with the car going global I can totally see why they stick to what already met global restrictions.
And for the vinyl, I think Ford did a really great job. The hood stripe has so many details and layers, it will look awesome in the sun.

hobbie1

hobbie1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Sad to say, I was really looking forward to this vehicle "thinking" it was a 350 "replacement"(read new and improved), but the power numbers are an enormous letdown for me. Ford is basically telling us our 2021 track car is about the same as it was in 2016 minus 46HP, is heavier and costs more than the original GT350. Oh and don't forget the ADM's.
There is no substitute ........ wicked front and crazy 8250 Red line - like it was said in Seabiscuit tick tock, tick tock ... with a cherry on top, thank you very much
IMG_0187.jpeg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yup, that's what I was referring to. Looks to be about exactly where this thread-in adapter is on the front bumper of this 2019 GT350 posted on FB...

375437516800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=4oIzRWBX-ZUAX_JtCgU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
If, as was indicated yesterday, Mach 1 is going global, it'll require a front tow hook, at least for European cars. To save costs, I suspect Ford will only build one front fascia style (with the plug for the hook).

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Can some knowledgeable person tell me more about the HP oil cooler set up? Have they ditched the air/water cooler totally and gone aftermarket air/air? Is the oil filter mount the same or has the oil filter been relocated via a remote head?

I ask as this may be a big deal for us in RHD countries and could prevent RHD conversion by ford, or potentially give us ford parts to fix the problems with the RHD gt oil cooler properly.

So how long until they announce the s550 Boss mustang?

I’m thinking the Mach1 HP + gt350 brakes + 48v ISG. Different stickers, possibly different wheels.....
Sponsored