Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
525 hp was never going to happen - I am not sure why would people thought this was the case. It would require redesign of the engine (or use of different one - Voodoo for example) and it was pretty obvious Ford will throw a bunch of parts at this car like they've done in the past.
Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
the bullitt is a 12k option with magnaride (which the mach'll have). but on the mach there appears there may be a semi-non-premium model with cloth seats, don't know what else it has diff between 300A, 301A and 400A trims. plus other goodies, lets say another 3k? on top of that 12k adder, would place it at 50630 starting price for a base mach 1, 15k over the base GT. 4k to premium, 6500 for PP2, -1700 for magna already included, puts us at 59430 top tier, maybe a bit more? it is possible this tops 60k loaded. I am not sure if there will be a price increase for 2021 over 2020 with the way things are going, could go either way.

So, 50k-60k base to loaded, including options for a premium-like trim, and the handling package. If there is some handling+A10 option, that could hit 61,600, or maybe 60,600 depending on the base adder for the Tremec. Or, interestingly enough, they could off the A10 as a $0 option if the tremec base addition is high enough.
You make great points, but I'll call it right now. As an owner of the last two iterations of Mach's, there is no way that the new one sells successfully at 60+k. Ford would have to roll out major incentives to move them. The Bullitt is an absolutely beautiful car, and the marketing Ford put behind it was massive. Yet there are 19's on the lots looking for homes.

The Mach should be sub 58k fully loaded. Anything more than that is a recipe for disaster...

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
For purposes of ordering I initially thought they'll just make a 'Mach1' package that can be selected from the standard or premium GT screen. But they'll probably instead create a different category and use the '600' series nomenclature.

600A = cloth seats, standard dash/301A, AE, Magneride
601A = leather seats, digital dash/401A, AE, Magneride
Then toggles for Recaro, Appearance package (body color), Trans, Voice NAV and Handling package.
That makes a lot of sense.

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
I've waited a while to pull the trigger on a NEW car and I might wait longer now. I honestly need to see the handling pack in black. Lol. I'm a big fan of it having the tremec No doubt but I was expecting it to have something different brought to the table like a unique Mach 1 intake or something. Not just parts bin stuff. Cool none the less. Any photoshop gurus in here able to to make the handling package All black and put it on PP2 wheels?

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Are those wheels forged or boat-anchor cast a'la PP2?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
For purposes of ordering I initially thought they'll just make a 'Mach1' package that can be selected from the standard or premium GT screen. But they'll probably instead create a different category and use the '600' series nomenclature.

600A = cloth seats, standard dash/301A, AE, Magneride
601A = leather seats, digital dash/401A, AE, Magneride
Then toggles for Recaro, Appearance package (body color), Trans, Voice NAV and Handling package.

Why voice NAV as separate? Because it's the easiest $800 in profit Ford has ever made.
Unfortunately they don't like giving us options in UK, it's kind of premium package or nothing. So im hoping the only thing premium is the engine, with digital dash etc kept for other models

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
You make great points, but I'll call it right now. As an owner of the last two iterations of Mach's, there is no way that the new one sells successfully at 60+k. Ford would have to roll out major incentives to move them. The Bullitt is an absolutely beautiful car, and the marketing Ford put behind it was massive. Yet there are 19's on the lots looking for homes.

The Mach should be sub 58k fully loaded. Anything more than that is a recipe for disaster...
hopefully they will have some package discounting in there. I agree that it would not sell well at 60k+, it is, while I love them, afterall, a mustang. with mustang fit and finish, and ford dealers, and what have you.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It was already stated but the Bullit was a PP1 car, not a PP2.

If you look at the PP2 base for 2019 of $49,100 and just add 3 coolers for about $2000, you are almost to $51K with no other changes. Add the $1200 gas guzzler to kick the base to $52,300. Also add the $1600 Power Pack for the 20 hp more to push us to $54K roughly.

I could see add-ons prices being:

Handling Package (already listed) - $2,000
Recaro or leather $1600+
B&O sound system $1000
Automatic $1850 - (Current is $1600 but they are offering upgrades to that)
security or anti theft $400
Smart and Safe $1000
Active Valve exhaust $900

So fully loaded with these prices largely taken form the 2020 GT puts the top end without the carpets and odds and ends at

With Handling Package
Manual: $60,900 with everything (Handling pack at $2,000)

If you do not want the handling package, take off $2K but if you want a track car, I would expect it to be there.
Automatic: $60,750 with everything
Manual: $58,900 with everything

That puts it right in line with a GT350.

I know a few guys who wanted the GT350 to have the 12 inch digital dash. this may have it in response to the GT350 not having it.

I can see the car having a base of about $55,000 now that I looked up what a PP2 base price is and adding what I believe are standard 3 coolers.

Adding coolers to my PP2 and the Power Package still seems like a steel to get very close to what this is, performance wise. I buy cars with steering wheels because I like to turn. I am one who does not really care about straight line speed. Put a car on a twisty track and let's see how it does. By the way, The PP2 did beat the PP1 auto on the track (https://www.cars.com/articles/mustang-vs-mustang-fords-performance-packages-tested-1420700897178/). Manuals do have their place.

Revised handling package price to $4K
Revised Handling Package to $ 2,000 and changed price for the larger coolers to $2,000 instead of $3,900
removed the option for HP on the auto

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I love it except for those faux lights, still front end is a MAJOR improvement , plus tremec and othe bits and pieces from its older siblings. I want one !

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Someone said those round things might be air ducts?

So they gave the car nostrils instead of a hood scoop. I wonder if the extra drag from the scoop was too detrimental. If that is the case, I wonder what the bid wing does in comparison to the PP2 wing?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably just me, but that front end looks wayyy too busy. Ten pounds in a five pound bag.
I'm inclined to agree. Now it just looks like the BMW Z4, M2 and ilk. Less of the 45deg angle planes and putting more thickness on the outer edge of the cooler pickups would look better IMO. A NACA looking hood thru the magic of sticker graphics (even if no change to sheet metal) could have been cool.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Let's not forget that they might still offer the PP2. If they do, they cannot offer the Mach 1 for the same price range. It has to be more just because they are putting more in it.

Although I doubt the PP2 will be offered but nothing so far is saying it will not be.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Let's not forget that they might still offer the PP2. If they do, they cannot offer the Mach 1 for the same price range. It has to be more just because they are putting more in it.

Although I doubt the PP2 will be offered but nothing so far is saying it will not be.
and the PP2 how I have it priced out how I want it is right at 53k. I honestly hope that the Mach 1 isn't much more than that...imo anything 60k+ as a non-shelby mustang will have sales and perception issues. and next year is certainly not the year to reach unheard of heights in prices. I think that it should top out at about the same price as a fully loaded convertible, ~58k
Sponsored