Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The Bullitt for 2020 starts at MSRP 48,900 with 0 options. The original tires on it a Pirelli P Zero and it doesn't have mag ride as standard so it does not have the PP2 equipment. We are simply arguing semantics at this point, the Mach is most likely going to start over 50
I totally forgot magneride was not part of PP2. Looks like you're right about the tires, too.

Damn... hopefully Ford has some bundle discounts with this car then. And/or hopefully I can get significant dealer discounts down the line, but I usually prefer to custom order cars like this. Anything significantly over $50K is too effing much for this car IMO. You're killin my dream man! :crying:

EDIT: This also means the Bullitt isn't nearly as good of a deal as I though it was.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I totally forgot magneride was not part of PP2. Looks like you're right about the tires, too.

Damn... hopefully Ford has some bundle discounts with this car then. And/or hopefully I can get significant dealer discounts down the line, but I usually prefer to custom order cars like this. Anything significantly over $50K is too effing much for this car IMO. You're killin my dream man! :crying:
haha Not trying to be a downer, just being a realist lol. I wanted a Mach 1 so bad back in 04 but it wasn't in the cards. Looks like the same story for me this go around as well ha

If it is anything like the Bullitt looks like good discounts will come to those who wait. A few local dealers to me are advertising 3-5K off on them

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added the Handling Package an EU appearance to the blue one. Damn, I am really diggin this :like:
mach1_eu_02.jpg
Wait, am I understanding properly? Are those wheels only going to be offered in Europe!?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Love how they photoshop the photo to make it look lower. When in real life the car is going to look like its on stilts. To be honest the only thing to get excited about are the oil coolers, tranny and diffy coolers.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha Not trying to be a downer, just being a realist lol. I wanted a Mach 1 so bad back in 04 but it wasn't in the cards. Looks like the same story for me this go around as well ha

If it is anything like the Bullitt looks like good discounts will come to those who wait. A few local dealers to me are advertising 3-5K off on them
It also means the Bullitt isnt' nearly as good of a price as I thought it was... I thought it was actually a bit of a discount from bundling those option on a regular GT premium. <sigh> Well whatever, we'll see what happens. There may still be some hope that base is in the very low 50s. I just don't see how they can hope to sell that many of them if it starts much higher than that given the competition on the market today.

Alex1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I think the Mach 1 may have a price strategy similar to a gt/gt premium, maybe with starting price just above a gt premium. Remember the builitt came standard with things like digital dash/leather seats

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I think the Mach 1 may have a price strategy similar to a gt/gt premium, maybe with starting price just above a gt premium. Remember the builitt came standard with things like digital dash/leather seats
Yes, leather looks optional on the Mach1 from the description but not sure about the digital dash is an option or standard. If you can get a Mach1 with just basic interior it will keep the price down.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This whole thing makes me think back to when the '03 Mach 1 broke cover.....

Back then, I owned my '01 Bullitt. Once the word came out on the Mach, it had plenty of things that trumped the hell out of my Bullitt, and I was planning on ordering one; the main feature for me was the bespoke engine and its shaker scoop, the rest was just icing on the cake. Alas, my employer at the time folded, and the dream folded as well as I was forced to move for a new job.

Fast forward to today, and I was really hoping for something more than Bullitt-spec power that might recreate that Mach 1 lust of years back. Although it's going to be a great car by the parts list, it's a no-sale for me since it's not different ENOUGH from what I have. I'll continue to bide my time and wait to order my '22 GT500.

(Oh, and no Kona Blue? Shame. And no color options for interior? Shame again.)
I am with you if I had a 2016 like you rather than a 2019 PP2, If I were you I would trade up as it looks to be a pretty good bounce up from the 2016 model year. For me, if the HP was 500 plus and a few other tweaks I would be more interested in it. So as it stands, it seems the last new Mustang I will have purchased is the one I have unless their is a NA manual version in 22 or 23 that ups the ante....Boss maybe? Electric and Hybrid versions do not interest me at all so the future Mustangs in that guise are useless to me. Hopefully Ford surprises us as a last hurrah with some really special. My other option is to go backwards and look for a big block stang (driver condition) in 60's vintage.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not a good enough bounce for me, personally @IronG. The rumored 525 HP would have thrown me into Mach 1 lust mode again.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot Ford jacked the price up $1200+ on the 2020 Bullitt.
no, that was the Guzzler tax being applied. They got away with it 15-19 and early production MY20 but now they have to pay the piper.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
no, that was the Guzzler tax being applied. They got away with it 15-19 and early production MY20 but now they have to pay the piper.
Ahh.. I just saw the price bump and did not know why. So the Mach1 will have to pay gas guzzler too.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
That is something I did not account for. I totally forgot the Bullitt had almost all the premium interior options standard

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes keep all the digital dash nonsense out the car, spend the money on the engine not gimmicks
For purposes of ordering I initially thought they'll just make a 'Mach1' package that can be selected from the standard or premium GT screen. But they'll probably instead create a different category and use the '600' series nomenclature.

600A = cloth seats, standard dash/301A, AE, Magneride
601A = leather seats, digital dash/401A, AE, Magneride
Then toggles for Recaro, Appearance package (body color), Trans, Voice NAV and Handling package.

Why voice NAV as separate? Because it's the easiest $800 in profit Ford has ever made.

The full-zoot Bullitt is $54,500. With Guzzler that can go to $56,000. If they go any higher they're gonna have a serious sales problem IMO. I reckon the 'base' version will be at least $47k. Premium would add at least 4.
Sponsored

Last edited: