Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I could see add-ons prices being:

Handling Package (already listed) - $6-8K
Recaro or leather $1600+
B&O sound system $1000
Automatic $1850 - (Current is $1600 but they are offering upgrades to that)
security or anti theft $400
Smart and Safe $1000
Active Valve exhaust $900

So fully loaded with these prices largely taken form the 2020 GT puts the top end without the carpets and odds and ends at

Automatic: $68,750 with everything (Handling pack at $7,000)
Manual: $66,900 with everything (Handling pack at $7,000)
You really think the Handling pack is going to be that expensive?

"Handling Package vehicles come standard with unique, wider 19-inch x 10.5-inch front, and 19-inch x 11-inch rear Tarnished Dark-painted aluminum wheels.

The Handling Package – exclusively available with the Tremec™ 3160 6-speed manual transmission – also includes a larger unique higher downforce front splitter, new front wheel lip moldings, and a low-gloss Magnetic swing spoiler with a Gurney flap and rear tire spats from Shelby GT500."

Unless there is more to the package than that that sure seems like a hefty price tag.

I think you are right about most but I don't see the Mach even fully loaded going to far over 60. Even though it's in in theory replacing the GT350(is that confirmed yet) the 350 starts at 60. A non shelby mustang getting over 60K is a bad look
Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I really like it. The styling it spot on for a Mach 1 IMO, except for the fake fog lights. They could have done something like the Challenger and had real holes going to the engine bay with maybe a light surround.

But IDK, sounds like it is going to be a bit too pricey for my needs. If it were to start under 50k I may be more inclined to postpone my plans to get a Scat Pack or possibly a 400Z for a year or two and wait until some discounts come out for it. Looks to be enough changes to justify trading my 16GT in for, but like I said, not sure if its worth the wait as I'm just now starting to have issues with my car and would like to trade it in before something major needs replaced. Plus, I had my heart set on something in the dark red, cinnamon or gold shades and none available for this trim. I do like that shade of blue though....

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It was already stated but the Bullit was a PP1 car, not a PP2.

If you look at the PP2 base for 2019 of $49,100 and just add 3 coolers, each about 1300, you are almost to $53K with no other changes. Add the $1200 gas guzzler to kick the base to $54K. Also add the $1600 Power Pack for the 20 hp more to push us to $55K roughly.

Recaro or leather $1600+
B&O sound system $1000
Smart and Safe $1000

So fully loaded with these prices largely taken form the 2020 GT puts the top end without the carpets and odds and ends at

If you do not want the handling package, take off $7K but if you want a track car, I would expect it to be there.

That puts it right in line with a GT350.

I know a few guys who wanted the GT350 to have the 12 inch digital dash. this may have it in response to the GT350 not having it.

I can see the car having a base of about $55,000 now that I looked up what a PP2 base price is and adding what I believe are standard 3 coolers.

Adding coolers to my PP2 and the Power Package still seems like a steel to get very close to what this is, performance wise. I buy cars with steering wheels because I like to turn. I am one who does not really care about straight line speed. Put a car on a twisty track and let's see how it does. By the way, The PP2 did beat the PP1 auto on the track (https://www.cars.com/articles/mustang-vs-mustang-fords-performance-packages-tested-1420700897178/). Manuals do have their place.
Yes, I am looking at the base Mach 1 as a Bullit replacement:
So $48K
Handling pack (with actual track ready cooling) $6.5K (~like the PP2 package)
Recaros $2K

So $56,500 estimated. Vs the current selling price of 2020 base GT350 of $58.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You really think the Handling pack is going to be that expensive?

"Handling Package vehicles come standard with unique, wider 19-inch x 10.5-inch front, and 19-inch x 11-inch rear Tarnished Dark-painted aluminum wheels.

The Handling Package – exclusively available with the Tremec™ 3160 6-speed manual transmission – also includes a larger unique higher downforce front splitter, new front wheel lip moldings, and a low-gloss Magnetic swing spoiler with a Gurney flap and rear tire spats from Shelby GT500."

Unless there is more to the package than that that sure seems like a hefty price tag.

I think you are right about most but I don't see the Mach even fully loaded going to far over 60. Even though it's in in theory replacing the GT350(is that confirmed yet) the 350 starts at 60. A non shelby mustang getting over 60K is a bad look
My PP2 wheels are $1024 each. Add $480 for the Cup2 and you have $1500 a wheel. Add in a larger spoiler at about $3-500. Front PP2 splitter was close to $200 or thereabouts.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's not really any different than the PP2 package which was 6500. Take 1600 out since MR is standard, as well yank all the PP1 bits (2500) and you're down to $2400 for the PP2 wider wheels and rubber. Cup2 vs PS4S aren't all that different so that's a wash. The Shelby SWing will probably be priced at a preposterous $1500 so realistically the "Handling Package" should be no more than $4000. I think they shouldn't charge more than $2500 but Ford bean counters don't listen to little ol' nobody.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yes, I am looking at the base Mach 1 as a Bullit replacement:
So $48K
Handling pack (with actual track ready cooling) $6.5K (~like the PP2 package)
Recaros $2K

So $56,500 estimated. Vs the current selling price of 2020 base GT350 of $58.
It would be the Bullit WITH the PP2 upgrades.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I just dont see how anyone would want this over a GT350 unless you want the A10. They are definitely going to be similarly priced and you know Ford dealers are going to try to mark this up like they do with everything else.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
it's not really any different than the PP2 package which was 6500. Take 1600 out since MR is standard, as well yank all the PP1 bits (2500) and you're down to $2400 for the PP2 wider wheels and rubber. Cup2 vs PS4S aren't all that different so that's a wash. The Shelby SWing will probably be priced at a preposterous $1500 so realistically the "Handling Package" should be no more than $4000. I think they shouldn't charge more than $2500 but Ford bean counters don't listen to little ol' nobody.
OK, I could buy that. I will revise my estimate.

That would still put you, on my estimates, at fully loaded between $64 - 65,750.

I think cars.com said that the 2019 GT350 ranged from $46,000 - 74,300

My estimates, fully loaded does put it below the GT350 form 2019

Mhawke7894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
I was planning to save up for a year or two and get a Shelby GT (w/o supercharger.) But it sounds like this has basically the same power at about the same price. I must do some pondering...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Love how they photoshop the photo to make it look lower. When in real life the car is going to look like its on stilts. To be honest the only thing to get excited about are the oil coolers, tranny and diffy coolers.
The original Mach in those photos is lowered a lot as well.

Not a good enough bounce for me, personally @IronG. The rumored 525 HP would have thrown me into Mach 1 lust mode again.
Agreed. Especially with the new gearing in the 2018+ it turns me off. Needs more power to be fun for street driving.

It was already stated but the Bullit was a PP1 car, not a PP2.

If you look at the PP2 base for 2019 of $49,100 and just add 3 coolers, each about 1300, you are almost to $53K with no other changes. Add the $1200 gas guzzler to kick the base to $54K. Also add the $1600 Power Pack for the 20 hp more to push us to $55K roughly.

Recaro or leather $1600+
B&O sound system $1000
Smart and Safe $1000

If you do not want the handling package, take off $7K but if you want a track car, I would expect it to be there.

That puts it right in line with a GT350.

I know a few guys who wanted the GT350 to have the 12 inch digital dash. this may have it in response to the GT350 not having it.

I can see the car having a base of about $55,000 now that I looked up what a PP2 base price is and adding what I believe are standard 3 coolers.

Adding coolers to my PP2 and the Power Package still seems like a steel to get very close to what this is, performance wise. I buy cars with steering wheels because I like to turn. I am one who does not really care about straight line speed. Put a car on a twisty track and let's see how it does. By the way, The PP2 did beat the PP1 auto on the track (https://www.cars.com/articles/mustang-vs-mustang-fords-performance-packages-tested-1420700897178/). Manuals do have their place.
Dang I hope you are wrong. $1300 per cooler sounds like a crazy amount to me. $7k for the handling pack is an awful lot too.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
My PP2 wheels are $1024 each. Add $480 for the Cup2 and you have $1500 a wheel. Add in a larger spoiler at about $3-500. Front PP2 splitter was close to $200 or thereabouts.
Yeah I guess I just look at the handling pack on the 350 and 500 are only 85- adn 1500 respectively. Granted the Mach 1 comes with upgraded wheels and tires the thought of a handling pack costing that much seems insane.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Yes it would probably require a new block. And it might require some changes to the heads as well. And many internal components would probably have to change.

New block like the change to PWTA bores required. Or like the new block the Voodoo got. Or like the new block the Predator has.

Or like every few years we see a new LS insert random number here. There are lots of them.

But that new block could be used for quite a while. Especially if they push up the displacement quite a bit, that would give them lots of room for growth for the next 5-8 years or so.
The coyote and it's predecessor modular 4.6 use a small bore spacing and a small bore. Most aftermarket cylinder liners can be overbored to 3.70" max, but the gen 3 coyote and the 5.2 block does not have traditional liners. From a practical standpoint, you might be stuck with the gen 3 bore of 3.661" or 93mm. You can add a stroker crank to push up the displacement, but you are limited by deck height on the block. Whatever increase you have on the stroke, you have to double that in rod length to keep the piston out of the crank on B.D.C. then you need a piston with a revised pin height to accommodate the longer rod and not push the piston out the top of the block. The biggest stroke anyone has ever successfully put into a 4.6/coyote block is a 3.75" Given those factors, if you combine a gen 3 block with a stroker crank, you could get a 315 c.i. seems like a lot of money for little gain in displacement.

The only way you will get anything over a 323 is with a new engine, the coyote block has too small a bore spacing and too short of a deck height to accept a larger displacement. Sure you could make tall deck coyote block (that's what the 5.4 was, a tall deck 4.6) but it won't fit between the fender wells of an S-550, the 5.0 barely fits in there. I know because I put long tube headers on mine laying on my back and I know how much room is there.

Maybe ford could bring back the Trinity engine from the 13-14 GT 500 without the S/C and up the compression to 11.5-12:1 and by not using the coyote heads, just the traditional DOHC heads it might fit in an S-550, shoot for 550 hp and call it the BOSS 351

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Got to admit that is a bit of a disappointment. Black plastic arch trim and a big price tag on a non Shelby is pushing the limits, certainly outside the USA where we have local competition without the big import tax. This or a amg c63? This or an M4? You aren’t going to be drinking complimentary coffee at the ford dealership as you sign the paperwork are you!

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The original Mach in those photos is lowered a lot as well.

Agreed. Especially with the new gearing in the 2018+ it turns me off. Needs more power to be fun for street driving.

Dang I hope you are wrong. $1300 per cooler sounds like a crazy amount to me. $7k for the handling pack is an awful lot too.

They want $2K for this Ford Performance one:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-differential-cooler-kit-1519-gt350.html

OK, the tranny cooler is about $300 - 400(Mishimoto)
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-oil-cooler.html

and the oil cooler is closer to $600 - 700 (Mishimoto) depending on what you get.
https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-must...MIsri0rYaH6gIVR4VaBR0HzQC_EAQYAyABEgKBMPD_BwE

Of course that is not installed. those are just parts.

$3000-4,000 seems about right installed. There are already about $3,000 just in parts. So 3900 is in this ballpark

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Yeah but you can't compare retail prices to prices of trying to figure in parts on a car from the factory.

Example the rumor that the CF wheels on the 350R are like 18K each or whatever crazy number was floated around

Or like on my wife's Explorer the chrome 20" wheels were like a 995 option. Buy just the wheels from ford parts they were like 300 each for just the wheel no tires
Sponsored