Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
No it will no . The gt350 can't beat a 45k Camaro why would this 1.
Exactly what I was gonna say lol. Why would the Mach 1 be faster than the gt350?

It's gonna be a fatter, less power, and have worse braking. The Mach 1 will be basically the same as the PP2 just without it overheating constantly (hopefully)
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
BUT WILL THE REV MATCH BE AVAILABLE AS AN UPDATE ON EXISTING GT350'S?!?!
maybe but probably not trivial- ie requires drilling holes into the case and mounting suitable sensor. And then you'd need the control logic flashed to the ECU.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Based on sales, as good as the Camaro is to drive, it seems to really miss the mark in so many other areas that the Mustang nails it. If the Mustang is even close in terms of performance it will be a success. The rest of the car is just so much more superior and appealing (ergonomics, looks, etc) to the Camaro.
This argument is so tired at this point. You do realize that Ford makes the majority of it's mustang sales with the Ecoboost right? Sales have no indication of performance.

The mustang sells better because it's a more famous name, that's it.

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
So are you actually cross shopping a Mach I anymore? Seems like a Camaro is sort of a no brainer for you, though you also said you sold your ZL1, so I guess it didn't push the right buttons[?]

Seems like you need to find a '20 GT500 to replace your '11 :D
The zl1 1le did everything it was suppose to. The ride was harsh as I expected but I still loved it. You are spot on with a gt500 to replace my 11 gt500 which I still miss so much. Im probably going to end up in a gt350 cause that's what I wanted when I got the Camaro but I let price and performance sway me.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
A few things. Maybe I missed it but did they offer Differential Coolers? Also the handling package is not available with the A10?

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
This argument is so tired at this point. You do realize that Ford makes the majority of it's mustang sales with the Ecoboost right? Sales have no indication of performance.
And chasing milliseconds on a track is no indication as to how good a car is as an overall package. The vast majority of Mustang and Camaro owners will never see a track. And none of that changes my statement. The Camaro is an awesome drivers car but misses the mark in so many areas that the Mustang resonates more on.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
the shift behavior of the 10R upsets the chassis. I agree the artificial distinction of 'no handling pack for you A10 people' is a bit gratuitous, but it is a "nice slap in the face" for choosing the wrong gear box. :)

For the A10 to work on a road circuit you'd have to put it into M mode or at least specify tuning parameters as to where to draw the line on shift points and how G-loading tempers the engagement point. Say you're in a Monza arc and need to shift twice before corner exit - you'd likely end up in the wall with how the A10 shifts in Track mode.

Now what would be really cool would be a GPS-assisted 'learn the track mode' that could replicate manual shift inputs in fully auto mode - ie, hold a gear instead of shifting up only to shift down 3 for the corner 100 yards away.
That's okay. I do all of my work in a straight line. My A10 has already upset quite a few guys that chose the wrong gearbox for that setup. :)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Been following this for a while. It looks great but slightly disappointed. We'll see what the ADM on it looks like.

Nah, F it. I'm keeping my track car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford should have gone with a NA version of the 5.2L in the GT500 and it could have been something special instead of a parts bin special.
I disagree. To me the 5.2 is just a marketing/sales gimmick. It's a 4% bump in displacement. Ford needs to increase displacement by at least 10% to get a good power increase. 20-30% would be better.

Oh yeah, that 5.2 thing was sort of an afterthought (for pursuing GT350 level output), but you are so right, I guess a Boss without a 302 would like a Mustang with an electric motor ... oh wait ... :giggle:

Dang, yeah, it would be tight to squeeze a Boss into production by MY22, though that assumes that MY23 target holds. Hell, I can see the Mustang sales staying solid, or even an uptick motivating Ford to slide the S650 back a MY, and milk the S500 platform for another year.
I think a Boss 351 would be a better choice than another 302 only a few years later. Do something a little different. And if you went up to 5.7 liters you could easily hit a higher power target. Most Mustang buyers want more performance as an incentive to buy. Displacement is an easy way to do it. And a high revving 5.7 could be an absolute monster engine. Lots and lots of Mustang owners would flock to the dealers to buy that.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
As a GT350R owner, this new Mach 1 is an awesome entry for a sport car in the 50 k price range. It takes some of the Track durability and performance tested components front their Ford Performance mustangs and bestows them on the Mustang GTplatform. Closest analogy for me is what Porsche does with the Cayman GT4 (shares components with the 911 GT3).

As far as all the criticism of only 480hp, remember the Bullitt and Mach 1 is built to a price point (50k range). What other sports cars makes more than 500 NA hp on the market ? Automobile compiled a list recently and those cars all have price points in 6 figure range. If you want Ford to give you a 50k mustang with more than 500hp, will likely be a V6 EcoBoost under the hood.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/the-15-most-powerful-naturally-aspirated-cars-for-sale/

Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
IT HAS A TREMEC!!!

not a fan of that front bumper from the pictures. is that the real thing? or fan made?

Mhawke7894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
I am very excited for all the gently used Bullitts going on the market by people trading in for one of these. :giggle: