Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Deleted member 37397

Looks like they came up with a hybrid GT350 front end and painted the fangs body color. I like it. I’d consider getting one
Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I just dont see how anyone would want this over a GT350 unless you want the A10. They are definitely going to be similarly priced and you know Ford dealers are going to try to mark this up like they do with everything else.
Really was hoping for more hp. I really don't understand why they are not offering the Handling Package with the A10? The 2021 SS 1LE will have it! Its too bad because the Mach 1 equipped with the handling package and A10 may have gotten me out of the GT350.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Why is every new Mustang announcement met with so much vitriol? Did I stumble onto C6G by accident?
Sorry, an overpriced parts bin special with some stickers slapped on it doesn't excite me.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Disappointing.... the bullet with refreshed exterior and some small add ons... shoulda kept the gt350 i bet pricing will be in same ballpark..

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
1. they really should have followed the original design for the black vinyl graphics on the hood... should have been squared and covered the same area as the original design instead of tapered/speared look, would have looked so much better
2. functional hood scoop instead of 2018-2020 vents would have been nice as well
3. really like that they redid the front fascia instead of sticking with the new 2018+ design.. should have done something different on the Bullitt as well to make it really stand out from just a 2018+ GT with some badgeing....
4. the fake fog lights (if they are indeed fake) is just a god awful decision.. why would you do something like that... it's as bad as the non-functional side scoops on the 2018+ calif specials and the fake hook scoops you get on some aftermarket hoods....If your not going to do it right then don't do it at all....
5. looks like they are using the "swing" from the gt350 and gt500... don't like that look.. the flat desk spoiler makes it look too much like a sedan... prefer a raised decklid spoiler similar in design to the old school look as that was a major accessory on the Mach I of old...
6. side badge by fastback window would have been a really nice touch
7. Grill has to go.. they could have easily used the Calif Special grill for this, would have been perfect

Sorry, about all the dings... it just misses the mark for me.......

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Why is every new Mustang announcement met with so much vitriol? Did I stumble onto C6G by accident?

Because the Mach 1 has been a much anticipated car and when it revealed Ford laziness in styling is very disappointing. What we are getting is a refreshed Bullitt, with better transmissions true but still a Bullitt. Look at the wheels on the blue car Bullitt wheels and I'm willing to bet the the front bumper cover is the same one for the 2021 Mustang refresh. We should have seen this coming when Ford revealed the 2.3L High Performance Package.

wdmp_200510_00263.jpg

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
From the incandescent bulb turn signals, I’m guessing this car has the carbon composite bumper support the GT350 and GT500 have.

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
I just dont see how anyone would want this over a GT350 unless you want the A10. They are definitely going to be similarly priced and you know Ford dealers are going to try to mark this up like they do with everything else.
Agree %

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
The motor trend article says the cover in the “fog lights” can be removed for extra cooling on track days.

Living in FL, it will be off all the time for me. I don’t see this car as a 350 replacement, it’s a well balanced car for the enthusiast with Bullitt power and coolers.

Even Ford said, it will be somewhere in the middle between the GT and the Shelby. Those who though they would have a lot of power, failed to see that it won’t be a Shelby replacement.

I like how the HP looks, but probably will go with the “base”, because I want the A10 and PS4s. I will miss the big spoiler :frown:.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
From the incandescent bulb turn signals, I’m guessing this car has the carbon composite bumper support the GT350 and GT500 have.
I wish they would’ve used LED turn signals and fog lights (like the 18+), clearly Ford cheap out.

Aftermarket LED turn signals, reverse and interior lights. :facepalm:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I'm kinda disappointed about the power, they should have made the bullitt engine the standard GT engine and then gave the mach 1 a new set of cams to bump the power up to 500-510. In the end it's just a refreshed bullitt in different colors and an A10 option. The loaded ones will probably list for 57-58 and start about 51-52. The first ones out the door with ADM will be north of 60. I'll wait till 23 when they are practically giving them away and pick one up new for 48-50, and my 17 vert will be paid in full by then so I will keep it and have both.

Mhawke7894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
What I read on Carbuzz was that the grille lights were excluded as a weight saving/performance measure since this is the track-oriented trim. They might be included on the regular GTs next year, and be able to be swapped in by dealers. I have no idea how true any of this is, but it makes a sense, even if I disagree with the decision.
Sponsored